Thread: personal telephone-numbers history - is this important?

Feedback Score

personal telephone-numbers history - is this important?

Because most telephone numbers someone has had in the past are unimportant. Those are either disconnected or became assigned to someone else; and possibly were assigned to someone-elses many times. Only a person's CURRENT telephone number should be important, regardless of it being landline or cellular. I may be wrong about this but I do not know. The question here is, Is a person's telephone-number history important?

Also think about how some people might go through personal cell phone lines. One day person gets a new cell phone and starts with cell service (maybe with some major carrier). He might use it for personal and employment life, but one single cell number. A few months or few years later, new cell phone number with new carrier because some feature or price advantage. Several years down the line he is not happy with some changes the carrier has made, and jumps out for a different carrier, the porting of number did not work, and so now he gets activation with yet another NEW cell pone number. So this person has gone through FOUR different telephone numbers. Long lasting home landline, obsolete cell number 1, obsolete cell number 2, and currently active cell number.

Now, does this person ever need to give a listing of all telephone numbers he used in his whole life, even if now he has forgotten the obsolete ones?

Device(s)
    i576, i355, i700+
    Carrier(s)
    MiKE
    Feedback Score
    I once had to provide a list like this for a security clearance. This included numbers for which I was not the named subscriber (parents, roommates, employers etc.).

Feedback Score
    bmccull, that's scary. I myself and would also think that most people (1) would not remember them all , and (2) would have no kept record of them all.

I would imagine that if some people like testing-out new mobile services like to see how each works and decide which to choose, then they might go through 3 or 4 NEW cellular numbers. Once the older ones are done, only the new CURRENT cell number would be remembered; what the person had six months ago or a year ago - cannot remember; no record.

So would you have not been allowed your clearance if there was some telephone number from five to ten years or fifteen years ago which you could not remember?

In fact, my parents arranged for a cellular telephone account but very rarely used their (one) cell phone, and they NEVER remembered the cell phone number!

Device(s)
    i576, i355, i700+
    Carrier(s)
    MiKE
    Feedback Score
    It might have been a test of my powers of recall or it might be just to line up events or something else I can’t imagine. My idea of numbers I had used might vary from theirs. I did my best but probably missed one or more. Whatever, I got the security clearance!