Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TruPhone 2020 thread

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score

TruPhone 2020 thread

Here's the last posting from the TruPhone 2019 thread.

My screen is bigger than yours

Originally Posted by robbyrobby
    all older model sprint iPhones that had previously been unlocked for international only have been unlocked for US as well, nothing specifically related to truphone. i believe that all sprint iphone 4s and 5 if they were already unlocked for international are now unlocked for US as well via pushed update.

Not true for my Sprint iPhone 4s. AT&T and TruPhone SIM cards didn’t work (phone says SIM not supported) while in the US but worked when in Canada.
    Last edited by veriztd; 01-04-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Here's the link to the 2019 thread for reference: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ne-thread-2019

Feedback Score
    Question for those who ported a phone number to Truphone. I understand that the process starts by emailing a scanned written request to customer support. But I am confused as to when to do this. Before or after I order the sim card?
    It looks like during the order process, an area code and first 3 digits are selected. I dont want to order and then have trouble porting in after but I assume I need an active account to request the port.

So which comes first?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by melissav1 View Post
    Question for those who ported a phone number to Truphone. I understand that the process starts by emailing a scanned written request to customer support. But I am confused as to when to do this. Before or after I order the sim card?
    It looks like during the order process, an area code and first 3 digits are selected. I dont want to order and then have trouble porting in after but I assume I need an active account to request the port.

So which comes first?
    I don't know. Maybe someone who knows will post. Otherwise, you could contact them. I have found their customer support to be very good.

646-360-1689
    Email: [email protected]

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score

So which comes first?
    Hopefully my experience over the summer can help. I had two SIM cards activated, one with a number I wanted to keep and one with a number I didn't care about. Both were associated with my login. I decided to wind down some things with Google and one of the biggies was a Google Voice number that I've had for about ten years. I contacted Truphone and they allowed me to replace the number I didn't care about with a ported-in number. I enabled porting from Google Voice's side, filled out the form, sent it to Truphone and a few days later on my account, the GV number replaced the old number and had the same balance and everything. Aside from the paperwork (I just printed the form, wrote it out, scanned it, and sent it back), the process was easy.

I don't know if it was because Google Voice is like a landline and slow for porting or that Truphone is also slow to port in, but I'd suggest signing up with a new number, contacting Truphone, and giving yourself a few days for the port to go through.

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus (this month anyway)
    Feedback Score
    If I remember correctly, I had to activate my SIM card with a random US number and then email the scanned request to port the number that I wanted.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    Best to do it after. Also keep in mind their business hours are on UK time, not US/Canada.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    If I remember correctly, I had to activate my SIM card with a random US number and then email the scanned request to port the number that I wanted.
    This was my experience also and porting took about 10 days. I kept inquiring to both carriers (Tello & TruPhone) and it seems that TruPhone uses an outside company (CenturyLink) to do their groundwork in the USA.

I was free to use the assigned number while waiting for the porting to be completed.

Works great now but I was very concerned that I would lose my Wife's number!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stlink View Post
    This was my experience also and porting took about 10 days. I kept inquiring to both carriers (Tello & TruPhone) and it seems that TruPhone uses an outside company (CenturyLink) to do their groundwork in the USA.
    Yeah, they used to use Level 3 Communications for numbers, which was purchased by CenturyLink, but I think that's why people sometimes run into issues with 2FA SMSes.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Just ordered my Truphone sim. Any one know how long the shipping takes? I’m in Missouri. Dumping Xfinity since the mandatory $12/month started. Was only $1.44/month. We don’t use data.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Not bad, sim came in 3 days!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Anyone know if I get charged for checking my voicemail messages? I know incoming calls are free.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipy View Post
    Anyone know if I get charged for checking my voicemail messages? I know incoming calls are free.
    IME, dialing 505 from *any* country (not just the countries in Truphone Zone) is free.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    OK folks, iPhone issue w/Truphone here.

Two iPhones, one 6s and one 8. If I attempt to send a text message (carrier, NOT iMessage) with a subject line attached, the message will not be received. The message appears to be sent successfully (no error messages appear), but simply never reaches the other phone.

Any thoughts?

thanks!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nassour View Post
    OK folks, iPhone issue w/Truphone here.

Two iPhones, one 6s and one 8. If I attempt to send a text message (carrier, NOT iMessage) with a subject line attached, the message will not be received. The message appears to be sent successfully (no error messages appear), but simply never reaches the other phone.

Any thoughts?

thanks!
    Hopefully someone will correct me if this is off base, but isn't a text sent with a subject line sent as MMS, and Truphone doesn't support MMS, therefore, it doesn't get delivered?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast