Thread: T-Mobile Hotspot International Coverage

Feedback Score

T-Mobile Hotspot International Coverage

My wife and I will be going on a Caribbean cruise soon. Our ports of call are:

San Juan (Puerto Rico)

Oranjestad (Aruba)

Willemstad (Curaçao)

Castries (St. Lucia)

Basseterre (St. Kitts)

My mother-in-law has offered her T-Mobile hotspot. Will we have coverage in those places and what speeds are we likely to get?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    My wife and I will be going on a Caribbean cruise soon. Our ports of call are:

San Juan (Puerto Rico)

Oranjestad (Aruba)

Willemstad (Curaçao)

Castries (St. Lucia)

Basseterre (St. Kitts)

My mother-in-law has offered her T-Mobile hotspot. Will we have coverage in those places and what speeds are we likely to get?
    I know for a fact in Puerto Rico, it should work fine. Normal speeds etc. as this is a US Territory.

Now the other countries/islands, it may be roaming and that all depends on the roaming agreement/plan the hotspot has. More than likely it may work and may have some high fees based on amount of usage or simply it will not work at all.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I was in Puerto Rico last week and had a 5G-UC with five bars. I was staying in the San Juan (Old Town) Sheraton. I could touch the cruise ships from my window.

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    What I would suggest is getting a Google Fi SIM and putting it in the TMobile hotspot and buying a month of unlimited data which will get you 25 gigs for $65 that covers all ports. Fi is a TMobile MVNO and their SIMs tend to work in locked TMobile devices.

On Caribbean cruises, you often anchor just off the islands. The cruise ships save port fees that way. In the Virgin Islands, I saw them anchored in the cove where my Air BN'B condo was. In places like this, I'm sure that you'd have coverage. Now. It is crap-shoot as you go out to sea. I found at sea coverage in the Caribean pretty good, but hardly perfect. If you have a balcony in your cabin, I would think you would do better if you could mount it outside.