Thread: No Voicemail Notification

Feedback Score

No Voicemail Notification

Just spent 1 hour on the phone with PP. They've moved me up the chain 4 times. I get gibberish as a text message and no notification that I have a voicemail. I'm on the 29.99 plan. Seems that my wife and I would probably be better served by moving to verizon prepaid. The difference is minimal in cost, I would get visual voicemail, hotspot, wifi calling. Very little downside. Why stay with PP?????

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hengy View Post
    Just spent 1 hour on the phone with PP. They've moved me up the chain 4 times. I get gibberish as a text message and no notification that I have a voicemail. I'm on the 29.99 plan. Seems that my wife and I would probably be better served by moving to verizon prepaid. The difference is minimal in cost, I would get visual voicemail, hotspot, wifi calling. Very little downside. Why stay with PP?????
    This has been discussed many times. It's just a matter of whether your phone supports VVM and making sure it's provisioned in their system.
    What phone are you using? Did you do a sim swap from a none VVM capable phone?

My VVM on a compatible phone works great and always has. On a none VVM phone you get the gibberish text. But finding the right CSR they can change that to basic VM.
    If you want HS, and wifi calling (other then GV) then PP isn't for you. The major PP benefit is their PayGo for light users.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Here is lots of info about this voicemail stuff too: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...email-See-here

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    This has been discussed many times. It's just a matter of whether your phone supports VVM and making sure it's provisioned in their system.
    What phone are you using? Did you do a sim swap from a none VVM capable phone?

My VVM on a compatible phone works great and always has. On a none VVM phone you get the gibberish text. But finding the right CSR they can change that to basic VM.
    If you want HS, and wifi calling (other then GV) then PP isn't for you. The major PP benefit is their PayGo for light users.
    I have an Iphone 8. So VVM does not work in the Iphone calling app. I know this. Seems their techs are fairly useless no matter how far up you go. I have had it provisioned correctly in the past, this time was a no go. If I go to Verizon at least I'm speaking directly with the provider. And for a very similar price for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hengy View Post
    I have an Iphone 8. So VVM does not work in the Iphone calling app. I know this. Seems their techs are fairly useless no matter how far up you go. I have had it provisioned correctly in the past, this time was a no go. If I go to Verizon at least I'm speaking directly with the provider. And for a very similar price for me.
    Did you have VVM provisioned correctly on this particular phone before? Was that on PPC or another provider?
    Yes, Iphones provision VVM different than Androids.
    Yes, the Tracfone Wireless CSRs have trouble with VVM (and VoLTE) issues.
    Verizon will coast $7-$10 more a month with the taxes and fees.

Feedback Score
    If you don't want to deal with the hassle of getting your phone to work with HDVVM ask the PagePlus rep to
    put it back to UBVM (This is standard voicemail and will give you back your notification)