Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TruPhone 2020 thread

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nassour View Post
    OK folks, huge issue with Truphone today.

I have two prepaid numbers. I just today noticed that neither phone will take a call from a number whose Caller ID is blocked. Here's what happens...

The phone with blocked ID calls, and the Truphone number rings BUT....the calling number NEVER hears a ring tone. If the Truphone number picks up, the call does not connect. If the Truphone number does not pick up, the calling number hears "all circuits are busy".

Calls with an open Caller ID go through normally.

This has been going on less than 30 days.

A trouble ticket has been submitted to Truphone, but they're stumped after 48 hours. Any thoughts from anyone????
    Wow, that's a weird issue and I could kind of duplicate it. I tried calling my Truphone SIM (in a 3G LG flip phone) from my iPhone just doing *67 in front of the number. No ringtones at all for the caller, and I got the same behavior with the pickup. I didn't get an "all circuits are busy" though.

It also seems like it takes forever to connect and sometimes blocked caller IDs get outright rejected.

Feedback Score
    ecs0013, it would probably be helpful if you could also submit a trouble ticket.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    ecs0013, it would probably be helpful if you could also submit a trouble ticket.
    Yeah, I'd like to help with any data collection possible (just wasn't going to do it late last night after discovering that). Is there a particular place everyone has been submitting that or calling the CS number?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Wow, that's a weird issue and I could kind of duplicate it. I tried calling my Truphone SIM (in a 3G LG flip phone) from my iPhone just doing *67 in front of the number. No ringtones at all for the caller, and I got the same behavior with the pickup. I didn't get an "all circuits are busy" though.

It also seems like it takes forever to connect and sometimes blocked caller IDs get outright rejected.
    Well.

OK, then it's not just me, so I feel a bit better. But this does mean I have to leave Truphone immediately with this number, as I have to be able to receive calls without restriction. Thanks for the confirmation, this helps a lot.

Let me add that I don't get the "all circuits busy" message with every test call.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Well.

OK, then it's not just me, so I feel a bit better. But this does mean I have to leave Truphone immediately with this number, as I have to be able to receive calls without restriction. Thanks for the confirmation, this helps a lot.

Let me add that I don't get the "all circuits busy" message with every test call.
    Yeah, I left an email with support basically echoing what you experienced, but haven't heard back yet. I'll keep everyone posted.

I'm wondering if they're operating with a skeleton crew...you'd have to call to get port-out info?

Feedback Score
    Anyone else having issues with texts? I have tried to send multiple texts and my Truphone says it went through but never gets received. My Truphone also does not receive any texts sent to it.

Have rebooted my phone, taken the sim card out and reinserted and tried a different device. Texts are broken

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by melissav1 View Post
    Anyone else having issues with texts? I have tried to send multiple texts and my Truphone says it went through but never gets received. My Truphone also does not receive any texts sent to it.

Have rebooted my phone, taken the sim card out and reinserted and tried a different device. Texts are broken
    My Truphone is receiving calls and texts as usual. I did not try outgoing calls and texts - costs money. I know it's just dimes, but I don't have much balance left.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by melissav1 View Post

Make SURE you are sending SMS text messages. Truphone does not support MMS.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Yeah, I left an email with support basically echoing what you experienced, but haven't heard back yet. I'll keep everyone posted.

I'm wondering if they're operating with a skeleton crew...you'd have to call to get port-out info?
    That could indeed be the case.

For porting out, you need the phone number, four digit PIN, and eight digit account number. I'm certainly not a large account, but if they can't get this squared away by Tuesday, I'm gone. I need this bloody phone number to work. And this problem explains some missed calls I've had over the past few weeks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    That could indeed be the case.

For porting out, you need the phone number, four digit PIN, and eight digit account number. I'm certainly not a large account, but if they can't get this squared away by Tuesday, I'm gone. I need this bloody phone number to work. And this problem explains some missed calls I've had over the past few weeks.
    Yeah, when I set these up, I didn't get the account numbers "for my records" like some people have, so I think the only way to get them is to call. Still, mine aren't as important as yours sounds, so I may ride it out.

Feedback Score
    Make SURE you are sending SMS text messages. Truphone does not support MMS.
    Yes, they are SMS messages. I tried to receive a short code from Google Voice and it didn't come through. So I tried some test texts to and from my main cell phone and nothing on either end. I have a ticket but support just seems to be asking me the same questions over and over.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I appreciate the reminder, because I did NOT check messaging. Yes, SMS is working for me.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Getting the account number is no big deal, they'll give you all the info you need if you tell them you're porting out.

This is what's bothering me about this entire mess. Truphone has been a stand-up company for me for years. Now, I'm getting absolutely NO feedback from them about what this huge issue is. I'll probably wind up leaving for something that costs more, and just blame the Coronavirus.

Feedback Score
    Getting the account number is no big deal, they'll give you all the info you need if you tell them you're porting out.

This is what's bothering me about this entire mess. Truphone has been a stand-up company for me for years. Now, I'm getting absolutely NO feedback from them about what this huge issue is. I'll probably wind up leaving for something that costs more, and just blame the Coronavirus.
    Same here. I always heard there customer service was too notch but do far I have not been impressed. 3 days with texts not working and they seem to be giving me the run-around And all the test texts they asked me to send when I was on a support call were deducted from my balan r which doesn't seem right.

They were quick to give me my account number and pin though.

Good luck with resolving your issue.

Feedback Score
    i can confirm same issue on my almost never used truphone line

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast