Thread: Virgin mobile devices on Boost?

Feedback Score

Virgin mobile devices on Boost?

Virgin mobile is going bye bye. Virgin customers and from what I understand , phones are being migrated over to Boost. So that could mean that old Virgin mobile phones can now work on Boost. However, does anyone (especially dealers) know if that means that ANY Virgin mobile device can now work on Boost or not? Also, does that mean that that doesn't include 3g/wimax/cdma devices as Sprint fired off some decree banning activation of those phones back in May 2019?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ike D. View Post
    Virgin mobile is going bye bye. Virgin customers and from what I understand , phones are being migrated over to Boost. So that could mean that old Virgin mobile phones can now work on Boost. However, does anyone (especially dealers) know if that means that ANY Virgin mobile device can now work on Boost or not? Also, does that mean that that doesn't include 3g/wimax/cdma devices as Sprint fired off some decree banning activation of those phones back in May 2019?
    Same question. I have a grandfathered Minute2Minute flip phone that I'd like to keep using. I can't even get anybody to tell me what they're going to charge me. They say they will create identical plans but "we're still writing" them. I guess we'll find out on Monday.

Feedback Score
    It get's worse folks. The fate of Boost is in limbo with the pending court ruling on the T-Mobile/Sprint merger. If the merger is approved, Boost will be sold to Dish Network for a dubious future. If not approved, the terribly bankrupt Sprint may dump it. Well known that Sprint can't survive on it's own without a major overhaul.

I advise Boost and Sprint users to make sure your phones unlocked, and hope the phones can be put on other carriers.