LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The d850 seems to be missing band 13

https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g3-6294.php

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    So despite having 2,4 and 5, shouldn't it still work?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    It could work. Nothing is certain until someone tries

Did you set the apn to vzwinternet? Plus rest of the settings?

I did some tests a while back on my gsm based Leeco Le Pro3 and Verizon page plus sim. It has bands 2 and 4. I had lte. It worked somewhat, I could send text messages. Would lock into band 4 in midtown, nothing 40 blocks away though. Could not make a call though

Feedback Score
    I get "Emergency Calls Only" when I try to make a call, despite having full bars.

Data does nothing when I try to get to any webpage (no loading)

I put in the VZWINTERNET APN also..

As far as networks, it's set to "GSM/WCDMA/LTE only" (that's the only one that has LTE in it and when the phone powers up, you can see the Cellular Network signal icon with a little "circling" arrow showing that's it's cycling through those choices until it settles on (what must be) LTE).

..and within *#*#4636#*#*, When I go into, "Phone Information", I see the fields, but there's a popup which says something like "This application does not work on this device", and then backs me out to the previous screen.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Your phone like my Leeco just might be too old or lacking the intelligence to communicate over Verizon via LTE even though it has the bands. It certainly falls into the realm of grey area regarding support.

I put a freedompop AT&T lte sim into a Verizon Samsung Note 4 that has gsm bands. I know the hpsda worked because previously I used the Freedompop based global sim in it based on T-mobile. I was surprised to find that I got lte on band 4 on AT&T.

Feedback Score
    So I'm the OP of this thread and wanted to come back and state just how successful I was at switching my Umidigi F1 from AT&T to Verizon using Redpocket.

I purchased a used LG G3 with a clean IMEI. I purchased the CDMA Verizon card from RP.

I used Redpocket chat to provide the IMEI and the SIM number.

Took about fifteen minutes of the rep doing stuff on her end. Finally came time to power up the G3 and sure enough, it worked great. So here's where I got nervous... put the card in the F1 expecting the worst and it works great! LTE is blazing fast! As far as the voice calls, at first the "HD" icon did not show up on my phone and my test phone calls sounded just like any other cellphone I've ever used. It took another ten minutes and boom, the HD icon shows up on my phone! I make a test call and it was crystal clear! I know there was a lot of discussion about whether or not this would work but I'm saying I have VoLTE working on the F1!

I could not be happier and it all worked out as well as I could have imagined!!!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lburgguy View Post
    So I'm the OP of this thread and wanted to come back and state just how successful I was at switching my Umidigi F1 from AT&T to Verizon using Redpocket.

I purchased a used LG G3 with a clean IMEI. I purchased the CDMA Verizon card from RP.

Took about fifteen minutes of the rep doing stuff on her end. Finally came time to power up the G3 and sure enough, it worked great. So here's where I got nervous... put the card in the F1 expecting the worst and it works great! LTE is blazing fast! As far as the voice calls, at first the "HD" icon did not show up on my phone and my test phone calls sounded just like any other cellphone I've ever used. It took another ten minutes and boom, the HD icon shows up on my phone! I make a test call and it was crystal clear! I know there was a lot of discussion about whether or not this would work but I'm saying I have VoLTE working on the F1!

I could not be happier and it all worked out as well as I could have imagined!!!
    That's so great, lburgguy! So now we have at least you and ShredFred with confirmed reports of that working (and maybe more if I've forgotten and/or missed some). Thanks for reporting back!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The biggest benefit of this ordeal was that red pocket didn't give you any static about switching from AT&T to Verizon. A few years ago, that was borderline mission impossible. In the past I think they would charge you up to $9 for the port. But that was when they only had 2 or 3 gig plans for Verizon and 5 gig plans on AT&T.

There's anecdotal evidence that people were able to upgrade from the AT&T plan to T-mobile at 5gig. Redpocket does not offer a T-mobile plan of that size. So things are changing.

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by ShredFred; 01-22-2020 at 09:42 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lburgguy View Post
    .. I purchased a used LG G3 with a clean IMEI. I purchased the CDMA Verizon card from RP.

Took about fifteen minutes of the rep doing stuff on her end. Finally came time to power up the G3 and sure enough, it worked great. ..!
    This is a bit of a tangent to your OP, but can you tell me *which* model of LG G3 you got?

My G3 does NOT work with my RP VZ SiM card. Its' model is D850.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alster View Post
    This is a bit of a tangent to your OP, but can you tell me *which* model of LG G3 you got?

My G3 does NOT work with my RP VZ SiM card. Its' model is D850.
    lburgguy got the Vzw version with a clean ESN.

The LG G3 D850 is a GSM only version with an ESN that isn't on the Vzw whitelist.

Feedback Score
    True, but it appears from real world anecdotal evidence that the whitelist is only problematic for activating service-

once the SIM is active, it will function in any phone with LTE coverage.

Two of the three bands are available on the D850, only Band 13 is missing, but perhaps that's a "required" band.. ? so I was surprised when it didn't work for calls/data, despite showing (at least) cell signal connection with good strength.

As the OP has the actual Verizon variant, it has all three bands from the get go.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    While calls won't work, data might. The question is whether your phone contacts the Verizon network and is issued a ip address correctly.

I am sure there is atleast some sort of rudimentary handshaking and acknowledgement at the phone level necessary to make the connection. That might require "Verizon firmware".

In my testing, my Leeco could do it sporadically. It wasn't reliable. Did not connect in all areas inside nyc I tested. Data and text only. Definitely no voice.

Last edited by ShredFred; 01-22-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5