Thread: Expired Phones

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Expired Phones

I know this question has been asked and answered, but looking for certainty, if there is such a thing with tracfone. I made two seperate chat sessions and got two different answers. When time expires on a phone how soon must you add a card to save the remaining balances? Marlene told me thirty days while Chuck, 10 minutes later, told me Sixty days. Can someone here verify either answer? I did have transcripts of both sessions emailed to me but I doubt if a dispute were to come up an email of transcript would hold water.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    When time expires on a phone how soon must you add a card to save the remaining balances? Marlene told me thirty days while Chuck, 10 minutes later, told me Sixty days. Can someone here verify either answer?
    From Section 4 of Tracfone Terms & Conditions of Service , "Airtime which remained unused at the time of deactivation will still be available if Service is reactivated within sixty (60) days from the deactivation date, otherwise any unused airtime will be lost".

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Thanky thanky....knew I shoulda come here first!

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I must acknowledge the obligatory Alex message telling me the same thing as Hpham said. I have to admit the guy actually makes an attempt at being helpful, more-so than the average under-trained csr!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    From Section 4 of Tracfone Terms & Conditions of Service , "Airtime which remained unused at the time of deactivation will still be available if Service is reactivated within sixty (60) days from the deactivation date, otherwise any unused airtime will be lost".
    I could be totally mistaken about this, but I seem to remember reading in a different thread here -- that once your service days are up, you lose your phone number immediately. In which case, does TF reinstate your unused airtime by giving you a new number? (Like I said, I could be totally mistaken about the losing-your-number-immediately part, because I totally respect hpham's knowledge of all things Tracfone)

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jettable View Post
    I could be totally mistaken about this, but I seem to remember reading in a different thread here -- that once your service days are up, you lose your phone number immediately. In which case, does TF reinstate your unused airtime by giving you a new number?
    Once a phone expires, the phone number can be re-assigned quickly. When you re-activate within 60 days to reclaim the unused units, the phone will get a new phone number if the old one was already re-assigned to someone else.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Once a phone expires, the phone number can be re-assigned quickly. When you re-activate within 60 days to reclaim the unused units, the phone will get a new phone number if the old one was already re-assigned to someone else.
    Thanks hpham, that does clarify it for me!
    (and I'm glad I wasn't just mis-reading or imagining things)

Feedback Score
    Historically, Verizon has tanked the phone number immediately, while AT&T and T-Mobile have let it hang around for a good long while.

Also, if your number got lost during a botched operation, CS (corporate) could usually fish it back out from the AT&T and T-Mobile pool. But Verizon would not allow that.

That's why I use AT&T. On a couple of occasions, CS has had to get my number back.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Frankly the phone number didn't mean a thing to me. I got a lousy number when I activated,changed it twice,and still had an undesesirable one. Maybe my luck will change in 58 days...

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Frankly the phone number didn't mean a thing to me. I got a lousy number when I activated,changed it twice,and still had an undesesirable one. Maybe my luck will change in 58 days...
    Just text minc to 611611 until you get a better number.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I did that, twice. aybe when I reactivate I'll get a decent one . If not, try again.

Feedback Score
    What don't you like about the phone number?