Thread: dad needs an upgrade... suggestions?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score

dad needs an upgrade... suggestions?

Dad is on cricket wireless and has the 5GB plan... he goes over his 5 GB every single month and complains about how slow 128kbps "unlimited" is.. he is ready for an upgrade on his plan.... would staying with cricket and going to the 3mbps unlimited plan be the best and cheapest option or is there another plan from a different provider on the AT&T network that might be better and cheaper? His current phone will not work for Verizon or Sprint and T-Mobile is not good in this area....

on a side note i just saw cricket offers an unlimited BYOD plan until jan 30 which gives 8mbps unlimited for $40 (same price he pays now) but how long does he need to stay ported out before cricket will take his number back under this plan? will he have time to get this promotion?

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ATT Prepaid either unlimited or the Walmart promo with 25gb for $40/month. Also consider Red Pocket for $30/month with 7GB and h2o wireless $36 for 10gb. Taxes and fees are extra with all those options but probably only add $2-$3 to total cost. To become a new Cricket customer again, I believe the wait time is 90 days so you probably can't get the BYOD promo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MVNO Joe View Post
    ATT Prepaid either unlimited or the Walmart promo with 25gb for $40/month. Also consider Red Pocket for $30/month with 7GB and h2o wireless $36 for 10gb. Taxes and fees are extra with all those options but probably only add $2-$3 to total cost. To become a new Cricket customer again, I believe the wait time is 90 days so you probably can't get the BYOD promo.
    Agree, At&t Prepaid has a few nice deals right now. You'd have to jump through a few hoops since he currently has Cricket to get in on these deals. The 8gb 360 day plan for $300.00 annually might work for him or even the $40.00 25gb Walmart plan. Both have better speeds then Cricket, include Hotspot and have some rollover data. I've noticed that my calls connect a lot quicker since being on At&t Prepaid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Agree, At&t Prepaid has a few nice deals right now. You'd have to jump through a few hoops since he currently has Cricket to get in on these deals. The 8gb 360 day plan for $300.00 annually might work for him or even the $40.00 25gb Walmart plan. Both have better speeds then Cricket, include Hotspot and have some rollover data. I've noticed that my calls connect a lot quicker since being on At&t Prepaid.
    Where do I find out about this 8gb 360 day plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker5011 View Post

https://www.att.com/prepaid/12-month-offer.html

I don't know whether you can renew this for another year at the end of the first year, or if this is just a one time offer. Also, it is for new customers (new number or porting from a non ATT carrier). So no porting from ATT Postpaid, Cricket, or a plan on an ATT MVNO.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a & 4xl; Moto X4 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    If your in a strong Verizon area, Visible is also an economic choice. Sometimes there are porting issues but all in all, you get unlimited for $40 a month and if you join a Party with three other users, it’s $25 a month.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker5011 View Post

All the info ya need in this thread:
    https://slickdeals.net/f/13286773-ne...#post129576601

After 4 years with Cricket, I moved to the 25gb Walmart/At&t Prepaid Plan. I had to port my number from Cricket to Ting to At&t Prepaid to get the deal.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    If your in a strong Verizon area, Visible is also an economic choice. Sometimes there are porting issues but all in all, you get unlimited for $40 a month and if you join a Party with three other users, it’s $25 a month.
    His phone is not visible or Verizon compatible

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Anyone try i3 mobile? Just saw them and they look good just don't know about their plans... Ive gotta see the difference between their unlimited and unlimited+ plans... Cheaper than cricket and AT&T Prepaid

Edit: unlimited has no hotspot while unlimited+ has hotspot.... He doesn't need hotspot

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Only been around since July 2019, and I don't think I've seen any posts about it. And with the i3 name, searches bring up a lot of Intel CPU information

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    Anyone try i3 mobile? Just saw them and they look good just don't know about their plans... Ive gotta see the difference between their unlimited and unlimited+ plans... Cheaper than cricket and AT&T Prepaid

Edit: unlimited has no hotspot while unlimited+ has hotspot.... He doesn't need hotspot

$65 unlimited hotspot looks interesting.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    $65 unlimited hotspot looks interesting.
    I saw that... Wonder what the deprioritization limit is? From the beginning of the month or after 22GB? That would be a legal way for someone to get unlimited hotspot instead of using the "iPad plan"