Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Just got email about being forced to Boost

Feedback Score
    I logged into my account and I'm not happy. I put $80 in my VM account in Nov 2019 and should be paid up through Nov 2020 -- but Boost says my funds will expire on 5/25. I did use some of my VM funds to buy a phone right before the switch over so I only have about $15 in my account now. Hopefully I can get this corrected with a chat!

I know others are talking about using their balance to pay for service, but I'm not sure how that can work since the funds actually expire with Boost -- unlike VM where the funds never expired.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    bcm00re, I hope your online chat gets it resolved to your satisfaction but remember that plans, features and policies can change when transferring service (voluntary or involuntary) to another provider.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    I would like some clarity on this whole funds expire thing. Is it like on VM and it means that's when you need to add money to the balance? Or does that balance actually disappear on that date whether or not you add money? Cause yeah, the latter is not acceptable, and that's when I become a former Boost customer.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    You should contact Boost Mobile customer service for the answer. I can't give you a satisfactory answer because I don't know and neither does the HOFO community at this point.

Feedback Score
    For those of you who just use your fone for occasional calls (no data), TruPhone would be better suited for you. This is GSM.

You pay $30 upfront - $15 is for the SIM card, $15 remains as your credit.

Balance never expires. You must have some activity ( make/receive call/txt it use data) every 30 days.

In the USA:
    Incoming calls and texts are free
    Outgoing calls texts - 9˘/min or txt
    Data - 9˘/mb

Feedback Score
    Update: A rep told me that adding $1 every 90 days is enough to keep my account active. But now I just got this email that I used to get at the first of every month from VM: (I really wish I'd paid down my balance and bought some phones from VM while I still could have.)

Please note that your Boost pay-as-you-go account cash balance cannot have a balance of $400 or more. To ensure your account remains active, once your account balance reaches $379.99 or greater we will deduct $20 for your pay-as-you-go plan payment.

Feedback Score
    Wow, if we really only have to deposit $1 every 90 days to keep it active then I'll actually be okay with this change after all! I sure hope that is true.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4