Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Transferring old minutes etc to new Tracfone w/minutes

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
    Will do. Thank you.
    To play it safe you can use chat to get a written documentation of the airtime just before transferring online.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Will do. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    To play it safe you can use chat to get a written documentation of the airtime just before transferring online.
    I know I'm late to this party, but here are some of our tips: (in addition to the chat confirmation)
    • Send a BALANCE text to 611611 (1st on the active phone, before starting any transfer)
    • then on the new phone, after the transfer-activation is confirmed complete, to verify complete balances/dates
    • Be sure to follow any instructions for receiving bundled minutes AFTER the transfer is complete (this was an old step, but sometimes still necessary for some online bundle offers, check the fine print within the listing.)
    • Notes:
      • if it is same carrier (TF/Verizon to TF/Verizon), the activation could be done in minutes...
      • if it is a carrier change (i.e. TF/Verizon to TF/ATT), there is a delay (your account has to be ported across servers), hence the suggestion to use chat for *any* carrier transfers

(Our) Phone History At-a-Glance:
    '08-on Tracfone (Vz) using:
    1. '19- : Vzw on Moto E5 (with unl talk $30)
    2. '17-'19 : BYOP(Vzw) on UsC Moto E4 + LG Rebel 3
    3. '16-'17 : BYOP(Vzw) on HTC Desire 526
    4. '14-'16 : Huawei Glory H868C
    5. '12-'14 : LG800g
    6. '08-'12 : Motorola W376g
    '05-'08 Verizon & Sprint used: Moto Razr+LG Cosmos 2 & LG Optimus '05
    '03-'05 Alltel & Cingular
    '01 AT&T

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I did the Chat for my transfer. At the beginning I asked to confirm my balance and a ticket #.
    They replied with my talk/text/data but not service end date and no ticket #.
    I kept asking for them and then they went into asking me security questions.
    I asked to be passed to someone that can give service days and ticket # to me.
    While waiting I kept pressing original person for my service end date. They finally gave it to me and we proceeded without a supervisor.
    Not sure why that was such a hassle.
    I guess they don't have a ticket # until the end of the chat? and I did get it then.
    It's a CDMA to GSM transfer so I don't know if/when it will be done but hopefully all is well.

Update: Holy crap! It went through in less than an hour and all is well! Thanks for all the advice here.
    iPhone 7 Plus on Tracfone BYOP.
    I hate Apple. (I really miss Android)

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I did the Chat for my transfer. At the beginning I asked to confirm my balance and a ticket #.

It's a CDMA to GSM transfer so I don't know if/when it will be done but hopefully all is well.
    The ticket number is usually given out at the end of the chat.

Keep checking your old phone. When it stops having service (no calls, no texts), the porting has started. Power on the new phone and try making calls/texts. If you get a message from the new carrier that you have no balance, then the balance info hasn't been pushed out to their system yet.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    They replied with my talk/text/data but not service end date and no ticket #.
    I kept asking for them and then they went into asking me security questions.
    I asked to be passed to someone that can give service days and ticket # to me.
    While waiting I kept pressing original person for my service end date. They finally gave it to me and we proceeded without a supervisor.
    Not sure why that was such a hassle.
    I guess they don't have a ticket # until the end of the chat? and I did get it then.

Update: Holy crap! It went through in less than an hour and all is well! Thanks for all the advice here.
    Well done and Congrats! Another success story!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4