Thread: No 4GLte on my Moto E5

Feedback Score

No 4GLte on my Moto E5

When I click on Mobile Network, Advanced, in settings, there is no "enhanced 4G Lte Mode" on/off button option on the screen (someone posted a screenshot showing this a while back). Does this mean I have to call and have TF customer service "provision" my sim card? Since I just got the phone (HSN deal) I would think it should come ready to use LTE. Not that it really matters since I don't have cell service at home and mainly use the phone for internet while out on the road, but the reason I got the phone is because my old Moto cdma won't be good end of year. I have tried the 3 different network types and that doesn't make any difference. Or do I have to be in the range of a 4g tower for it to show?
    PS as an aside, in my zeal to wipe out all the junk the phone came with I disabled "Gboard", thinking it was something to do with games. Took me an hour of googling to learn that I had disabled the keyboard and that was why I could only use voice instead of typing anywhere. I hope I didn't mess anything else up.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Dial *#*#4636#*#* then press "Phone Info". Scroll down to "VoLTE Provisioned" & make sure it is turned on. Let us know what you find.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newbie celler View Post
    When I click on Mobile Network, Advanced, in settings, there is no "enhanced 4G Lte Mode" on/off button option on the screen (someone posted a screenshot showing this a while back). Does this mean I have to call and have TF customer service "provision" my sim card? Since I just got the phone (HSN deal) I would think it should come ready to use LTE. .
    Which network does your E5 use? Did you activate the phone properly or swap in a SIM from another phone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Which network does your E5 use? Did you activate the phone properly or swap in a SIM from another phone?
    No swapped SIM, I activated it using wifi at library, no problems, made a call later when I was in signal area. I think it used 3g or something like "1xrtt"; my old phone Moto switches between those two when I get near a signal. There are only Sprint towers anywhere nearby so I have always wondered how I get any signal with a VZ tracfone.
    I will try that tip calling *#*#4636#*#* next time I am out.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    No swapped SIM, I activated it using wifi at library, no problems, made a call later when I was in signal area. I think it used 3g or something like "1xrtt"....

I will try that tip calling *#*#4636#*#* next time I am out.
    Yes, 1xRTT is 3G. You can try the special string without having cell service. If it shows the phone and SIM are VoLTE-enabled, then there might not be VoLTE service in your area. Next time you have signal, try and see if Data uses LTE.
    Last edited by hpham; 01-18-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Feedback Score
    Holy cow! Who woulda thought you could do that? Thank you both, I am now 4G Lte Mode all set up! And I know where to go to set up video voice calling and a few other things as well.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Dial *#*#4636#*#* then press "Phone Info". Scroll down to "VoLTE Provisioned" & make sure it is turned on. Let us know what you find.
    Tried this on a mptpG4PLAY and didn't notice anything different. In fact when I went thru your procedure again, VoLTE was grayed out again. Also tried it on a motoE 4 smartphone and it wouldn't even accept the 'phone' number. Too many digits I suspect.
    I have tried this same procedure in Michigan and in Florida...no dice. I should add that the moto G4Play is a byop sim.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately the G4 Play is not VoLTE capable.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I tried to dial the number above on a LG G5 and it would not dial. Why not? Anybody?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kc classic View Post
    I tried to dial the number above on a LG G5 and it would not dial. Why not? Anybody?
    The *#*#4636#*#* test menu is a stock Android feature, but is locked out by some manufacturers. Motos often have it.

Feedback Score
    I am now 4G Lte Mode all set up! And I know where to go to set up video voice calling and a few other things as well.
    You will only get HD Calling, and only with others on Verizon that have it enabled. Video and WiFi calling are reserved for Verizon customers.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Verrrry interesting!! KC, I believe some phones just wont accept 12 digits(?). I don't know that I need VoLTE or HD. now or in the future. I have 3 moto phones in my family but verizon seems to be the choice of tracfone. Two of my moto phones have non removable batteries so I expect one day o go to verizon. Reception of both AT&T and verizon is exceptional in W Michigan.