Thread: how do the cellular service brokers work?

Feedback Score

how do the cellular service brokers work?

How exactly do the cellular services broker stores work? Are they trying to make profit both by selling devices and selling airtime plans? Do they make something of a contract-like situation with the customers for both the device and or also the selling of airtime services (the allotment of talk, text, data)?

What I mean by these "Brokers" is those brick-n-morter stores which sell devices and services for several different mobile virtual network operators all in one brick-n-morter store.

I am trying to understand how to use one for how to put my purchase of a device or where to purchase it, and where or how I must pay for cellular service and change plan types, and if I would be allowed to sometimes pay for service at the store and other times pay for service online to the carrier to which I subscribe. Activations? New lines? Maintaining same line or lines?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score

how do the cellular service brokers work?

If your wanting to finance a phone that’s not direct through a carrier it’s a big No no. Most cases one would pay say $1500 for a $600 phone as an example. They used 3rd party services when it comes to that and has nothing to do with the service or the store. It’s like a high interest credit card that drafts out of your bank is all it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    You'll be hard pressed to have any advantage at a Mom & Pop Bodega type store. If you want an expensive phone as stated it'll be double the price or more at a M&P Bodega if available at all.

You talked about switching services, payment options etc. If available at a M&P it'll just end up problematic.

You're better off deciding beforehand what you'll settle for. With all your concerns: phone, service (T,T,D), carrier(s), price points, methods of payments etc. etc.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 1GB exp 02.12.20
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20