Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Expired Phones

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    near Lake Michigan
    Posts
    1,429
    Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0

    Expired Phones

    I know this question has been asked and answered, but looking for certainty, if there is such a thing with tracfone. I made two seperate chat sessions and got two different answers. When time expires on a phone how soon must you add a card to save the remaining balances? Marlene told me thirty days while Chuck, 10 minutes later, told me Sixty days. Can someone here verify either answer? I did have transcripts of both sessions emailed to me but I doubt if a dispute were to come up an email of transcript would hold water.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,324
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    When time expires on a phone how soon must you add a card to save the remaining balances? Marlene told me thirty days while Chuck, 10 minutes later, told me Sixty days. Can someone here verify either answer?
    From Section 4 of Tracfone Terms & Conditions of Service , "Airtime which remained unused at the time of deactivation will still be available if Service is reactivated within sixty (60) days from the deactivation date, otherwise any unused airtime will be lost".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    near Lake Michigan
    Posts
    1,429
    Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanky thanky....knew I shoulda come here first!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    near Lake Michigan
    Posts
    1,429
    Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    I must acknowledge the obligatory Alex message telling me the same thing as Hpham said. I have to admit the guy actually makes an attempt at being helpful, more-so than the average under-trained csr!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    161
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    From Section 4 of Tracfone Terms & Conditions of Service , "Airtime which remained unused at the time of deactivation will still be available if Service is reactivated within sixty (60) days from the deactivation date, otherwise any unused airtime will be lost".
    I could be totally mistaken about this, but I seem to remember reading in a different thread here -- that once your service days are up, you lose your phone number immediately. In which case, does TF reinstate your unused airtime by giving you a new number? (Like I said, I could be totally mistaken about the losing-your-number-immediately part, because I totally respect hpham's knowledge of all things Tracfone)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,324
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jettable View Post
    I could be totally mistaken about this, but I seem to remember reading in a different thread here -- that once your service days are up, you lose your phone number immediately. In which case, does TF reinstate your unused airtime by giving you a new number?
    Once a phone expires, the phone number can be re-assigned quickly. When you re-activate within 60 days to reclaim the unused units, the phone will get a new phone number if the old one was already re-assigned to someone else.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    161
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Once a phone expires, the phone number can be re-assigned quickly. When you re-activate within 60 days to reclaim the unused units, the phone will get a new phone number if the old one was already re-assigned to someone else.
    Thanks hpham, that does clarify it for me!
    (and I'm glad I wasn't just mis-reading or imagining things)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,312
    Feedback Score
    0
    Historically, Verizon has tanked the phone number immediately, while AT&T and T-Mobile have let it hang around for a good long while.

    Also, if your number got lost during a botched operation, CS (corporate) could usually fish it back out from the AT&T and T-Mobile pool. But Verizon would not allow that.

    That's why I use AT&T. On a couple of occasions, CS has had to get my number back.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    near Lake Michigan
    Posts
    1,429
    Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Frankly the phone number didn't mean a thing to me. I got a lousy number when I activated,changed it twice,and still had an undesesirable one. Maybe my luck will change in 58 days...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    1,341
    Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    Frankly the phone number didn't mean a thing to me. I got a lousy number when I activated,changed it twice,and still had an undesesirable one. Maybe my luck will change in 58 days...
    Just text minc to 611611 until you get a better number.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    near Lake Michigan
    Posts
    1,429
    Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    I did that, twice. aybe when I reactivate I'll get a decent one . If not, try again.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    6,911
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    Frankly the phone number didn't mean a thing to me. I got a lousy number when I activated,changed it twice,and still had an undesesirable one. Maybe my luck will change in 58 days...
    What don't you like about the phone number?

Similar Threads

  1. Expired Phone
    By gmannix in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-12-2019, 08:32 PM
  2. Plans What do I do about my expiring phone plan?
    By Kaitlyn2004 in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2014, 10:01 AM
  3. Contract will expire, phone is paid for;
    By razorboy in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 05:54 AM
  4. New phones # when contract expire
    By maldini in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 10:10 PM
  5. It's official, games expire off your phone!
    By SpineDoc in forum Sprint
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-12-2002, 11:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks