Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Transferring old minutes etc to new Tracfone w/minutes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DanCalling View Post
    Also, when I do have to make a long call, I use one of my 2 GV numbers off the PC via Chrome. Free, ya know.
    Would be better to use up some of those excessive call minutes using the cell network instead of GV on WiFi. Seems like you are using the computer as a hands free device, but that can be done on the phone too. I almost exclusively use the speakerphone, as mine on a Moto is good quality.

I used to have a balance buildup issue too, but the opposite. Using the talk minutes faster than the service time built up lots of service time. I don't even buy airtime cards anymore. There are options now to buy talk time and data inexpensively. As mentioned, even service time if you have a TF branded phone (I don't).

Feedback Score
    Use the TracFone chat service and have them verify your current balances before you transfer to the new unactivated phone.

This process removes the language barrier and transfer balance abuse ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Except it's not that way in real life.
    Couldn't agree more, unfortunatley.

Feedback Score
    Looks like you & I have the same phone! Thanks for the suggestion RE: the chat service.

Name:  tfbal.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  33.3 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    There are options now to buy talk time and data inexpensively. As mentioned, even service time if you have a TF branded phone (I don't).
    Yeah I had used Pinzoo before discovering the HSN deals, which are much cheaper. What are some options for just buying time?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    We're not saying what TF do is right. We're just telling you the ugly fact.
    Yeah, I get that. And it does reflect my previous experiences.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    It's totally Tracfone's fault. They are practically giving away phones and airtime and then punishing people who are just buying what's offered.
    Great reply & I totally agree. Obviously, HSN isn't losing $$$ on these sales; TF wholesaled the phones at a price which enabled this. I've also noted the HSN phones, while not really "obsolete," tend to be a little older. The Moto E5 I just bought was made 12/15/2018, and runs OS 8, with the most recent OS being 10, I believe. Works fine for me, but obviously they wouldn't be selling these for X, if there were hoards of buyers willing to pay 2X.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Basically Dan you've accumulated a huge balance by not using the phone(s) very often. Consequently, why fret about not getting the bonus on a new purchse. Best to take the expert advice given here and go on with life...
    You sound as though you may be my age, 72 1/2 +, so you probably wont live long enough to use the acuulation, anyway. I have about 9K split between a couple phones, but I don't know anyone 'smart enough' to use a obama/tracfone that I could bequeath them to. Maybe I'll have the phones cremated along with me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DanCalling View Post
    What are some options for just buying time?
    Talk time can be bought at $10 for 500 minutes, which is far cheaper than any airtime card. 1 year Service time can be bought for $50, but only with TF branded phones.

Feedback Score
    I think Tracfone seriously needs to start "Donate Your Balance" scheme :-)

Or it's possible that Tracfone is the smarter one here. They sell minutes/text/data, collect the money but they remain/go unused. It's like bank with balance that they are still liable for but at any time they have so much of it still with them as they just remain balances in their customer's account.

Feedback Score
    I got a private message from a TF rep saying they'd transfer all the old minutes etc., I'll check it out on Monday. Which is also when my 128 gig microSD is arriving for the phone. Hopefully all goes well, but I'll at least have a lot more room (16 vs 128) for music! Thanks for all the input, love this site. I'll post a follow up when all is settled!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    Basically Dan you've accumulated a huge balance by not using the phone(s) very often. Consequently, why fret about not getting the bonus on a new purchse. Best to take the expert advice given here and go on with life...
    You sound as though you may be my age, 72 1/2 +, so you probably wont live long enough to use the acuulation, anyway. I have about 9K split between a couple phones, but I don't know anyone 'smart enough' to use a obama/tracfone that I could bequeath them to. Maybe I'll have the phones cremated along with me.
    Not quite your age yet, but I know what you mean about fretting over junk that's not too important. I do tend to do that!

I am old enough to remember Mannix...

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I am old enough to remember Mannix... WHO??

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    I am old enough to remember Mannix... WHO??
    Uh, oh! Have you gotten so old that you've FORGOTTEN Mannix!?

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Mike Connors is MANNIX! I can hear the theme song and see the multi-split-screen opening credits! He looked like the Dean Martin of Private Detectives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXRCqjMri2Y

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast