Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: VoLTE with iPhone SE not working on TFW/Verizon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RandySea View Post
    If it were the $15 LG refurbished phone, I wouldn't mind binning it. But I won't do that with our two SE phones. Nor will I buy new, larger and more expensive iPhones. We both like our SE phones! I won't get ahead of the unfolding story by imagining the excuses the "Miami engineers" may give me tomorrow (or later) for why there's nothing they can do. I'll just hope for a miracle.
    see this here post #12 - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...racfone-phones

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    That thread was started by TacoDan, who has posted in this thread, too.

I tried his SIM swap approach, as noted a couple of posts back. It seemed to work, but it really didn't. The problem is in the TFW system. The solution is finding someone at TFW who can fix it. That will not be easy

Feedback Score

VoLTE issue

As previously noted awhile back I have tried to get VoLTE activated on my BYOP unlocked iphone7 with CDMA.
    I was given numerous reasons why I couldn't and also told I had it.
    I wrote a letter to the Executive resolution Department and so far the response has been typical TFW NONE.

Now some possible useful information. I took hpham's suggestion and transferred my carrier from verizon to AT&T.
    I now can enable LTE and while on call to my landline I can also browse the web.I noticed the call went from LTE to 3G
    the minute I called but everything worked .
    The only reason I will attempt to transfer back to Verizon is AT&T coverage is terrible when I go out of town.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcoman View Post

Now some possible useful information. I took hpham's suggestion and transferred my carrier from verizon to AT&T.
    I now can enable LTE and while on call to my landline I can also browse the web.I noticed the call went from LTE to 3G
    the minute I called but everything worked .
    The only reason I will attempt to transfer back to Verizon is AT&T coverage is terrible when I go out of town.
    Isn't that how AT&T network, pre VoLTE, has worked for a number of years?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Now some possible useful information. I took hpham's suggestion and transferred my carrier from verizon to AT&T. I now can enable LTE and while on call to my landline I can also browse the web.I noticed the call went from LTE to 3G the minute I called but everything worked.
    AT&T has not enabled VoLTE for Tracfone customers yet. According to member loboheeler, AT&T uses HSPA+ which allows Data to be used while a call is in progress, but it's not VoLTE. The VoLTE test that I've posted is only valid for a phone that uses TF/Verizon service.

HSPA vs LTE .

Feedback Score
    I don't know this is my first time with AT&T .I'm just trying to keep my phone capable of making calls. I will at some point attempt to go back to
    verizon as previously stated AT&T coverage is not good in remote areas. My friends with contract AT&T always have to use my phone when I
    had verizon.

Feedback Score
    As previously noted awhile back I have tried to get VoLTE activated on my BYOP unlocked iphone7 with CDMA.
    . . ..
    If TFW will not fix this, my only option if I want to keep using my SE is to pay a LOT more to Verizon. My home area has poor AT&T coverage and very good Verizon coverage.

Feedback Score
    My only concern with this whole mess is to be able to make calls from remote areas after verizon shuts down 3G.

Feedback Score
    My only concern with this whole mess is to be able to make calls from remote areas after verizon shuts down 3G.
    Ditto.

I live in what you might call a "remote area."

Feedback Score
    Lucky you. I only get to go to Hells Canyon on the Snake River in Oregon a couple times a year.
    Concerning the sim swap I did with AT&T ,hpham suggested swapping back with the original verizon sim I had but if this problem is the sim being old I'm leaning toward using the verizon sim that came with at&t and t-mobile sims.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    hpham suggested swapping back with the original verizon sim I had but if this problem is the sim being old I'm leaning toward using the verizon sim that came with at&t and t-mobile sims.
    The age of the SIM is not a factor; it's when it was activated that matters. A TF/Verizon SIM (came with a TF-branded phone or BYOP SIM) activated prior to mid-2018 typically didn't have VoLTE provisioned. When/if you transfer service back to your old SIM, it's considered a "new" activation and will have VoLTE provisioned. You can also use the Verizon SIM that came in a new kit if doing so gives you peace of mind.

Feedback Score
    Perhaps, if the phone was purchased directly from Apple, they have some sort of sway over it. The phone might have some sort of link with Apple that is causing interference. It might approve of the main carriers that are its bread and butter, but disapprove of MVNOs. Unless the MVNOs have a special line of phones. Don't know, but Apple does tend to be controlling.

Feedback Score
    Along the lines of what lisme just said about Apple's controlling behavior: Perhaps the "Activation Lock" that accompanies an iphone's account on iCloud, specifically when its "Find My iPhone" feature has been enabled, could block some changes to the phone and its cellular network settings. If you speak to the right genius at an Apple Store (or on the phone) you may get an answer to that question. My own iPhone SE has an IMEI that Page Plus reports as compatible (unlike your otherwise identical model) and it is NOT yet locked, since I have avoided setting up anything on iCloud so far. So if this factor were found to be the missing link, all you need to do is temporarily undo any of the protections offered by iCloud and THEN see if the new SIM, along with a reset of your service settings at TFW, does the trick.

I'm still looking forward to what TFW has to say about your iPhone's "incompatibility" and what they can fix. But the outlook is already somewhat better in that your recent test found that you WILL be able to continue using the iPhone model (SE) that you like and no longer be impacted adversely when the network finally changes to VoLTE-only. Also, your calls to other HD-Voice phones will sound better than voice calls used to sound, so you have even gained something. If all efforts fail to give you the promised ability to browse while on a call, consider the fact that your iPhone didn't have that before anyway

In the next week or so, I will accomplish either the same half-way results on Page Plus that you appear to be getting on TFW, or full-featured VoLTE if I am lucky. Either way, we will be no worse off than before these network changes came along - slightly better, if anything. Having said that, the mysterious incompatibility issue must be annoying and the uncertainty about your future service has been stressful. All the carriers should really be more knowledgeable about this thing they started and not expect their customers to know (or do) more about it at our end than we should have to.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevi View Post
    But the outlook is already somewhat better in that your recent test found that you WILL be able to continue using the iPhone model (SE) that you like and no longer be impacted adversely when the network finally changes to VoLTE-only. Also, your calls to other HD-Voice phones will sound better than voice calls used to sound, so you have even gained something. If all efforts fail to give you the promised ability to browse while on a call, consider the fact that your iPhone didn't have that before anyway.
    I'm confused by what you said. The OP still hasn't been able to get his iPhone SE to work on VoLTE. If TF can't resolve the issue, his iPhone SE will be impacted when the VZW network changes to VoLTE-only (i.e no calls will go through).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I'm confused by what you said. The OP still hasn't been able to get his iPhone SE to work on VoLTE. If TF can't resolve the issue, his iPhone SE will be impacted when the VZW network changes to VoLTE-only (i.e no calls will go through).
    That is correct.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast