Thread: Tracfone verizon iPhone 6s Volte

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by edjal View Post
    I'm not sure how to transfer service please advise
    Use the Chat function on Tracfone web site, so you don't have to deal with the rep's heavy accent, and everything said & done are in the chat transcript. Go to TF web site-->HELP-->Contact Us, there should be a red button "Click Here to Chat Now", if you don't see it, turn off your pop-up/ad blocker or use a different browser. At the end of the chat, copy the transcript from the chat window and paste it into a text file on your computer then save it for record.

Tell the rep you want to transfer service (phone number, buckets, days) from your current phone to another phone/SIM.

Which phone or SIM are you planning to use for the transfer?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip View Post
    This is the message I get when I try to select Voice and Data on LTE in my iPhone:
    I don't know much about iPhones, so I'll leave it to other members to help you with figuring out why you couldn't turn on VoLTE on your iPhone. On an Android phone that is known to be VoLTE capable but the setting to VoLTE is grayed out or not visible, it is because the SIM is not provisioned for VoLTE.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It's a BYOP iPhone SE. I've asked reps to activate it on my phone, I've transferred my service to a NEW SIM obtained by two nice members who sent me new unactivated SIMs from the Family Dollar score (I've done that twice) and then transferred service back to the original SIM.
    When you activated a new (TF/Verizon) SIM, which IMEI did you use? After that SIM was activated, did you try swapping it into your iPhone SE? If yes, did VoLTE work? If VoLTE doesn't work with the new SIM either, I think something in your iPhone SE prevented VoLTE from being turned on.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    When you activated a new (TF/Verizon) SIM, which IMEI did you use? After that SIM was activated, did you try swapping it into your iPhone SE? If yes, did VoLTE work? If VoLTE doesn't work with the new SIM either, I think something in your iPhone SE prevented VoLTE from being turned on.
    I just gave the CS rep the new SIM number. The only time VoLTE has activated on my SE was when I swapped my wife's SIM from her SE into mine and mine into hers. I got VoLTE and she lost her VoLTE. Swapped them back and she got VoLTE back and I lost it....
    Roadtrip

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The only time VoLTE has activated on my SE was when I swapped my wife's SIM from her SE into mine and mine into hers. I got VoLTE and she lost her VoLTE. Swapped them back and she got VoLTE back and I lost it....
    That proves your iPhone SE is VoLTE capable with a SIM that's provisioned for VoLTE. Now the mystery is why you couldn't get VoLTE provisioned on a newly activated SIM.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    @rpz1: Just trying to reinforce hpham's advice with troubleshooting.

It seems logical to me that, if TF service, due to VZW's requirements, records the coupling of a SIM ICCID and a device IMEI, that when trying to shake loose some level of provisioning on an account to get a fresh run at it, having service switched entirely off the problem setup to a different one before going back to the desired device would ensure a more complete attempt. Just a hunch. No hanging chads.

Feedback Score
    Use the Chat function on Tracfone web site, so you don't have to deal with the rep's heavy accent, and everything said & done are in the chat transcript. Go to TF web site-->HELP-->Contact Us, there should be a red button "Click Here to Chat Now", if you don't see it, turn off your pop-up/ad blocker or use a different browser. At the end of the chat, copy the transcript from the chat window and paste it into a text file on your computer then save it for record.

Tell the rep you want to transfer service (phone number, buckets, days) from your current phone to another phone/SIM.

Which phone or SIM are you planning to use for the transfer?
    I do not have another phone to transfer to. I have IPhone 6s so does my wife both phones have the smae Volte issue

Feedback Score

iphone7 VoLTE

I have been down the same road.
    The phone is an unlocked iphone7 purchased from Apple, activated 4-21-2017 with BYOP TF SIM.
    I have been told I already have VoLTE.
    I have been told TF is upgrading and I will be notified after the first of the year how to enable VoLTE.
    I have been told I can't enable because it isn't available in my area which is not the case.
    I have been told my phone is not capable of it by TF CS2.Which after extensive procedure with Apple proved it is.
    You get the idea I finally sent a letter to the Executive Resolution Team documenting all these different responses.
    It will be interesting to see their response if I get one.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thankfully I don't own any Apple products and don't have to deal with their peculiarities.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if you can transfer back to a TF branded phone that was deactivated when I transferred to current phone?
    The TF phone is an LGL52VL Treasure. TF CS told me it is VoLTE capable.
    Last edited by Arcoman; 01-05-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcoman View Post
    Do you know if you can transfer back to a TF branded phone that was deactivated to enable transfer to current phone?
    The TF phone was an LGL52VL Treasure. TF CS told me it is VoLTE capable.
    Yes, you can. You can even reuse its original SIM.

If the Treasure uses the same SIM size, you can try swapping its SIM (after reactivated) into your iPhone and see if it has VoLTE.

To test and see if the Treasure has VoLTE after reactivated:
    1. Turn off WiFi, turn on Data.
    2. Make a call to someone, or to my airport's weather report line 785-234-1591 if you don't want to bother anyone.
    3. While the call is in progress, try to access an online site using the phone's browser. If it works, the call is going through VoLTE. If it does not, the call is not going through VoLTE.

I don't know if the same test will work with an iPhone.

Feedback Score

Transferring

Do you know if you can transfer back to a TF branded phone that was deactivated when I transferred to the phone I have now?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    Thankfully I don't own any Apple products and don't have to deal with their peculiarities.
    That's the best answer. If you go through any of the forums seems iPhones are the majority of the quirky unresolvable issues.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post

That's the best answer. If you go through any of the forums seems iPhones are the majority of the quirky unresolvable issues.
    The problem isn't with the iPhone. Mine was activated before Tracfone had their s#it together with activating VoLTE, and they haven't been trained well enough to correct the problem. My wife's iPhone was activated after Tracfone woke up and VoLTE works just fine on hers. The fault lies with Tracfone CS plain and simple.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast