Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Left phone home gone for 2 months

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Sorry that I missed the part of not already having a SIM card. Very possible the OP went to an authorized re-seller rather than a corporate store. I worked at an authorized re-seller and when we couldn't so certain requests, we would refer customers to the local corporate store. I would think that that the online chat reps could send out a replacement SIM to the OP.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    granmanh, if the iPad is unlocked, based on the rates quoted above for Vzw tablet plans, I wonder if you'd consider a FreedomPop AT&T LTE annual prepaid SIM?

12 months of 1GB/mo is available from https://www.bestbuy.com/site/freedom...?skuId=6187400 for $39.99 ($3.33/mo).

12 months of 5GB/mo is available from https://www.bestbuy.com/site/freedom...?skuId=6296211 for $119.99 ($10/mo).

Those are sale prices, and I don't know when the sale ends, but probably Saturday is the last day to buy/order at those prices (until the next sale).

Ask if you are interested and/or have any questions.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    I would think that that the online chat reps could send out a replacement SIM to the OP.
    It's been a few years now, but I tried to get Verizon to send me a SIM for a phone I was buying (needed a nano and old phone was micro). They even said they did but it never arrived. Then they said they couldn't and I had to go to a store. And I had to go 10 miles farther to the corporate store because the authorized store would only sell me a SIM (for like $20). Oh and I had to wait for the phone to arrive so they could transfer instead of giving me a SIM and I transfer online at my leisure.

So my daughter got the birthday present and had to wait a few days before she could use it because they would just give/send the SIM.
    She wasn't particularly pleased by that.

Feedback Score
    Ok so when I tried to by the Verizon ipad on Best Buy online they would sell me the Verizon ipad with a plan, I had a plan and they would not do so I bought a unlock one figuring it had all carriers figured I could easily transfer my acct. So went in added all the info you mentionion til I got to the sims card info there was none on my ipad so did a chat with Verizon, said easy no problem got to same point OH sorry can't do. Go to corporate I think that was term CS used store they will give you a sims card for free and tranfer your acct. Corporate store in Keene, NH for person who asked that. Again no problem. Oh the sims in imbeded in ipad only Verizon cant be removed OK so give me new one and tranfer service. Oh can't do we don't have that plan any more... he talked to manager, not very helpful just said no cant do. That was it, gave me no other option just said cant do. Didn't offer any other help. IM old I was soooooo stressed I paid $379 for and ipad I can't connect. I just gave up. Waited til I got down to condo in Fl but then I had the phone issue and had to deal with that so have done nothing about the ipad. Just tired to get into my Verizon acct for ipad and can't The plan is $20 a month for I think 2 g but could be 1g. All I know is I do not use much some month none. I mostly use in car when traveling. If I look at plans online it just takes me in a circle. I do not have and iphone , I just have that ipad cellulars service I see suppositly 2g for $20 but can't get in. I don't get why I can't get a Sims and transfer or at least give me options for a plan. When I try to go thru it keeps either wanting me to buy one but I can't get to bring own ipad. I have lots of trouble its not like I use at my home I use traveling in a car so need a good service. I don't even use what I have and could always add more. It is auto paid every month even if I don't use. You can turn in on and off(or at least you used to be able to do that) but then I had trouble with that, It would say connected and it wasn't so off to Verizon store for hours, so gave up on that and just paid $20 a month and til now no issures. but going to their app on ipads they won't let me in there either. I do not know about freedom pop , I looked Att, Sprint, Tmobil, Always online, Gigsky, truphone. I'm leery now if I have trouble with Verizon what about those no names. I have no where to go. HELP

Feedback Score
    So, based on all that, and since your new iPad is unlocked, I wonder if my suggestion of getting one of the FP AT&T LTE annual prepaid plans might be the best option to get data on it?

Based on your usage. it definitely would be the best option for an Android tablet, which I use with FP AT&T LTE SIM cards.

What I don't know is if there are any other issues that an iPad might have that an Android tablet wouldn't.

For example, would you be able to change the APN to fp.com.attz on an iPad?

Also, do you use iMessage on your iPad, and if so, do you use it with a phone # on your old iPad/plan, or with an email address?

Hopefully others here are more familiar with iPad and can chime in.

But if those potential issues can be resolved, one of the FP AT&T LTE annual prepaid plans I listed above would be the most economical to get service on your new iPad.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

To the best of my knowledge,

iPads and Android tablets are not locked to a specific cellular carrier. The only limitation that comes to mind is if the device uses an internal SIM card, it may not support the correct frequencies for a cellular/wireless connection on a different cellular provider. It is not as much of an issue today as it was in the past.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by granmanh View Post
    Go to corporate I think that was term CS used store they will give you a sims card for free and tranfer your acct. Corporate store in Keene, NH for person who asked that. Again no problem. Oh the sims in imbeded in ipad only Verizon cant be removed OK so give me new one and tranfer service. Oh can't do we don't have that plan any more... he talked to manager, not very helpful just said no cant do. That was it, gave me no other option just said cant do. Didn't offer any other help.
    There is not a Corporate Store around Keene, NH. Nashua is the nearest. I have been very unimpressed by the Authorized Retailers, The ones around here are not helpful with service issues, and don't do activations unless you buy from that store.

You can get Verizon Prepaid SIM cards from Walmart for $10. Check online to see which stores have them in stock. Not sure if these will work with a tablet plan.

Feedback Score
    Ok so the exact store Was a Verizon Company Store with the star annotation. The other places near me in Dublin were Authorized Retailers and they wanted to charge me $75 to give new sims and transfer service so I went on Chat with Verizon site chat to see if it could be done and all went well til no Verizon sims not in. Rest I told you they would not help me. Oh my plan now is 1 g $20 and I renew auto every month. At the start I would cancel and reconnect when needed but that got to be a problem so gave in. Online I see a plan 1g for $10 but not sure it the same or maybe they didn't want me to get cheaper plan. These sites do not want to give you info on data only plans. I would need a Verizon sims and would be locked to Verizon. I fooled around more today and click on the carriers on the Apple sims that is in this ipad Att had 1g for 30 days 19.99 auto renew. and pay as you go 2g for 3 months for $30. Could not find and Sprint info with out click further in and not going to do that. Tmobil had $10 for 2g month or $10 for7 days one time or $10 for 5g for 150days 5 months. Those looked like I could sign up right on the ipad and sims would go to that service. I travel with ipad so go thru many states going in land for NH down to St Augustine Fl and do lose Verizon service in mountains rural area and in Western MD and W Va..so like 30 min. I can deal with that but that is 3g service , this hopefully 4g might be better. I like the cheaper plans but worry they say phone plans. Oh and no I do not use the phone number attached to the Verizon ipad. I use my email for messaging and Facetime. I rarely call anyone on phone or ipad I text. I do not have to be in my kids life constantly. Ha I probably get more messages from Grandkids looking for stuff for me to order on Amazon. So I think I have more info now its just what service will be better for me? and kinda mad at Verizon for the way I was treated. There are Verizon , ATT and Tmobil stores here in St A. I know this is an unusual problem and I do so appreciate all you help. I just am very confused about the sims card part and how they work. Thank you all again

Feedback Score
    Don't know that I could contribute here. But WOT prevents me from even trying.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.50otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Remind me why this is in the TF forum?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4