Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone verizon iPhone 6s Volte

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    If you go through any of the forums seems iPhones are the majority of the quirky unresolvable issues.
    While there are some specific issues with iPhones, the forum visibility is that more people are using them as older models became more affordable. The VoLTE problems are not really phone specific, but a network provisioning issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Thankfully I don't own any Apple products and don't have to deal with their peculiarities.
    No, I would not use Apple products either, but a lot of people do. The iPhone use in the US is something like 45%. Far less in other parts of the world.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    While there are some specific issues with iPhones, the forum visibility is that more people are using them as older models became more affordable. The VoLTE problems are not really phone specific, but a network provisioning issue.
    That's true. The market share plays into it. Here's a stat I found. But this old dog will stick with android.

Mobile Operating System Market Share in United States Of America - December 2019
    iOS 55.56%
    Android 44.27%
    Samsung 0.06%
    Windows 0.04%
    Unknown 0.02%
    BlackBerry OS 0.01%

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Mobile Operating System Market Share in United States Of America - December 2019
    iOS 55.56%
    Android 44.27%
    Yea, I think the iOS use has gone up in the last year. People were slavering to throw $1000 at those X and 11 models. Must be nice to be that affluent!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Yea, I think the iOS use has gone up in the last year. People were slavering to throw $1000 at those X and 11 models. Must be nice to be that affluent!
    I don't want to hi-jack this thread with this topic so I'll just share this link and leave it at that. You can do allot of mining different stats. World, os versions, countries, platforms, years..... You'll see that the increase to ios was mostly from windows since 2015. Small amount down tick in android.

https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market...tes-of-america

Have fun.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by edjal View Post
    I do not have another phone to transfer to. I have IPhone 6s so does my wife both phones have the smae Volte issue
    Do you know if your iPhone 6s can be used with TF/AT&T (i.e. it has GSM frequencies)? If it can, you can transfer service from your TF/Verizon BYOP SIM to a TF/AT&T BYOP SIM (from your old SIM kit or buy a new SIM kit). A phone IMEI is not required to activate a TF/AT&T BYOP SIM. After the AT&T SIM has been activated, put it into the iPhone 6s to complete the transfer. Then the next day (so the transactions have different dates, easier for TF to sort things out if there's a problem), transfer service from the AT&T SIM back to your old TF/Verizon BYOP SIM.

The above process will work with an Android phone. I don't know if an iPhone has any quirks that can interfere with it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip View Post
    Sorry for your issue edjal but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one suffering from Tracfone's CS incompetence. I've tried what hpham has suggested with no luck. I have an iPhone SE, so does my wife, but since her phone was activated about one year after mine she has VoLTE on hers, but there are no reps that know how to set mine up for VoLTE.

If you get the problem solved please tell me how (or who) managed to get it working for you.
    Hello roadtrip I finally did get my iPhone 6s volte activated. After numerous attemps w TracFone CS I finally got it done on both my wife and my phone both 6s. Several of the level 1 CS reps stated my phone was not VoLTE capable according to their system, one suggested to buy a 6s from TracFone and VoLTE would work others suggested calling Verizon which of course I don't have an account with so cant reach them. some suggested calling Apple which I did and they confirmed all iPhones above 5 were manufactured VoLTE capable including the SE. I connected one evening with TracFone chat CS and he told me I needed new TracFone BYOP Verizon sim cards so I ordered 2 from TracFone and after receiving contacted TracFone chat to activate new cards of course did not get same cs rep. After CS confirmed I would not lose minutes or triple minutes plan I now proceeded to activation. After activation I still was not VoLTE capable the VoLTE menu was on the phone as it was before new sim card activation but could not activate VoLTE still CS then again after a short hold session got back and told me my system is very reliable and your phone is not VoLTE capable. I asked for a higher level CS and she connected me to supervisor. The supervisor then proceeded to activate both phones within maybe another 10 minutes. In summary in summary if you have a iPhone SE a 6 or above they are VoLTE capable no matter what TracFone tells you. You have to keep calling or chatting w CS until you get one that knows how to activate it. I would suggest level 2 CS as level one is not trained and has no idea how to complete VoLTE activation. If one Level 2 cant do it call back and get one until you find one that can help. Also from my experience Level one uses a tool they believe is reliable to tell them if phone is VoLTE capable but my experience has proven otherwise. Good Luck it is possible but difficult just be persistent. Edjal

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for letting us know you had success edjal! I spent over an hour yesterday chatting with Tracfone and still got nowhere. I "discussed" wanting to activate VoLTE for voice & data. "Your phone is not compatible" was all she could type. I finally asked to chat with her supervisor, so she put me on hold (so to speak). The supervisor came into the chat after reading my chat session with the 1st rep. She was not able to help, but said she needed to get another department involved. She put me on hold. She came back and asked if there was another phone number for them to call me back on. I gave them my wife's number so my phone would be available to do whatever they may need me to do on it. The rep said it would be at least 15 minutes before they could call. Guess what...
    No call. I called the number on the pop-up for "Cannot Activate LTE Calls" and went through the recording to no avail. I then received a text from Tracfone saying they found an issue with my settings and corrected it. I should restart my phone and so to "Settings etcetera...".
    My next step is to call what I believe to be the main number in Miami (800-876-5753) and hope they can help.
    Roadtrip

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    For Miami to speak to you, normally you need a referral or reference number from the chat CSR. If you have a copy of the chat just use the number assigned to the chat that you will find typed by the CSR.

Feedback Score
    Keep calling ask for level 2 eventually you will come across an agent that knows how to activate Volte. You will need a new sim card kit however. if your phone was a bring your own phone (BYOP) you will need a BYOP sim card activation kit from TracFone $.99 ea. These are provisioned for Volte the older sims like mine were 3 years old are not provisioned for Volte. My new sim as well as my old sim used Verizon towers.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    2. Make a call to someone, or to my airport's weather report line 785-234-1591 if you don't want to bother anyone.
    3. While the call is in progress, try to access an online site using the phone's browser. If it works, the call is going through VoLTE. If it does not, the call is not going through VoLTE.

I don't know if the same test will work with an iPhone.
    The same test does work with an iPhone (at least with my SE). I called your airport's number on cellular data which is over LTE, but when I tried to use my browser I got a message that I can't do that while on a call. I expected that since I can't activate VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    Calling using traditional cellular data is not the same thing as calling using a VoLTE data connection. So if the traditional data channel is occupied by a call, it likely cannot also use the browser. However, VoLTE does not compete with the browser that way. There might be some sharing of bandwidth, don't know.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Well then I guess my test is null and void. Thanks for your input Lisme. If I'm ever able to get VoLTE I'll have to try again....

Feedback Score
    It's like I can use the cable phone and internet at the same time. But with dial-up, it was one or the other. Progress marches on.

Feedback Score
    No, I was suggesting that you transfer service to another phone/SIM unrelated to the iPhone 6s, that phone/SIM can be for TF/Verizon or TF/AT&T or TF/T-mo (using one for TF/Verizon makes the transfer immediate because there's no cross-carrier porting involved). Then after that transfer is done, you can transfer service back to the TF/Verizon BYOP SIM currently in the 6s (because by then that SIM had been deactivated).

The problem with activating a new TF/Verizon BYOP SIM card using the iPhone 6s IMEI is that the system will say "no can do" because the IMEI of the 6s is already tied to the currently active BYOP SIM in it. An IMEI can only be paired with one active SIM at a time. Now, a competent rep might be able to deactivate the current BYOP SIM and transfer the service to a new TF/Verizon BYOP SIM using the 6s's IMEI, but you cannot do-it-yourself on the web site.
    Ok, please let me be sure I understand this idea. hpham, you already know my situation and what I've tried from another thread.

I have my new LG with a new assigned phone number. It shows VoLTE working. I call Tracfone and ask for my main phone #, the one I use on my iPhone SE, to be transferred to the LG.

Next, I take that brand new, clean SIM that Tracfone sent me and put it into the SE. I call Tracfone again and ask for my main number to be transferred from the LG to the SE. Maybe I don't even mention to the TFW CS rep that the SE had that phone number just a few hours or the day before. Is that it?

Now having said all that, let me go back to your sentence: "An IMEI can only be paired with one active SIM at a time." When I put the LG SIM into my SE to test, I can make calls on it and it says my phone number is that new number. Yet the SE has never been paired to the LG's SIM. So what is the significance of pairing?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast