Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: T-Mobile 30 Day Test Drive Hotspot Test Results

Feedback Score
    This promotion is back. Also it works with Google fi SIM cards. I tested it with a unactivated Google fi SIM card and I get really slow but unlimited data 56 kilobits per second speeds.

https://www.tmonews.com/2020/07/t-mo...otspot-device/[/

T-Mobile is offering (again) their Test Drive [t-mobile.com] service.

Here is the info:

T-Mobile is amping one of its original Un-carrier movies — Test Drive — to give everyone a chance to try the Un-carrier's expanded LTE network and see how our newest, most powerful signal — 600 MHz Extended Range LTE — reaches further than ever before. With Test Drive, you can try T-Mobile's LTE network for up to 30 days for FREE — all with your own phone, phone number and apps.

To participate, sign up above and you'll receive a pocket-sized hotspot to connect to your current phone to experience a T-Mobile's best network yet. After 30-days or 30GB of data, whichever comes first, you can return the device to any T-Mobile store or pass it on to a friend.

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just got mine in, a Franklin R717 device.

Got about 3 mbps down/.60 mbps up.

Not as good as band locking to a certain ATT tower near by but acceptable for where I live in Appalachia I suppose.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Got one (Franklin T9) two days ago. Yesterday speeds were just below Verizon's, my current carrier. Played with the settings, turned off the 2.4ghz band and turned on 5ghz. Today, speeds were far above Verizon's, particularly on the upload side.

Service indoors is also much better than with Verizon. If this trend continues, I might be switching. I am in the Bay Area.

Quote Originally Posted by andben2 View Post
    I just got mine in, a Franklin R717 device.

Got about 3 mbps down/.60 mbps up.

Not as good as band locking to a certain ATT tower near by but acceptable for where I live in Appalachia I suppose.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcgore View Post
    Service indoors is also much better than with Verizon. If this trend continues, I might be switching. I am in the Bay Area.
    The plans are pretty pricey for these things on all carriers. Too expensive for much home use, and if using it mobile why not just hotspot off a phone?

https://www.androidauthority.com/mob...-plans-791297/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    The plans are pretty pricey for these things on all carriers. Too expensive for much home use, and if using it mobile why not just hotspot off a phone?

If people are Comcast customers there is free WiFi hotspots from Xfinity. Also if you qualify for income wise check out PC's for people. The hotspot device costs $80 but service is $15 for unlimited data.

I also remember at&t used to have that car connect & iPad plans that offered cheap unlimited data. But you were right about just using your phone as a hotspot. With my TMO magenta plan I get 3gb of hotspot and I also have the option to upgrade to 10gb extra hotspot for $10 or 20 gb total hotspot for $15 extra. Then after that it reverts to unlimited 3g 600 kilobits per second.

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post

The point of this so you can test the network before leaving your current carrier not to sell hotspot service

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2