Thread: Coverage Map Update: January 2020

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Coverage Map Update: January 2020

Last edited by frail; 01-23-2020 at 10:43 AM.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    A map from the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtludwig View Post
    A map from the future?

Lol sorry maybe the mods could edit the year for me?

Feedback Score
    Dope. Would be great if you share what’s new.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Lol sorry maybe the mods could edit the year for me?
    Done.

______

Feedback Score
    Huh. My experience on a drive this past Monday validates that section of the map for me...

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My experience last month in a National Park validates that map since it shows no coverage on T-Mobile and there was definitely no coverage.

Feedback Score
    I am likely going to a national park this year, and I will take T-Mobile but have a Verizon phone for backup.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I am likely going to a national park this year, and I will take T-Mobile but have a Verizon phone for backup.
    Serious question here. I have been reading these threads on Hofo for years. And often enough I see people post that they have both AT&T and T-Mobile phones or Verizon & T-Mobile. Do you pay for service for both carriers? Would it not be cheaper to just have one carrier? I'm just curious. I guess I don't want to have to carry 2 phones around but I can't calculate any savings if I had T-Mobile but also a Verizon plan too. Can you elaborate? How do you make the costs work?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    Serious question here. I have been reading these threads on Hofo for years. And often enough I see people post that they have both AT&T and T-Mobile phones or Verizon & T-Mobile. Do you pay for service for both carriers? Would it not be cheaper to just have one carrier? I'm just curious. I guess I don't want to have to carry 2 phones around but I can't calculate any savings if I had T-Mobile but also a Verizon plan too. Can you elaborate? How do you make the costs work?
    I think some people have work phones on one carrier and personal phones on another

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    In this case, don't carry along 2 full postpaid plans.

For less than a single ATT Postpaid plan, I carry a T-Mobile postpaid plan, and a $5/month Verizon based network plan on Red Pocket. Only 100 minutes, but it is for emergency use if I'm in an area that T-Mobile doesn't work (and Verizon does).

I have the spare phone. This wouldn't be feasible with multiple current flagship phones.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max, which has dual sim function. I have my T-Mobile primary number on an esim. I currently have Verizon/Red Pocket on a nano sim as a secondary line. It costs me $60 total for a years' service with 500Mb, 100 minutes voice and 100 texts included per month. I think the data drops to 2G after it runs out, but I haven't tested that yet. I used to have Xfinity/Verizon but they jacked up the cost, so I bailed. I haven't needed the VZ service yet, my TM coverage is awesome, but I like to experiment. I've been using the two services to figure out the IMS settings.

tl;dr T-Mobile + Verizon/Red Pocket $5 a month.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have built-in Verizon LTE in my car. It’s always broadcasting a WiFi signal while turned on so I essentially have a Verizon data connection whenever driving.

Feedback Score
    I have built-in Verizon LTE in my car. It’s always broadcasting a WiFi signal while turned on so I essentially have a Verizon data connection whenever driving.
    so, you always have Verizon tracking you whenever you're driving, selling your data to anyone who comes along.

And meekly handing it over to law enforcement on demand, without any questions.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Adam, not that you’re wrong, but how is that any different than having a phone in your pocket tracking you with every move you make?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast