Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RedPocket and Verizon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lburgguy View Post
    BTW, Verizon is going GSM only as of 1/1/20.
    No, it does not.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    you could wait for a sale, ebay sitewide coupon or ebay bucks offer.

during thanksgiving through christmas the 5gb plan that includes Verizon was onsale for $195. keep in mind that the lost price is $305 and the usual "sale" price is $240

Feedback Score
    Shredfred, I already have an active RP ATT plan. I want to switch my plan to Verizon. I thought it would be a simple matter of buying the Verizon SIM card from RP but here on this thread I'm hearing that my phone is not whitelisted by Verizon. I own an Umidigi F1 that has all the bands and VoLTE that I need. So I was asking should I buy an old Verizon phone to activate the card in and then put that card in my Umidigi F1.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Okay so it looks like I'd want to buy a Verizon phone on ebay, cheap, and go from there? Do you have any recommendations? I am really motivated to get on the Verizon network. Thanks!
    Yes. I think all you'll need is the IMEI. So all you'll need to know is that it's a Vzw VoLTE compatible model, and that the IMEI is not blacklisted for some reason by Vzw.

Feedback Score
    Sorry to be obtuse but would this phone work for my purposes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEALED-...d3ajK&LH_BIN=1

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Sorry to be obtuse but would this phone work for my purposes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEALED-...d3ajK&LH_BIN=1
    It's good that you asked.

No. That's a Vzw Prepaid phone, which won't work on a Vzw MVNO until/unless it's unlocked, which requires at least 60 days of Vzw Prepaid service.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    You still have to buy a plan to make the switch. Red pocket does not like switching plans mid service unless there's a good reason. They are difficult in that way.

Most straightforward way is to wait until your current plan is about to expire then start new services. What you you need to do is an internal port from At&t to Verizon. If you switch before your current plan expires, you will lose your current services as it will start the new service right away.

I have an inexpensive volte phone called the Orbic Wonder in reserve for activation on Verizon. It's about $40 or less on eBay.
    Shredfred, I already have an active RP ATT plan. I want to switch my plan to Verizon. I thought it would be a simple matter of buying the Verizon SIM card from RP but here on this thread I'm hearing that my phone is not whitelisted by Verizon. I own an Umidigi F1 that has all the bands and VoLTE that I need. So I was asking should I buy an old Verizon phone to activate the card in and then put that card in my Umidigi F1.
    Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by ShredFred; 01-03-2020 at 04:56 PM.

Feedback Score
    What about a used LG G2 with a clean IMEI? I think that's the oldest/cheapest phone that supports VoLTE. Any ideas? I would use this to activate the new SIM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    You still have to buy a plan to make the switch. Red pocket does not like switching plans mid service unless there's a good reason. They are difficult in that way.
    That was not my experience when I switched one of our phones on a RP annual plan from AT&T to VZW. It was about 9 months in on the plan if I remember correctly. I made the switch via online chat and it went quite smoothly. They cautioned me that I would lose the rest of my monthly minutes and data, but I already knew that, which is why I did it on the last day of the monthly cycle.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    What phone did you have? Is it on the vzw whitelist?

Not knowing the exact situation the OP is in, I was making all sort of assumptions. Actually since the OP is already on RP AT&T and just wants to internally port to Verizon, he might not have any issues with activation like as a new customer. RP might even just send him a Sim card and get it activated over chat. They should be able to figure it out over a chat session.

But just in case, would not be a bad idea to have a volte vzw capable phone on their whitelist handy just in case. Minor complication is that his phone Umidigi F1 is definitely not on the whitelist for activation. In the end, It might not mean a thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by lIqCs3xa View Post
    That was not my experience when I switched one of our phones on a RP annual plan from AT&T to VZW. It was about 9 months in on the plan if I remember correctly. I made the switch via online chat and it went quite smoothly. They cautioned me that I would lose the rest of my monthly minutes and data, but I already knew that, which is why I did it on the last day of the monthly cycle.
    Last edited by ShredFred; 01-04-2020 at 12:52 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    What phone did you have? Is it on the vzw whitelist?

Not knowing the exact situation the OP is in, I was making all sort of assumptions. Actually since the OP is already on RP AT&T and just wants to internally port to Verizon, he might not have any issues with activation like as a new customer.
    My phone was a 5-year-old (or so) iPhone that was originally tied to AT&T but had been unlocked. Just to be safe, I remember putting the IMEI number into someplace online to be sure it would work. I don't remember if this was on the Red Pocket site, Verizon's site, or someplace else. When it came back OK, I switched it over to Verizon.

Anyway, I'm not weighing in on lburgguy's situation as far as his phone. You and Boz1 know a lot more about that than I do, and you've both given him good advice. I just wanted him to know that if he does get it worked out, RP switching from AT&T to Verizon shouldn't be an issue, at least based on my experience.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lIqCs3xa View Post
    The annual plan on RP is 12 30 day plans. So both are right, you lose the rest of the month.

The other poster ported out, which closed the account. There is no good way I know of to move a number out of a plan without closing it. You can, in many cases, port a new number in, but then you lose the number on the account.

On postpaid, multiline accounts, you can do stuff to move one number out without cancelling the whole account.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    Thanks to all BTW! (my goal, if anyone has forgotten, is to get my Umidigi F1, which is now with RP using ATT switched to Verizon on RP).
    Could someone please confirm this process: I purchased a Verizon SIM card from RP. I ordered an LG G3 that passes all the requirements of Verizon and is, according to their site, good to activate based on the IMEI.

So do I activate the G3 using the new SIM and then once it is activated place this card in the Umidigi?

Thank you in advance!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Thanks to all BTW! (my goal, if anyone has forgotten, is to get my Umidigi F1, which is now with RP using ATT switched to Verizon on RP).
    Could someone please confirm this process: I purchased a Verizon SIM card from RP. I ordered an LG G3 that passes all the requirements of Verizon and is, according to their site, good to activate based on the IMEI.

So do I activate the G3 using the new SIM and then once it is activated place this card in the Umidigi?

Thank you in advance!
    Yes, that's correct.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Yes, activate and verify on the LG G3 first then put it in the Umidigi after you verify that everything worked (talk, text/sms/mms and lte Data).

It may be overkill but will be more straightforward to debug on a verified, known working on Verizon phone).

On the Umidigi, turn off wifi calling.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast