Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Just got email about being forced to Boost

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzytoo View Post
    It came with a sim pin, which I have no idea what it's for.
    The pin tool is to release the external SIM tray in non removable battery phones. Same size as a paper clip. The external trays make access a lot easier than the internal SIM slots were.

Feedback Score
    Update: I bought a phone (Moto g7) on Jan 24 using my balance. It came in plain packaging. After I fired it up (skipping the activation part, but I linked to wifi and gmail login) I noticed it has Boost software on it.
    Where did it say Boost?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcm00re View Post
    Where did it say Boost?
    It has the My Boost icon on the home screen. I haven't clicked on it. It also seems to be checking in with the Sprint client something something. (Sorry, I'm not a heavy user. This is my third time using my balance to have a wifi-only device to keep in my purse to kill time in waiting rooms. )

I tried to get another phone on Tuesday and Virgin Mobile rep told me they were no longer allowed to process orders for phones using cash balance as payment.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Update: I bought a phone (Moto g7) on Jan 24 using my balance. It came in plain packaging. After I fired it up (skipping the activation part, but I linked to wifi and gmail login) I noticed it has Boost software on it.

It came with a sim pin, which I have no idea what it's for.
    If the pin is a six digit code, it's just to unlock the SIM if you get playing in odd security features to "unlock" the SIM for use (I used to have one on my flip phones back in the day, so if someone swapped my SIM it would ask for the PIN upon boot - my sister used to love to steal my SIM card when she used "her" minutes on the family plan for the month sometimes haha)
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Feedback Score
    Today (2/21) we both got emails saying our accounts will be auto-transferred between Feb 23 and 26. There is zero new information about what the minimum charges will be.
    1. No action is required from you.
    No need to do anything. Just sit back and keep making payments to your Virgin Mobile account until we transfer your account to Boost Mobile.
    2. We’ll notify you when your account has transferred.
    You will receive an email notice from Boost Mobile when your account is switched over.

We’ve Made it Easy
    You'll keep your existing phone and phone number.
    Existing payment method or AutoPay* with credit/debit card on file will also auto-transfer to avoid service interruption.
    VMU Replenishment PINs can be redeemed on your new Boost Mobile account.
    Existing phone insurance will also carry over to your new Boost Mobile account.
    *AutoPay: If you are currently enrolled in AutoPay with a debit or credit card, Virgin Mobile will automatically transfer it to your new Boost Mobile billing account to prevent your services from being interrupted. PayPal accounts will not be supported on your new Boost Mobile account. Boost Mobile also does not accept 45/90 Day Top Up Payment Option for service payments. Customers enrolled in PayPal or 45/90 Day Top Up Payment Option will need to re-establish payment option using a major credit/debit card prior to transition in order to avoid service interruption. You may choose to un-enroll your Virgin Mobile account from AutoPay by visiting https://www.virginmobileusa.com/login prior to migration to Boost. If you no longer want to be on AutoPay after the migration, or need to change cards, you can visit http://myaccount.boostmobile.com/sign-in and access your account using the first four digits of your current Virgin Mobile PIN.

Feedback Score
    Today (2/21) we both got emails saying our accounts will be auto-transferred between Feb 23 and 26. There is zero new information about what the minimum charges will be.
    I got the same email. It is BS that they won't tell us about the Boost service. I should be paid up to have service (at 20cents minute) until mid-November 2020, but who knows if Boost will honor that!?!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Don't forget that if you aren't happy with the pending change, you can transfer your service to a different MVNO/Pre-paid carrier without worrying about a contract penalty.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    LOL, no one with old PayLo plans is under contract!

Feedback Score
    I got the same email. It is BS that they won't tell us about the Boost service. I should be paid up to have service (at 20cents minute) until mid-November 2020, but who knows if Boost will honor that!?
    This is only Stage 1. Then the transfer of Boost from Sprint to Dish, which is a much bigger change. Have not seen much
    on that aspect of the T-Mo/Sprint merger.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    LOL, no one with old PayLo plans is under contract!
    And that was the point of my reply.

Device(s)
    Samsung Stripe
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile To Go
    Feedback Score
    I also received the email my account will be converted between the 23 and 26. We currently have the 18cents per minute plan that is good until april before i need to add money. i am also confused on what will happen these types of plans.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Details will follow, nobody is certain what will happen yet.

Device(s)
    Switch_Back
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    I got the same email and I use a PayLo card to add money every three months.
    Tomorrow I'll go to the store and see if they accept the PayLo card

the suspense is like watching a Hitchcock film!!!
    but not as fun
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. -- Edward R. Murrow

Feedback Score
    My friends Virgin Mobile $35 5GB plan transferred to Boost and now is $35 6GB.

Feedback Score
    Just tried to login at Virgin, failed, but was able to log in to Boost. Both accounts. No email yet.
    The balance and old rate structure (one is 18 cents a minute, the other the even older 25/10 Minute2Minute plan) both transferred over. The balance says funds expire 5/25. The FAQs say you must add money every 90 days, without saying if that's $10 or $20 or what. Earlier info had said you can use the balance to pay which if true will make me very happy.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast