Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Moto E6 for $20 with a trade-in

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jettable View Post
    Thank you, that makes sense with the Enhanced 4G LTE being grayed out. As for making calls, no, the phone can't make calls. When a phone number is put into the dialpad, it just goes back to the previous screen without doing anything.

Calling the E6's number from a different phone -- no ringing, just a pre-recorded message saying “The person you are trying to call has a voice mail box that has not been set up yet. Please try your call again later". The recorded message starts playing immediately, no delay, no rings, like it's going to voicemail immediately.

Another thing puzzles me -- even though the data is on, the Network Signal app shows Data state as Disconnected. Also, the phone shows zero bars -- just a triangle-outline with nothing inside - even though Network Signal shows 97% strength. I was looking at his Chat transcripts and Visible said they re-provisioned the sim. I thought re-provisioning solved such problems. Apparently not, in this case.
    A triangle indicator normally means the phone is roaming. Visible doesn't support roaming so that *might* be the issue. In the Network Signal Info app does "Net. Operator" say "Visible / Verizon Wireless" like in hpham's screenshot? If not and there's an option in settings to disable roaming, disabling might help the phone latch onto a Verizon signal.

If Network Signal Info does say that the Net. Operator is Visible / Verizon it's probably either a defective phone or else Visible screwed up the activation somehow (not unheard of).
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    A triangle indicator normally means the phone is roaming. Visible doesn't support roaming so that *might* be the issue. In the Network Signal Info app does "Net. Operator" say "Visible / Verizon Wireless" like in hpham's screenshot? If not and there's an option in settings to disable roaming, disabling might help the phone latch onto a Verizon signal.

If Network Signal Info does say that the Net. Operator is Visible / Verizon it's probably either a defective phone or else Visible screwed up the activation somehow (not unheard of).
    Thanks Yeswap. So the phone's Network Signal info is different from hpham's screenshot.
    It says
    "Net. Operator: Verizon Wireless / Verizon Wireless" and
    "Sim operator: Visible"
    Still tried toggling the roaming setting, but it didn't help. Also tried changing the CDMA roaming mode, that didn't help either.

I am also puzzled by the fact that his location shows full "blue" coverage on Visible's coverage map. Just seems like what is happening is totally weird, with two different sim's at that. Thanks for any help in solving this!

Throwing in some more info in the hope that it is helpful in solving this problem somehow:
    The phone's Device Info shows the correct sim number.
    Service state Voice:Out of Service/ Data: Out of service.
    Mobile voice network type: LTE. Mobile data network type: Unknown.
    Roaming: Not roaming
    The Visible app shows his name, email and phone number.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Isn`t the phone unlocked? It also may have the radios for AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile.
    Try swapping in an active SIM from a phone that works. Then you can narrow the problem to the phone being defective or to the SIM (possibly being provisioned wrong).

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    For what it's worth, my Moto E6 from Visible stopped connecting to the cell network earlier this week, a few days before my 1st month ran out. I wasn't planning on staying with Visible, so I didn't worry about it.
    I swapped in an old FreedomPop SIM from a mostly unused Amazon Fire Phone (remember them?), and now the Moto E6 works fine.

Sent from my moto e6 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I hope the knowledgeable folks on this forum will be able to solve this Visible-Verizon-Tracfone-coverage mystery for me. Here are my observations, all at the same location (friend’s place):

- Friend’s Moto E6 on Visible showed zero signal bars. Moto E6 was the Visible swap phone. Couldn’t make calls. No data. Phone couldn’t be activated on Visible.

- But my Tracfone Moto E5 showed full signal and worked perfectly. My Moto E5 is the Black Friday HSN bundle with TF-Verizon.

- Cellmapper.net shows several Verizon towers and good Verizon coverage for the location. However, Verizon-Reseller coverage is zero for the location. Literally, zero towers and no coverage at all for Verizon-Reseller.

Now Visible doesn’t roam on Verizon but I thought Tracfone doesn’t roam on Verizon either. So how is it that the TF-Verizon Moto E5 works flawlessly at the location, while the Visible E6 doesn’t? TIA for any insights, because this has me perplexed.
    Last edited by jettable; 05-17-2020 at 12:46 AM. Reason: corrected typo

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Visible is the prepaid subsidiary of Verizon. So the coverage for Visible should be as good as that of native Verizon.

Try these steps in sequence:
    1. Put a working TF/Verizon SIM into the Visible E6 (my BYOP TF/VZW SIM works in my Visible E6). If it gets no signal, that phone is defective.
    2. If step 1 worked, the phone is OK. Use WiFi, download the Visible app from Google Play Store. Then run that app to activate the Visible SIM.

If I recall correctly from reading the thousands of posts on Slickdeals.net about the Visible E6 , there's a "trick" if the Visible SIM couldn't be activated in the E6: put in a SIM from another carrier (doesn't have to be active), power on the phone, then power off the phone, put the Visible SIM back in and try to activate again.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Visible is the prepaid subsidiary of Verizon. So the coverage for Visible should be as good as that of native Verizon.
    Visible only supports LTE and native Verizon coverage, so it has less coverage than Verizon postpaid. And it looks like less than Verizon prepaid.
    NW Oklahoma and SE Oklahoma are easy areas to spot the difference on maps.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Trying to simplify to 2 prepaid lines, one on the Verizon network and a limited minute plan on ATT to improve coverage area. 12 month plans to help me fight the urge to switch. The good old days of contracts where you had to pay a hefty ETF to leave

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7