Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AT&T will eventually be broken up, analyst says

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    AT&T will not be broken up and is not a monopoly at this time. We already had the Breakup of the Bell Systems. Assets can be sold if the right valuation came along but AT&T will definitely not be broken up.
    It can be broken up even if not by government action. A new management team can come in at some point and decide that the company is worth more separate than together. Or by divesting a portion of the company that is under performing. Once the management team that made the big purchases (such as DTV) are gone, there are no egos that resist acknowledging that it might have been a mistake.

Companies change gears all the time. Ford bought some foreign car companies (I'm wanting to think Volvo). Things didn't go as well as planned. Sold it off. Daimler bought Chrysler. Sold it off.

And that is what I understood this thread to be about. Not government action.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Trying to simplify to 2 prepaid lines, one on the Verizon network and a limited minute plan on ATT to improve coverage area. 12 month plans to help me fight the urge to switch. The good old days of contracts where you had to pay a hefty ETF to leave

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    And when things like that happen, it causes uncertainty. In an unrelated career, I've been part of companies that have been purchased. Then parent company got purchased. Then THAT company sold off my portion of the company to another. Then bought out by local investors. Then purchased by larger company. Then THAT company was purchased. Then later laid off when contract lost. Then a few years later when the company that had won the contract (and hired me) lost their contract I got hired back by the company. Maybe too large to be bought out again, but I now know that things change.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This is just a stockjockey making a "prediction"

They do these things about my company all the time, and rarely are they right. Really nothing to see here, especially as long as Randall is at the helm (and i assume that's going to be for a while, until he starts to see his vision form to something)

Yes.. They're not going to perform "optimally" for a while while things get settled in.. but just like when your partner moves in, there is an adjustment period - and for a company the size of AT&T all this rapid change in ~3yrs will take 5-10yrs im willing to bet to fully materialize.

Problem is stockjockeys want instant returns.. let management do what it's good at - making money (and they are doing that.. just not at the rate wall street wants) and it'll all be fine in the end once all this levels out and settles down.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2