Thread: Just ordered a new Moto E5

Feedback Score

Just ordered a new Moto E5

https://www.hsn.com/products/motorol...-1500-/9389183 Tracfone with 1500 minutes, 1500 texts and 1500MB data + 365 days of service, pretty decent for $66.52, delivered. It runs OS 8.1 "Oreo." Been using Android for awhile, latest OS was 6.0. Not crazy about all the junk they come packed with (apps), if anyone has any tips on getting rid of as much of that as possible, I'd love to hear them. One thing that has always driven me nuts is the MP3 player, which I use a lot, and which on previous OS's did this infuriating crap where it automatically turns down the volume any time you run Bluetooth or a headset, warning you that "high volume can hurt your hearing," like every user is under the age of 8, and refuses to let you set the level to YOUR preference until you tell it "OK." There's never the "DON'T BUG ME AGAIN!" option, which it DOES after about another 20 hours of playing. Anyone know if OS 8.1 still does this s***? I only rarely use a headset, but the Bluetooth warning kicks in when I connect it to my car's audio, and the cable connection does it when playing through PC speakers.

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    I got a $20 a few months ago for new HSN customer discount.......
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DanCalling View Post
    https://www.hsn.com/products/motorol...-1500-/9389183 Tracfone with 1500 minutes, 1500 texts and 1500MB data + 365 days of service, pretty decent for $66.52, delivered. It runs OS 8.1 "Oreo." Been using Android for awhile, latest OS was 6.0. Not crazy about all the junk they come packed with (apps), if anyone has any tips on getting rid of as much of that as possible, I'd love to hear them. One thing that has always driven me nuts is the MP3 player, which I use a lot, and which on previous OS's did this infuriating crap where it automatically turns down the volume any time you run Bluetooth or a headset, warning you that "high volume can hurt your hearing," like every user is under the age of 8, and refuses to let you set the level to YOUR preference until you tell it "OK." There's never the "DON'T BUG ME AGAIN!" option, which it DOES after about another 20 hours of playing. Anyone know if OS 8.1 still does this s***? I only rarely use a headset, but the Bluetooth warning kicks in when I connect it to my car's audio, and the cable connection does it when playing through PC speakers.
    I got one of those during the week after Thanksgiving special for first time HSN customers for $30. Nice phone and bundled service for $30 or $67.

It does not have a lot of junk apps compared to some other phones I have bought. The AT&T prepaid phones were the worst. Some of the apps can be uninstalled. Some can only be disabled. As a 16 GB storage phone, there is room for a good number of added apps. With the OS and my apps, less some that I uninstalled, there is 8 GB free. That would not be enough for much of a music collection. Micro SD cards are cheap - ~$13 for a 128 GB.

The only music player that comes with it is Google Play Music (ick). It did warn about turning up the volume, but the message went away as I continued turning up the volume without having to touch ok. No idea if/when it would nag again.

Feedback Score
    Wow those 1st time buyer prices are a steal! I've been getting TF's at HSN for years, so I didn't qualify. HSN has the best TF deals I've found to date.