Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Mint mobile free for 3 months

Feedback Score
    Anyone else having a problem logging into Mint Mobile's community forum?
    Galaxy Note 9
    Galaxy Note 8
    I phone 6
    I phone 7+
    2 Essential PH-1
    Samsung SM-T515
    KuBi X20

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Can they be any more concise, lol?
    I understand it seems pretty clear but I remember reading how some folks had no issues activating later.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 10+, Saumsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just activated the SIM that Mint Mobile sent me for the 3 free months on the 3GB plan with a new number. Is it possible to port in a number and keep the free 3 months of service even if I have to use a different SIM?

Someone I know works in a restaurant and his hours were severely cut when the restaurant's dine-in had to close due to the coronavirus outbreak and he sure could use the free service. He would be porting from Simple Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slyphoxj View Post
    I just activated the SIM that Mint Mobile sent me for the 3 free months on the 3GB plan with a new number. Is it possible to port in a number and keep the free 3 months of service even if I have to use a different SIM?

Someone I know works in a restaurant and his hours were severely cut when the restaurant's dine-in had to close due to the coronavirus outbreak and he sure could use the free service. He would be porting from Simple Mobile.
    Nice of you to think about helping out a friend!
    Mint doesn't normally allow porting in a number after activation of a SIM-- but it's worth asking Mint if there's a work-around.
    The option I'm aware of is having your friend port his number to Google Voice, which costs $20-- but after that, and setting up the GV app on the phone, your friend could receive and place calls via his existing number, without requiring a new number from Mint. Once set up with Google Voice, it's easy to take advantage of other short-term promos when needed.

Feedback Score
    Been using Mint Mobile for a week or two, comparing it to Visible (also have ATT prepaid).

Been pretty happy thus far. Too bad we can't travel to test out the T-mobile service on the road.

Feedback Score
    I got this test to see how it would work in surrounding areas. Well, with social distancing I haven’t been anywhere! I don’t need it at home since I have a land line.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Have been on Mint for 1 month on 3 month free super bowl promo using a factory unlocked iPhone 8 Plus.

Porting over from Cricket took less than a minute using Mint Mobile online form.

Old oicemails all carried over.
    Voicemail notification is instantaneous. On cricket, it would take hours and sometimes a day to be notified of a new voicemail.
    Visual Voicemail is 10 times faster compared to Cricket. Really helps weed out robocalls without having to listen to message.

Speaking of Robocalls, when I was on cricket, I'd get at least 4 or 5 a day.
    Since switching to Mint Mobile, maybe received two in past 30 days.
    Noticed new "verified number" on call list for numbers not in my contact list.

Data speed much faster. Cricket was always slow.
    Tethering using iPhone is simple and free on Mint. No paying an extra $10/month to turn function on like cricket.

Haven't had to contact Mint Mobile for customer service because service has been reliable.

Only negative I can see so far is that Mint Mobile prepaid is taxable. Cricket bundled taxes into fixed price. In San Francisco, prepaid wireless tax rate is 14.5% (ouch!). Since Mint only has online payment for renewing and getting best deal based on service zip code.

Anybody else in San Francisco happy with Mint Mobile?

Feedback Score
    edc415 said, "Old oicemails all carried over."

I'm curious, from anybody that can answer, how did voicemails from an AT&T system carry over to a T-Mobile system? Is this something unique to iPhone?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    edc415 said, "Old oicemails all carried over."

I'm curious, from anybody that can answer, how did voicemails from an AT&T system carry over to a T-Mobile system? Is this something unique to iPhone?
    Possibly. Have found over time that the iPhone does indeed store Voicemail messages on the phone. Visual Voicemail transcriptions of messages are accurate enough not to have to listen to most messages. Have voicemails dating back to 11/06/2014 which is around the time I started using cricket, an ATT MVNO.

All I did when switching carriers was do the online form and put the new sim card in. All voicemails, including ones in the deleted section, transferred over, as did my SMS messages dating back to 2009. Mint Mobile support warns that messages might disappear at first when switching but will reappear shortly after.

Also have all text/SMS messages since my first iPhone dating back to 2009.

When upgrading iPhones, I've been able to preserve all voicemail and SMS messages by doing a local encrypted backup to iTunes from old phone and then restoring it to the new phone.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6