Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Red Pocket taking its own sweet time on FreedomPop

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
    I would be curious to know if anyone with an account currently can chime in. Because as long as you have the correct sim, it looks like you can get 1gb plan with premium voice for $10

https://www.unrealmobile.com/offers/...ice-5gb-banner

You can get 5gb here and downgrade to 1gb whenever
    I just did a chat with Unreal Mobile. According to the agent, the $10 1 GB plan has been discontinued for new activations. The $40 10 GB plan has also been discontinued. The current month to month plans are $20 3 GB and $30 5 GB. Both include premium voice.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    I just did a chat with Unreal Mobile. According to the agent, the $10 1 GB plan has been discontinued for new activations. The $40 10 GB plan has also been discontinued. The current month to month plans are $20 3 GB and $30 5 GB. Both include premium voice.
    So from Unreal Mobile to No Deal Mobile.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    So from Unreal Mobile to No Deal Mobile.
    Idk I feel like the 3gb plan is pretty decent for $15 a month if you prepay the year. It matches mint mobile but has way better coverage. 8gb plan for $240 a year beats ATTs own prepaid 8gb plan by $5 a month.
    Really wish they had a 1gb plan though at $10
    Maybe they will come good with rolling out native voice to FreedomPop and then we'll get really great deals

Feedback Score
    I just activated the FP LTE 3-in-1 sim I purchased last July. In the activation process, when it came down to selecting a phone number I was able to select a local number instead of the voip number given when activating the previous LTE sim. Unfortunately I won't be putting it in a device until June so I can't see if I will need to use their calling app or if it will use the phones native dialer.

LTE SIM Kit - 3-in-1 - Voice/Data Bundle & 12 Month Plan
    I did a reverse lookup and it shows owned by a person on white pages and on another site it shows the number is owned by bandwidth dot com. It's looking like it is voip. Darn

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, you can now select a local number, but still have to use the app for calling. The nice thing is you can try different locations close to you & find a number that is easy to remember. I recently activated on both the 1 & 5 gig plans & cannot make calls using the native dialer on either.

Feedback Score
    That's ok, I had originally bought it to use in a tablet. That's where it will be used instead of a phone. No loss on my part.

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    The 5 gig plan has been sold out for a couple weeks. Now I know why it took over a month to get mine.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Idk I feel like the 3gb plan is pretty decent for $15 a month if you prepay the year. It matches mint mobile but has way better coverage. 8gb plan for $240 a year beats ATTs own prepaid 8gb plan by $5 a month.
    Really wish they had a 1gb plan though at $10
    Maybe they will come good with rolling out native voice to FreedomPop and then we'll get really great deals
    I'm not sure why we'd expect them to offer native cellular voice along with "really great deals" on FreedomPop, when it took them just a couple of weeks to kill the low end plan on Unreal after offering cellular voice.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    I'm not sure why we'd expect them to offer native cellular voice along with "really great deals" on FreedomPop, when it took them just a couple of weeks to kill the low end plan on Unreal after offering cellular voice.
    This is exactly right. Everyone talking about native voice on FP needs to read and re-read the above quote.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by husavik View Post
    This is exactly right. Everyone talking about native voice on FP needs to read and re-read the above quote.
    Yes! So, I'll just repost:

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Agreed.

I'd be pretty upset if any negative changes happened to the current FP UT&T (VoIP) + 1GB/mo or 5GB/mo AT&T LTE annual prepaid offerings, especially when they are pretty regularly on sale for 20% to 30% off at Best Buy, Best Buy eBay, and Target!

I'd also be upset if my old free plans, currently with 200/500 (VoIP) + 250MB/mo (including 50MB/mo Freedom Friends) AT&T LTE were discontinued or changed in some negative way.

The only welcome change to the above would be if the change was to include native cellular voice and text.

But I don't see how that could be possible, because I'm actually shocked that what FP currently offers is even possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    This is exactly what I'm afraid of happening to FP. I want the 1GB/mo and 5GB/mo UT&T (VoIP) annual plans to remain UNCHANGED and still available at great sale prices like they are at Best Buy and Target.

Feedback Score

Because they explicitly said: We will not disrupt your current service. We’re planning no major changes to any existing plans. They did say they would add native voice and text.
    Any of that is subject to change if they choose, but there's not many ~$10 unlimited talk and text options with data. Only one I can think of is tello 1gb for $10 plus taxes and fees

And anything we say here probably won't sway what they do. I just want them to follow through on what they originally promised. New features on existing plans

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Because they explicitly said: We will not disrupt your current service. We’re planning no major changes to any existing plans. They did say they would add native voice and text.
    Any of that is subject to change if they choose, but there's not many ~$10 unlimited talk and text options with data. Only one I can think of is tello 1gb for $10 plus taxes and fees

And anything we say here probably won't sway what they do. I just want them to follow through on what they originally promised. New features on existing plans
    I think we all have a tendency to read with wishful thinking. I don't recall seeing any promises of new features on existing plans. What they promise on their website is:

"Red Pocket is excited to maintain the best of FreedomPop and mix in some added wonderfulness, including the *option* for native carrier voice, and soon service on more major networks!

"We will not disrupt your current service. We’re planning no major changes to any existing plans..."

The skeptic in me reads this as:

We'll grandfather your existing plan as is, with current pricing and features, as well as offer the option to add/switch to native voice/text and/or use different networks (with no explicit guarantee or offer that any of this will be at the current rate.)

Technically, they did this with Unreal. The current VoIP users still have their VoIP service at the original rate, retail (Best Buy/Target) SIM buyers get the old service and rate (while supplies last! ) but moving forward, it's becoming a more traditional Red Pocket style plan- native voice/text, albeit with slightly higher rates for new users or existing users requesting to upgrade.

Feedback Score
    I'm happy with Red Pocket not transitioning the FreedomPop AT&T LTE SIM's. Still have plenty of SIM's with free data. I thought it would have happened by now, but it would be great if this continued indefinitely.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4