Thread: Visible is getting trashed on Reddit

Feedback Score

Visible is getting trashed on Reddit

Many posts on Visible Reddit are trashing the service all around. From CS, signal, data speeds, and most of all porting. Reminds me many years ago of Straight Talk. I used ST for many years and over time they ironed out many issues except CS. I'm sure Visible will do the same over time. Until then I'm staying with Net-10 Ebay plan.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto X4 & G7; Pixel 3a & 4xl; Nexus 5x; IPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    There’s a couple of ways to look at it. If you consider Visible to still be going through its shakeout cruise (beta) then a user has to decide whether they want to put up with some hiccups or wait until the dust settles. The other consideration is moaner-groaners usually dominate forums because frankly, the many users having no issues do not feel a compunction to post about nothing. I’d venture a guess that most users aren’t having any problems but to be fair, I’m not trying to minimize the concerns of those users that haven’t been as fortunate.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Yes, there are a lot of negative threads, as there were with cricket initially. I've no idea how many customers visible has, say a half million or so. In reality, there are only a very few of them of ever how many there are, as the majority of customers have never heard of Howard's or reddit as they have no reason to, as they have no issues.

Unhappy customers are more apt to research their issue, thus finding references to these forums.
    I had a sudden and continuing and unresolved reception issue with cricket, and even with thousands of posts over 10 years, I researched advice on both, and complained on both.

Personally, I'm very satisfied with visible, with the exception of their current limited Android handset compatability.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    You have to remember that the average Reddit user is a member of the professional victim class.

Even the most minor perceived slight is a chance for them to cry for the attention they’re starved for and some of the fake internet points they covet like gold.

In short, don’t believe the hype. Visible works as good or bad as any Verizon MVNO does. It just depends on where you are and the congestion levels.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    You have to remember that the average Reddit user is a member of the professional victim class.

Even the most minor perceived slight is a chance for them to cry for the attention they’re starved for and some of the fake internet points they covet like gold.

In short, don’t believe the hype. Visible works as good or bad as any Verizon MVNO does. It just depends on where you are and the congestion levels.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    That would depend on the subreddit. There are some very informative tech reddits there.

Sent from my [Huawei Mediapad M3] using HoFo mobile app
    Moto G4 Play running Microg for Lineage 14.1

Feedback Score
    The Reditt posts seem to be turning ugly as the level of frustraion with Visible is clearly growing. I can't imagine how Verizon is allowing this to happen.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto X4 & G7; Pixel 3a & 4xl; Nexus 5x; IPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Because 99 out of 100 users are loving it.

Feedback Score
    correction 99.9%

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    Trashing or not trashing, Visible subreddits are the most and best ways to get all things Visible answered and done, especially filling party pay. We are talking by minutes or hour there, mostly in hours or same day getting your party filled to get $25 monthly rate. The groups are still growing. My 2 cents.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Generally people who are happy don’t think to say anything. Those who are unhappy tend to say something. So it isn’t as bad as it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Because 99 out of 100 users are loving it.
    So how is life in Stockholm?

Feedback Score
    Decided to give Visible a try. Took them up on their swap a phone and $25 for the first month. Traded in an old Moto E from Boost that I used on Ring plus. Was surprised they accepted that IMEI. Have to say the ZTE A7 isn't that bad for a bottom barrel phone, I could live with it happily live with it.

So far so good. No issues yet and speeds are pretty good. 30+Mbps during prime time. I may join a party later in the month if Im happy. Don't want join one and immediately bail.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    Decided to give Visible a try. Took them up on their swap a phone and $25 for the first month. Traded in an old Moto E from Boost that I used on Ring plus. Was surprised they accepted that IMEI. Have to say the ZTE A7 isn't that bad for a bottom barrel phone, I could live with it happily live with it.

So far so good. No issues yet and speeds are pretty good. 30+Mbps during prime time. I may join a party later in the month if Im happy. Don't want join one and immediately bail.
    How has your experience been? You can't use any phone?

Feedback Score
    I put the sim in everything I have and it works fine with exception of a Quectel ec25af radio card, for some reason the sim won't register with the network but it does connect to a tower and pull an ip address, still kind of troubleshooting that. My mc7455 and nighthawk work fine at full speed but after a few hours they will get capped at 5-7 Mbps. My iPad mini gen2 was a bit of a pain because no way to set the apn. Unlockit.co.nz doesn't have a Visible profile and I couldn't get the other site that starts with a W (can't remember the name/url) to work. Ended creating a profile the Apple Configurator 2 app on OSX and that got the iPad working.

I probably won't keep Visible, speeds fluctuate too much and the latency is too high for my tastes, 90-120ms. I have not traveled with the sim and have yet to experience roaming drop outs but supposedly roaming isn't supported.

For phone service and basic mobile internet usage the Party deal, $25 for 4 strangers, makes it a pretty hot deal. Just pop into the Reddit or Facebook groups and there are many requests posted everyday by groups asking for one or more to join. There is no reason for anyone to not be able to get the $25/deal.
    Last edited by gedster314; 03-02-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    So how is life in Stockholm?
    Lol, I was thinking the same thing reading some of the posts. I don’t have a problem so it must be fake news. Sounds like T-Mobile social media
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet