Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 168

Thread: Claim: VZW to abolish all Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans (GUDP) in 2020

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    18,880
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    You can't.
    Correct. 5G data uses a different feature code and only on compatible handsets.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fingerlakes
    Posts
    50
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Has anyone else gotten an email? I received this a couple of hours ago from “[email protected]
    I’ve received some strongly worded letters and emails in the past and they have yet to act on them, this seems different though.

    In a recent audit of customer accounts it was discovered that your account has one or more lines of service that are not compatible or eligible for the current price plan due to one of the following reasons:
    • A data only device on voice and data plan that is intended to be used with a smartphone
    • Ineligible grandfathered data plan
    • Inappropriately acquired grandfathered data plan
    • Purchasing line from known service reseller
    This activity is a violation of our terms and conditions.

    As such, this letter/email will serve as official notice that your account has 14 days to update to current pricing compatible with the device. If the account is not updated, your service will be terminated effective February 13, 2020 and a final statement, which will be due and payable immediately, will be sent to you within thirty (30) days.

    You are prohibited from processing any Assumption of Liability or Transfer Your Service transactions from the above referenced account to any other Verizon account/customer. Nothing in this letter should be construed as a full and complete recitation of the facts herein, or a waiver, relinquishment or election of rights or remedies by Verizon. Verizon expressly reserves all of its rights and remedies.

    If you have any questions about this notice, please reply to the email address above with your contact information and a Verizon representative will reach out to you.

    Thank you
    Verizon Risk Management & Compliance

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    567
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
    Has anyone else gotten an email? I received this a couple of hours ago from “[email protected]
    I’ve received some strongly worded letters and emails in the past and they have yet to act on them, this seems different though.

    In a recent audit of customer accounts it was discovered that your account has one or more lines of service that are not compatible or eligible for the current price plan due to one of the following reasons:
    • A data only device on voice and data plan that is intended to be used with a smartphone
    • Ineligible grandfathered data plan
    • Inappropriately acquired grandfathered data plan
    • Purchasing line from known service reseller
    This activity is a violation of our terms and conditions.

    As such, this letter/email will serve as official notice that your account has 14 days to update to current pricing compatible with the device. If the account is not updated, your service will be terminated effective February 13, 2020 and a final statement, which will be due and payable immediately, will be sent to you within thirty (30) days.

    You are prohibited from processing any Assumption of Liability or Transfer Your Service transactions from the above referenced account to any other Verizon account/customer. Nothing in this letter should be construed as a full and complete recitation of the facts herein, or a waiver, relinquishment or election of rights or remedies by Verizon. Verizon expressly reserves all of its rights and remedies.

    If you have any questions about this notice, please reply to the email address above with your contact information and a Verizon representative will reach out to you.

    Thank you
    Verizon Risk Management & Compliance

    Not trying to tick you off, but is it a legit plan/line? I had a couple of lines I acquired in uh, cough, the back channel ways. I ended up losing them when Verizon found out. I'm not sure about the first line reason. Haven't jetpack's or other data devices been allowed forever with these plans? Is that a new change?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A
    Posts
    333
    Device(s)
    A
    Carrier(s)
    A
    Feedback Score
    0
    I received the same email as well. I'm wondering if it's because I'm using my GUDP sim in a Mifi instead of a smartphone.

    Or do they simply want me off GUDP full stop? Can I prevent my plan from being cancelled if I put my sim into a smartphone?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fingerlakes
    Posts
    50
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Not trying to tick you off, but is it a legit plan/line? I had a couple of lines I acquired in uh, cough, the back channel ways. I ended up losing them when Verizon found out. I'm not sure about the first line reason. Haven't jetpack's or other data devices been allowed forever with these plans? Is that a new change?
    Yea, they are absolutely legit and we’ve had them since 2008 or 2010. They do have hotspots on them and I rent 2 of the 4 out to over the road truckers at cost.
    The other 2 are house internet because we’re in a rural area and it’s the only option. With 4 teens we go through 2+TB of data on the reg. Never had a slowdown

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,942
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdydesi View Post
    I received the same email as well. I'm wondering if it's because I'm using my GUDP sim in a Mifi instead of a smartphone.

    Or do they simply want me off GUDP full stop? Can I prevent my plan from being cancelled if I put my sim into a smartphone?
    Yes you are violating the TOS and doing shady stuff like this is why we can't have nice things. Call me crazy but what was wrong with you know.. following the rules? I'm soooo glad Verizon is finally cracking down on stuff like this

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,942
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
    They do have hotspots on them and I rent 2 of the 4 out to over the road truckers at cost.
    The other 2 are house internet because we’re in a rural area and it’s the only option. With 4 teens we go through 2+TB of data on the reg. Never had a slowdown
    Then they aren't legit. Did you not read the e-mail? A) You're using them in hotspots not phones B) You're renting 2 of them out.

    Sorry but it's not Verizon's responsibility to provide you with home internet over a 4G connection because you choose to live where the internet is not.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fingerlakes
    Posts
    50
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Then they aren't legit. Did you not read the e-mail? A) You're using them in hotspots not phones B) You're renting 2 of them out.

    Sorry but it's not Verizon's responsibility to provide you with home internet over a 4G connection because you choose to live where the internet is not.
    Cool starry bra. Read up on what Verizon agreed to when they purchased the 700MHz spectrum before making uneducated judgements. Not here to have this tired old debate on what gUDP users may or may not do but if you use the search function I’m sure you’ll find several thousand threads on that topic.
    Just looking for info on if they’re legitimately going to carry this out.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    800
    Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm using my gUDP in an iPad but I haven't received this email. Then again, I never use more than like 20 or 30 GB per month these days.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC/CT
    Posts
    1,067
    Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
    Cool starry bra. Read up on what Verizon agreed to when they purchased the 700MHz spectrum before making uneducated judgements. Not here to have this tired old debate on what gUDP users may or may not do but if you use the search function I’m sure you’ll find several thousand threads on that topic.
    Just looking for info on if they’re legitimately going to carry this out.
    You rent out your lines?

    Thanks for being part of the reason this was ruined for many others

    You should be branded and banned on HoFo

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fingerlakes
    Posts
    50
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    You rent out your lines?

    Thanks for being part of the reason this was ruined for many others

    You should be branded and banned on HoFo
    Ah yeah! Made about $0 renting it out to my brother and his buddy who have been on this plan for 10 years. If you want a real reason to be get mad I almost never turn my streaming devices off so they’re just gobbling up data all day when I’m at work. I like living dangerously!

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,969
    Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've started a new thread, since this is no longer a "claim" - and it's not all gUDPs:

    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ent?p=17115923
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC/CT
    Posts
    1,067
    Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
    Ah yeah! Made about $0 renting it out to my brother and his buddy who have been on this plan for 10 years. If you want a real reason to be get mad I almost never turn my streaming devices off so they’re just gobbling up data all day when I’m at work. I like living dangerously!
    Doesnt matter what you made or didn't make

    Doesn't magically make it OK

    You are part of the problem why we can't have nice things

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fingerlakes
    Posts
    50
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    Doesnt matter what you made or didn't make

    Doesn't magically make it OK

    You are part of the problem why we can't have nice things
    So according to you, going in on a plan with other people somehow violates Verizon’s TOS? I wish the original Verizon sales rep/cashier would have told me that back in the day when we all visited the store together and I added them to my plan.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,942
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    I'm using my gUDP in an iPad but I haven't received this email. Then again, I never use more than like 20 or 30 GB per month these days.
    Would it be cheaper to just put it on an new unlimited plan?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-21-2017, 01:25 PM
  2. Wanted to buy Verizon grandfathered unlimited data plan
    By Blondeca in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 04:33 PM
  3. Want to Buy: Verizon Grandfather Unlimited data plan. Ready to pay $300
    By Alexchun88 in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 04:49 PM
  4. Verizon Trying to Deny My Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan
    By MNetwork in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 02:23 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 11:26 PM

Bookmarks