Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Mint mobile free for 3 months

Feedback Score

Mint Mobile Free For 3 Months

Quote Originally Posted by MBRunnin View Post
    Works just fine in my free TMobile hotspot. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app
    Thank you for posting that. That is what I anticipated, but it is so good to get confirmation of these types of things.

Feedback Score

Mint Mobile In The Caribbean

My wife and I will be going on a cruise soon. I already have the Mint Mobile SIM card, but I haven't activated it yet. It looks like the calling and texting rates are okay, since we will only be at each place for a day. The data rate is over the top expensive. My mother-in-law will let us borrow her T-Mobile hotspot, which should give us data, but probably very slow data. Is there anybody here that has done international on Mint Mobile yet?

ARUBA/ CURACAO/ SAINT LUCIA/ SAINT KITTS

Mint Mobile Rates

Voice Rate Per Minute$0.25
    SMS Rate Per SMS $0.05
    Data Rate Per MB $0.20
    Last edited by Jim1348; 02-16-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Feedback Score
    Jim1348, those calling rates seem excessive, too, as do the text rates, which come out to $0.10 per text sent and received!

If you're going to have the free T-Mo hotspot with you anyway, you might consider using a Google Voice # over data only using either Hangouts or the GV app for calls and texting instead of the expensive Mint Mobile rates. In my experience, Hangouts calls works fine with T-Mo 128Kbps data.

That's just something to consider...

Feedback Score

Mint Mobile In The Caribbean

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Jim1348, those calling rates seem excessive, too, as do the text rates, which come out to $0.10 per text sent and received!

If you're going to have the free T-Mo hotspot with you anyway, you might consider using a Google Voice # over data only using either Hangouts or the GV app for calls and texting instead of the expensive Mint Mobile rates. In my experience, Hangouts calls works fine with T-Mo 128Kbps data.

That's just something to consider...
    I agree. They do all seem excessive.

I don't actually have the T-Mobile hotspot in my possession yet. My wife is meeting her older sister tomorrow to pick it up. In the meantime, I am trying to verify that she won't be charged anything more and what data speeds we are likely to get. When we were in Canada with it, I was expecting to be throttled. We got very fast 4G speeds, despite the warning about slow speeds. Of course, that was Canuckland not the Caribbean!

Push come to shove, I will go and get one or two Google Fi SIM cards and see speeds are allowed using that.

Feedback Score
    Curious if anyone has experience using Mint Mobile internationally. The big reason that I am checking out Mint Mobile is its international roaming. I would use this so infrequently and so little that the high price per minute, text, data is not a deterrent. However, it would be convenient to have for my occasional international travel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    The expiry date on the SIM card is the date when the SIM card can’t be activated anymore.

However, the free Mint mobile for 3 mos offer did say to activate within 45 days. They may or may not have programmed it so that you only get to activate the FREE service within 45 days. We don’t know.

DB/SB, why don’t you try it for all of us so we’ll know? Wait until it’s past 45 days before you activate your FREE service.
    I have done that in the past and it worked for me.....twice. I have one 90 day service active now and two other unactivated sims with dates in 2021. I'll let you know in May this year.
    Galaxy Note 9
    Galaxy Note 8
    I phone 6
    I phone 7+
    2 Essential PH-1
    Samsung SM-T515
    KuBi X20

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Just got the following email from Mint:

"We noticed you purchased your Mint Mobile plan on 2/3/2020, but haven’t activated it yet. So, this is an official (gentle) reminder to activate your plan because your SIM card actually becomes inactive in 16 days. And nobody wants that."

Sent from my moto x4 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Popped the sim in today and activated with no problems. I activated it with a new number.

Feedback Score
    I activated the SIM card today with a new number.

I had to chat so I can do two things I always do when I get a new SIM card - get the default SIM PIN and disable voice mail.

Mint CS wasn’t very knowledgeable at all. 37 min after the chat began, all I got was the default SIM PIN and had to tell the CS to just email me with the rest because it was taking too long and I had other things to do.

SIM PIN - CS asked why I wanted it. Huh? Why do they even have to ask that.

Disabling VM - CS asked why I wanted VM disabled. Gave me two wrong answers. Later email from the CS said Mint cannot disable VM.

I like Tello’s and FreeUp ‘s CS more. All it takes is one concise email from me and they take care of stuff without requiring me to chat and answer a lot of unnecessary questions.

Mint is the first telecom I’ve dealt with that doesn’t allow disabling of VM. Why do they not allow that? That’s a deal breaker for me.

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    I also got a couple emails from Mint that I need to activate the free Sim ,

its going in an iPad , can I activate in the iPad or do I need to do it in a phone first ?

and if anyone has it working in an iPad what are the APN settings and can you send SMS text messages ?

Thanks for the info
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Just got the following email from Mint:

"We noticed you purchased your Mint Mobile plan on 2/3/2020, but haven’t activated it yet. So, this is an official (gentle) reminder to activate your plan because your SIM card actually becomes inactive in 16 days. And nobody wants that."

Sent from my moto x4 using HoFo mobile app
    I just received a 2nd reminder Email to activate the sim soon. The sim will expire March 19th 2020 I will activate on the 15th making it expire on June 14 or 15

Feedback Score
    mint mobile is slow even for tmobile mnvo .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by princessyellow View Post
    mint mobile is slow even for tmobile mnvo .
    It seems so.

Compared to AT&T, Mint seems to be very slow. My apps and browser websites take longer to load/open.

Feedback Score
    Some folks said they used their sim even after the official 45 days...
    I got the reminder to activate email but dont need it now. Wonder what's going to be if I keep waiting

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boherez View Post
    Some folks said they used their sim even after the official 45 days...
    I got the reminder to activate email but dont need it now. Wonder what's going to be if I keep waiting
    Can they be any more concise, lol?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast