Thread: status of IMEI for a slightly older faulty smartphone - should owner do anything for

Feedback Score

status of IMEI for a slightly older faulty smartphone - should owner do anything for

Title was to be "Status of IMEI for a slightly older faulty smartphone - should owner do anything for this IMEI number?"

If we have an automobile and then it goes out of use, something would have to be done for the VIN; right? Somebody needs to make a record somehow, or so I am guessing. In case automobile were stolen, the VIN is, I am guessing, important in this.

Comparing IMEI of smartphone to VIN of automobile, if I have a badly functioning smartphone, and cell service were not able to be restored, and I am the original owner, should anything be reported about the device's IMEI number? Tell the cell/mobile carrier anything? Tell the manufacturer anything? Just dump it in the trash, or give it to a recycler (the device, not the IMEI) and forget about it? Donate the device and let the recipients figure out how, if, when to do anything with or about the IMEI?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I am not 100% certain what you are asking. There is nothing you need to do in relation to an old IMEI on a phone that is no longer in use by you. The only tool that can be used for someone other than the device owner is to determine if the device has been blacklisted. Your personal information cannot be accessed from the IMEI. I hope that answers your question.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....