Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Up and Running on Ting Verizon Beta

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    Correct. VoLTE but not WiFi calling. I would love to have it but what can one expect for $12.68 per month.

I've never tried turning off VoLTE to see if it will fall back to 1xrtt or?? I do know if my phone doesn't show 4GLTE I can't make a phone call nor am I able to send or receive text messages.

VVM works just fine. I don't use any of the other Verizon apps. For messaging I use Google messages as the I have problems with stock Samsung messaging app sending and receiving MMS.
    Thanks for the information! It sounds as the Red Pocket Verizon side does not include non-LTE voice either.
    That is interesting that you do have Visual Voicemail.

Feedback Score
    Correct. VoLTE but not WiFi calling. I would love to have it but what can one expect for $12.68 per month.

I've never tried turning off VoLTE to see if it will fall back to 1xrtt or?? I do know if my phone doesn't show 4GLTE I can't make a phone call nor am I able to send or receive text messages.

VVM works just fine. I don't use any of the other Verizon apps. For messaging I use Google messages as the I have problems with stock Samsung messaging app sending and receiving MMS.
    Thanks for the information! It sounds as the Red Pocket Verizon side does not include non-LTE voice fallback either.
    That is interesting that you do have Visual Voicemail working.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Red pocket has non lte cdma fallback, but it might be very phone dependant in how it's configured and how it operates in my limited experience. My phone is a little quirky on its handling of cdma as it's not officially supported by Verizon.

I've configured my phone with the preferred network as for lte only(no fallback-when in a no lte area, will have no bars) and as lte/cdms/umts(will fall back-phone will occasionally display 4g, 3g and 1x).

Mostly I am in NYC and areas with strong lte so my phone rarely falls back. I did a stint in Southern Vermont with very poor Verizon LTE and even the CDMA was barely usable.

From what I understand about Visible, they have no fall back to 3g by design. How they achieve that, I don't know. Maybe it something related to the small lineup of phones they support. Maybe there's backend programming.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by ShredFred; 01-15-2020 at 09:34 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    Red pocket has non lte cdma fallback, but it might be very phone dependant in how it's configured and how it operates in my limited experience.
    Just for information purposes. My Verizon branded S8+ on Redpocket using their CDMA SIM shows no options for UMTS or CDMA. Only LTE/3G/2G variations.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I don't have a preferred network item in my mobile settings section, I think I have it in my Motorola G4 though.

So I had to access a hidden phone menu by dialing *#*#4636# *#*

This works on some phones but not all. Worked on my Leeco Le Pro3 and Orbic Wonder.

Like I said inconsistent and very phone specific.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by ShredFred; 01-16-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Feedback Score
    Just for information purposes. My Verizon branded S8+ on Redpocket using their CDMA SIM shows no options for UMTS or CDMA. Only LTE/3G/2G variations.
    My Sprint-branded S8+ (unlocked and byod-mvno-sim-migrated to Verizon configuration) is exactly the same. This is pretty strange.

Moreover, it looks as if it tries to use GSM for voice when I do select 3G/2G or 2G because SignalCheck+ shows TMobile signals in that case. But it does not succeed in connecting to those for either voice or data.

So since this behavior is the same on two different Verizon MVNO's, presumably it is just another incomplete implementation by Verizon for its MVNO's. Maybe they will figure out what they are trying to do here and fully implement it one day.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    My Sprint-branded S8+ (unlocked and byod-mvno-sim-migrated to Verizon configuration) is exactly the same. This is pretty strange.
    You probably already know this. The Samsung S8 series, when unlocked, takes on the profile (??) of the inserted SIM. E.g a Verizon based SIM loads the Verizon firmware regardless of the phones original branding. Download Samsung info from Google Play and flip to the CSC code panel. It will show the original CSC, (in my case blank) Firmware's CSC (XAA in my case) and the active CSC (VZW) In that light it doesn't appear strange to me. To the phone it's as if you bought it directly from Verizon.

My Other S8+ show similar results. (Samsung itself shows both of my phone's imei's as Verizon)

Feedback Score
    You probably already know this. The Samsung S8 series, when unlocked, takes on the profile (??) of the inserted SIM. E.g a Verizon based SIM loads the Verizon firmware regardless of the phones original branding. Download Samsung info from Google Play and flip to the CSC code panel. It will show the original CSC, (in my case blank) Firmware's CSC (XAA in my case) and the active CSC (VZW) In that light it doesn't appear strange to me. To the phone it's as if you bought it directly from Verizon.

My Other S8+ show similar results. (Samsung itself shows both of my phone's imei's as Verizon)
    Oh I definitely know that - that is what I have been relying on in this whole exercise. My phone was Sprint branded and the sim-triggered switching to VZW branding is finally working overall for even an Verizon MVNO sim after having not worked for a long time.

As I posted, now it shows as VZW/XAA/SPR . With a real Sprint postpaid sim it is VZW/VZW/SPR.

I am not saying it is strange that it works.

What I am saying is strange (or more accurately a bug) is that there is no working support for CDMA fallback from LTE. And no working support for CDMA Voice fallback if VoLTE is turned off. Even though we do not have the full VZW/VZW level of support with
    VZW/XAA, we should still have a inherent set of features.

We get a watered down version of Verizon support but it still should be a coherent version.
    Last edited by comintel; 01-17-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2