Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone verizon iPhone 6s Volte

Feedback Score
    Verizon has a rule that a SIM must be paired with an IMEI (that is approved by Verizon) at the initial activation.

After that, once the SIM is active, you can "SIM swap", put the SIM into another phone.

When the phone communicates with the tower, Verizon can tell that there is a mismatch, but it is usually tolerated.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RandySea View Post
    Ok, please let me be sure I understand this idea. hpham, you already know my situation and what I've tried from another thread.

I have my new LG with a new assigned phone number. It shows VoLTE working. I call Tracfone and ask for my main phone #, the one I use on my iPhone SE, to be transferred to the LG.

Next, I take that brand new, clean SIM that Tracfone sent me and put it into the SE. I call Tracfone again and ask for my main number to be transferred from the LG to the SE. Maybe I don't even mention to the TFW CS rep that the SE had that phone number just a few hours or the day before. Is that it?
    With the latest finding in the other thread that putting the LG's VoLTE-provisioned SIM into your iPhone SE still didn't get it to make calls using VoLTE, I don't think transferring/activating a new SIM will accomplish anything. Furthermore, transferring service from your iPhone SE to the LG will wipe out the LG's current balance and days. I think you should keep it "as is" for testing.

Feedback Score

Tracfone branded iphone7

Has anyone purchased an TF branded iphone7. If so can you activate VoLTE?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcoman View Post
    Has anyone purchased an TF branded iphone7. If so can you activate VoLTE?
    A friend recently bought a new 6s Plus from Tracfone. When I looked at his settings last night, it showed "LTE, VoLTE On".

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RandySea View Post
    A friend recently bought a new 6s Plus from Tracfone. When I looked at his settings last night, it showed "LTE, VoLTE On".
    Are calls using VoLTE on his phone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Are calls using VoLTE on his phone?
    I only tried once, and it did allow simultaneous voice and data.

To anyone who just tuned in, to test your own phone for simultaneous voice and data (meaning VoLTE), make sure you turn off wifi before you do the test.

Feedback Score
    Well after 1-1/2 hours with TF CS I finally have VoLTE on my BYOP iphone7.
    Yesterday I went to TF's website and brought up the page showing the TF branded iphone7. I decided to submit a review of the phone saying beware if you need VoLTE. I really didn't expect them to post it but they did and I got a response giving me a web address to contact them.
    I entered it and got the usual TF chat. It took quite awhile of back and forth but as I educated the agent she finally got it and took care of it.
    To start she said the phone wasn't registered as a VoLTE capable phone to which I replied well then register it properly.She said I would need a new SIM to which I responded I just activated a new one on the 17th of this month. Oh she said I'm sorry I didn't figure this out earlier and after deactivating and reactivating the problem is solved.I told her she now has superstar status among her peers.

Feedback Score
    That is great news, arcoman. Tomorrow I'll make my attempt with my SE and brand new SIM. I'd do it today, but I only have two hours before I'm going out. That is way too little!

Feedback Score
    Here's my (non)result after an hour and a half on the phone. I had an intermediate step before I got to the CBD (Corporate Billing Dept.)

At the intermediate level, they could see my phone not registered as VoLTE compatible but the way to change that was "grayed out." The CS agent said that CBD would be the department that could help, maybe. Once I had a CBD agent, I put in the new SIM that TFW had sent me recently. He activated it. Still no VoLTE. Multiple reboots, reset network settings, etc.

In the end, here's what the CBD agent said:
    Yes my iPhone SE is VoLTE compatible. The problem is that it was originally provisioned (first activation) with a non-VoLTE compatible SIM card. That's how my phone appears in the TFW system.
    No, the new SIM card that TFW sent me is not VoLTE compatible --- because it was created to duplicate my old SIM card exactly.
    No, they cannot send my a new SIM card that is essentially blank.
    Solution supposedly is to buy a new BYOP SIM card from a store, eBay, Amazon, etc. That SIM will be activated on my SE with VoLTE enabled, unfettered by the old SIM card. I can keep my phone number and minutes.

I ordered a BYOP SIM for Amazon for $1. I'll have it Monday. Supposedly any TFW person can activate it and VoLTE will automatically work.

I'll report back next week.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    If you don't want to wait, buy the SIM Kit at Best Buy, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree for $1.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    What they did today did not de-activate the SE and break the linkage in the Tracfone system. I would be surprised if you get VoLTE without the SE being de-activated and then re-activated.
    Is the same CBD agent going to assist you with the Amazon ordered SIM? A different CSR will likely recreate the same linked mess you have now.
    Anyway, good luck, I hope I`m wrong, you`ve faced enough frustration already.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If you don't want to wait, buy the SIM Kit at Best Buy, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree for $1.
    Yeah, but it would be 10 hours r/t, over two very snowy mountain passes each way, to get to any one of those stores!

I'm happy to wait for the Big Brown Truck to come to my door. My phone does both voice and data, only not at the same time. So there is no urgency.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    What they did today did not de-activate the SE and break the linkage in the Tracfone system. I would be surprised if you get VoLTE without the SE being de-activated and then re-activated.
    Is the same CBD agent going to assist you with the Amazon ordered SIM? A different CSR will likely recreate the same linked mess you have now.
    Anyway, good luck, I hope I`m wrong, you`ve faced enough frustration already.
    No way to get the same CBD agent again. Anyway, he insisted there was no way to de-activate or de-register my phone. What I need is to find your person who did figure out how to do that!

Feedback Score
    I have an iPhone 6s on N-10 VZ, sim activated this month. Under settings}cellular}enable LTE} I have a check mark next to voice & data. I turned off wi-fi, made a call and simultaneously was able to access a website. Does that mean I have volte activated?

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    My apologies, found answer on apple support page. What I described is volte enabled.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast