Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Visible Swap Program questions

Device(s)
    Moto X4, G Stylus, G Power, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_vm View Post
    they are using fedex
    Yeah. I never got a tracking number. They tried to deliver it when I was out and didn't leave it. They require a signature. Had to go and pick it up myself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I was able to use a Prepaid Visa loaded with $30.00 to do the Swap deal. ....
    Their web site says "Prepaid cards excluded". Did you run into any problems using the prepaid visa?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jettable View Post
    Did your Sprint phone have an IMEI or an MEID? My old Sprint phones only have MEID's, and according to the slickdeals thread, they don't accept those Sprint phones.
    If you have any old Android tracfone's send those in. On my second order I'm trading an old Huawei H710VL in. Cant stand that phone its horribly slow.

Feedback Score
    Do they accept phones that don't have an IMEI? Sprint phones don't have IMEI (they have MEID instead) but the phones still clear Visible's swap checker when the MEID is entered.

The wiki at SD says that phones with MEID won't be accepted. Apparently Visible will only accept phones that have IMEI (ie AT&T or TMo phones).

I don't want to send in a Sprint phone (my Sprint phones only have MEID, not IMEI) and then have them charge me the full price for the Moto E6.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Their web site says "Prepaid cards excluded". Did you run into any problems using the prepaid visa?
    I used a Regions Bank Now card. I can load it at their ATM or transfer money into it from my Checking account. If there's nothing in it they can't get it.

Feedback Score
    A Meijer Prepaid Netspend Visa card worked fine for me on two SWAP transactions.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    What is the advantage of swapping in a phone? Does the ZTE A7 have that much street value? Or are most using it with Visible?

Do any of the other promos work when you do trade in?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ces1948 View Post
    Regardless of what Visible says about their phones being unlocked I beg to differ. I have 2 Visible phones both ZTE's, The A7 prime and the Blade 10 purchased new from Visible. When you insert a non Visible sim into either of these phone the apn settings area becomes grayed out and you cannot enter any information. I have tried a Tracfone (Verizon) Tracfone (T-mobile) H20 (ATT) and US Mobile (Verizon and T-mobile). None of these companies could get Voice, text or data to work. Even with the Visible sim in the phone the only thing you can edit in apn settings is the apn name and nothing else. The option to add an apn is not there. Neither phone will pass the Verizon imei check.
    Whatcha talking about Willis? My ZTE A7 Prime has an AT&T (ok, Freedompop 5G plan) sim in it and works fine. Only issue is it only has one ATT LTE band. For a cheap bottom of the barrel phone, its pretty good. Made it my daily for time being.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Regarding Visible phones not working with other SIM cards, I tested my ZTE Blade A3 prime:

FreedomPop SIM card - data worked after changing APN.
    FreeUp (no data) - never worked. No calls/txts.
    TruPhone - forced GSM auto. Calls/Txts worked for a while (1 min) then calls/txts never worked again.

So, Visible seems to be crippling the phone. With all my other unlocked phones (iPhones, blackberries, Samsung), I only have to insert any SIM card and they work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    Regarding Visible phones not working with other SIM cards, I tested my ZTE Blade A3 prime:

FreedomPop SIM card - data worked after changing APN.
    FreeUp (no data) - never worked. No calls/txts.
    TruPhone - forced GSM auto. Calls/Txts worked for a while (1 min) then calls/txts never worked again.

So, Visible seems to be crippling the phone. With all my other unlocked phones (iPhones, blackberries, Samsung), I only have to insert any SIM card and they work.
    I'm using both the ZTE A7 and Blade 10 Prime on At&t and Freeup. Been carrying the A7 with my main At&t Prepaid sim for about 2 weeks and really liking it. I'm guessing I will have reception issues out of the city because of the lack of At&t bands but I love the voice quality and compactness of the A7. If ZTE made an unlocked A7 with all the bands I'd be all over it!!!

I should add that I had to install the "4G Switcher" app to get them both to work on At&t.

Feedback Score

Visible Swap Program questions

I also used 4G switcher and other similar apps. It made no difference.

Also tested a postpaid T-mobile SIM card in the same ZTE Blade A3 Prime:
    • data works after typing in APN settings manually and restarting.
    • voice and text don’t work. I just get “mobile network not available”

Forcing apps show:
    current network: T-mobile
    data service: connected
    data network type: LTE
    voice service: emergency calls only
    voice network type: unknown

UPDATE:
    • FreeUp SIM card (250/250 calls/SMS, no data free plan) - calling works now after manually switching to 3G (2G also works) using Hidden Settings app. Incoming SMS works. Outgoing SMS doesn’t work.
    • will have to check if this (switching to 3G in order for calls to work) will work too for TruPhone and postpaid T-mobile
    Last edited by Maru; 08-02-2020 at 06:25 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2