Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Moto E6 for $20 with a trade-in

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    If you're going to do this deal, below is some useful info to save you from reading through 2600+ posts in that thread on Slickdeals.

- Go to Visible web site, select SHOP, look for the Moto E6 and click on SWAP.
    - Enter the IMEI of the phone that you want to trade in. Seems like any smartphone with an IMEI will be accepted. Some people used the MEID when their phone has no IMEI. The phone should be able to power up, but don't send the battery if it's leaking.
    - Use the code BzjqH to get $20 off the first month's cost of $40. If you don't use the code, they'll automatically give you (as a new customer) $15 off.
    - Their cost calculation is kind of wonky. They'll calculate the sales tax for your area on the $99 price of the phone + fees and show that amount is DUE TODAY, and $20 due at activation. But since the phone is free and there's no tax + fee on that, it'll be zero, and they just charge you for the discounted first month fee ($20 if you use the code, $25 if not).
    - The phone will be shipped by FedEx overnight, unless you order on Friday or during the weekend which will be shipped on Monday. "Indirect Signature Required" means it can be signed by you or anyone at your home, or your neighbor, or your dog.
    - Inside the package is the phone in a sealed Moto box, a Visible SIM, a prepaid UPS (not FedEx) label to return the trade in phone, along with a cardboard "frame" to hold the old phone. Use the FedEx box, slap the UPS label over the FedEx label, take it to a UPS shipping place or dropbox.
    - Follow the instructions in the email they'll send you to activate the phone by downloading/running the Visible app. Make sure to power the phone off then back on after the activation.
    - It will appear like you're being charged another $20 at activation, but it's just their poor accounting method. There will be no additional charge at activation.
    - Track your return shipment of the old phone. They'll send you an email to tell you that your trade-in phone was accepted. Out of thousands of posts on Slickdeals, only one person claimed that his trade-in was rejected, but he never offered more details when questioned.
    - The email might come within minutes of your trade-in being delivered, or it might take a week (mine was delivered last Friday morning but I didn't get the acceptance email until late Tuesday night.
    - If you don't want to continue with Visible after the first month, TURN OFF Auto Pay in the app (it defaulted to OFF). There's no way to remove the payment method (credit card, debit card, or Paypal) that you entered at ordering.

I hope the info helps.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Seems like they ran out once again. I bet Motorola is loving this Visible trade in deal. They will probably get more in next week.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Does the first month of Visible service begin when they charge your card, or when you activate the phone? And can you wait a month or two before activation and beginning your first month of Visible service?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Does the first month of Visible service begin when they charge your card, or when you activate the phone? And can you wait a month or two before activation and beginning your first month of Visible service?
    The month of service starts when you activate the phone. There's so much info being bandied around in that long thread on Slickdeals, but if I'm not mistaken one person was told by Visible chat that he can wait up to 60 days to activate the phone. One person even claimed that he got a Visible rep to refund his $20 because he doesn't plan to activate the E6, but by doing so technically he's not fulfilling the terms of the deal which are trading in a phone and activate the E6.

Feedback Score
    Wonder if moto E will go back in stock

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boherez View Post
    Wonder if moto E will go back in stock
    E6 is back in stock as of 2/24/20.

Device(s)
    Moto g6
    Feedback Score
    HA, disregard...I just realized that the Visible deal is for an e6 not a g6...oops!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    E6 is back in stock as of 2/24/20.
    Thanks , I actually refreshed my tab and spotted it

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Since your E5 is TF-branded and the E6 is a BYOP, at some point you'll have to transfer service from the E5 to a BYOP SIM to keep things "proper' (if you want to use the E6).

To minimize the units/days that can be "at risk" during the transfer, I would:
    1. Order the $50 Ebay deal.
    2. Order the Visible Moto E6 ASAP before it runs out of stock again.
    3. When you've received the E6, activate it on Visible (which is required to complete the deal). Play around with it and see if it has the features that make you want to use it as a replacement for the E5.
    4. If you want to go ahead and use the E6, complete the following steps before your TF service runs out in early April.
    5. Activate a BYOP SIM (WITH A TRANSFER FROM THE E5) for the carrier that you want to use. If it's TF/Verizon, an IMEI is required, give it the IMEI of the E6.
    6. Put the newly-activated BYOP SIM into the E6. Checking things out, make sure everything works and all the units/days got transferred correctly.
    7. After a few days, add the PIN from the $50 Ebay deal to the E6 and you're done.

If for some reason you don't like to use the E6 as a replacement for the E5, then just add the PIN from the $50 Ebay deal to the E5.

Device(s)
    Moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Since your E5 is TF-branded and the E6 is a BYOP, at some point you'll have to transfer service from the E5 to a BYOP SIM to keep things "proper'.

To minimize the units/days that can be "at risk" during the transfer, I would:
    1. Order the $50 Ebay deal.
    2. Order the Visible Moto E6 ASAP before it runs out of stock again.
    3. When you've received the E6, activate it on Visible (which is required to complete the deal). Play around with it and see if it has the features that make you want to use it as a replacement for the E5.
    4. If you want to go ahead and use the E6, complete the following steps before your TF service runs out in early April.
    5. Activate a BYOP SIM (WITH A TRANSFER FROM THE E5) for the carrier that you want to use. If it's TF/Verizon, an IMEI is required, give it the IMEI of the E6.
    6. Put the newly-activated BYOP SIM into the E6. Checking things out, make sure everything works and all the units/days got transferred correctly.
    7. After a few days, add the PIN from the $50 Ebay deal to the E6 and you're done.

If for some reason you don't like to use the E6 as a replacement for the E5, then just add the PIN from the $50 Ebay deal to the E5.
    Even though I wound up deleting my original post after realizing the Visible deal was an e6, not g6, I appreciate you taking the time to reply! I may still pick one up anyway, $20 is a good deal to have an unlocked backup phone. Thanks, hpham!

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracfoner69 View Post
    Even though I wound up deleting my original post after realizing the Visible deal was an e6, not g6, I appreciate you taking the time to reply! I may still pick one up anyway, $20 is a good deal to have an unlocked backup phone. Thanks, hpham!
    Better hurry they'll be gone fast. The resellers are buying them up for eBay.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Even though I wound up deleting my original post after realizing the Visible deal was an e6, not g6, I appreciate you taking the time to reply! I may still pick one up anyway, $20 is a good deal to have an unlocked backup phone.
    I have a Simple Mobile Moto E5 with an active TF/Verizon BYOP SIM as a backup phone. I'll be replacing it with the Moto E6 from Visible. The E5 is way too big, I like the smaller E6. Although the E6 doesn't have a fingerprint reader, I don't use the E5's fingerprint reader anyway because it's not reliable (at least on my E5). The E6 has a smaller battery, but it's quite good at battery management. It uses just 4-5% every 24 hrs when sitting idle.

Device(s)
    Moto g6
    Feedback Score
    I have a Simple Mobile Moto E5 with an active TF/Verizon BYOP SIM as a backup phone. I'll be replacing it with the Moto E6 from Visible. The E5 is way too big, I like the smaller E6. Although the E6 doesn't have a fingerprint reader, I don't use the E5's fingerprint reader anyway because it's not reliable (at least on my E5). The E6 has a smaller battery, but it's quite good at battery management. It uses just 4-5% every 24 hrs when sitting idle.
    I wasn't aware that the e6 lacks a fingerprint reader...that's a deal killer for me. My e5's fingerprint reader works great, and I use it with quite a few apps for authentication...would never want to go back to entering a PIN or password. I also want to stick with at least a 5.7" screen. I've also gotten used to the massive 4000 mAh battery in the e5, and while the g6 battery is a puny 3000 mAh, at least the phone itself is a clear upgrade from my e5, so I can live with charging it up a few more times a week.

I'm really glad that I realized as I was typing my original post that this deal was the e6, not the g6, otherwise I would've been disappointed. At this point I don't really think the Visible e6 is even worth the hassle of jumping through hoops to buy one, trade in, activate, cancel, etc.

Hey, more for you guys, right?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I wasn't aware that the e6 lacks a fingerprint reader...that's a deal killer for me. I also want to stick with at least a 5.7" screen. I've also gotten used to the massive 4000 mAh battery in the e5, and while the g6 battery is a puny 3000 mAh, at least the phone itself is a clear upgrade from my e5, so I can live with charging it up a few more times a week.
    For trade-in deals, Visible also has the ZTE Blade A7 Prime. It has nice specs that meet your needs: 6.09" screen, fingerprint reader, 32GB memory, 3GB RAM. I also got one besides the Moto E6. Unfortunately, I can't recommend it for use on Tracfone. Although Visible is a Verizon MVNO and the ZTE A7 has the LTE bands needed for TF/Verizon, nobody has been able to get it to work with TF/Verizon. I messed around with it and was able to create/save the APN VZWINTERNET that TF/Verizon uses, but still had no service with a TF/Verizon BYOP SIM. It has no LTE bands for AT&T or T-mobile, so it only has 3G service with my TF/AT&T BYOP SIM.

Here's a comparison of ZTE A7 Prime vs Moto G6 vs Moto E5 .

Device(s)
    Moto g6
    Feedback Score
    For trade-in deals, Visible also has the ZTE Blade A7 Prime. It has nice specs that meet your needs: 6.09" screen, fingerprint reader, 32GB memory, 3GB RAM. I also got one besides the Moto E6. Unfortunately, I can't recommend it for use on Tracfone. Although Visible is a Verizon MVNO and the ZTE A7 has the LTE bands needed for TF/Verizon, nobody has been able to get it to work with TF/Verizon. I messed around with it and was able to create/save the APN VZWINTERNET that TF/Verizon uses, but still had no service with a TF/Verizon BYOP SIM. It has no LTE bands for AT&T or T-mobile, so it only has 3G service with my TF/AT&T BYOP SIM.

Here's a comparison of ZTE A7 Prime vs Moto G6 vs Moto E5 .
    No Verizon is a non-starter. Verizon coverage around my neck of the woods is far superior to any other carrier, with a site just 1/4 mile from my house.

I'll probably wind up getting the g6 when HSN has them back in stock for $100. I'll take the bad with the good when it comes to the g6, such as the pointless and annoying glass back, the smaller battery, and of course the fact that I'm actually going backwards in terms of Android release.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast