Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: TF Moto G6 Bluetooth quit working

Feedback Score
    I recall someone on this forum expressing concern about the battery's health in a used phone. This is a legitimate issue. If the battery has been abused, how would anyone know and would you care?

The battery is definitely a weak link, and merits consideration.

I would not be happy receiving a used phone in exchange for one that I purchased new and took care of.

I would not want to be taken advantage of.

At least in the good old days, they always sent a new battery along with the phone.

Food for thought.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I recall someone on this forum expressing concern about the battery's health in a used phone. This is a legitimate issue. If the battery has been abused, how would anyone know and would you care?

The battery is definitely a weak link, and merits consideration.

I would not be happy receiving a used phone in exchange for one that I purchased new and took care of.

I would not want to be taken advantage of.

At least in the good old days, they always sent a new battery along with the phone.

Food for thought.
    My response is that the manufacturer tests the phone and it's internal components prior to sending out a replacement, it's not like some "Bubba" pulls out a replacement phone out of the back of his pickup truck and mails it to you. While a bad battery may be of concern, there is a process to report problems with a refurbished device.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Once upon a time, I bought two refurb flips from Tracfone. One of the phones had an obviously broken hinge. The normal CSRs didn't have enough English to understand what I was talking about, so I contacted Corporate. The agent actually went to the warehouse and fetched a brand new phone and sent it to me. That's what I call service.

Tracfone outsources its return/refurbish/resend whatever revolving door to a company in Texas whose name has been mentioned before but I don't remember it. There is no way this outfit can charge every dead battery and see what's what. For that matter, they simply cannot dot every i and cross every t. Their main job is to look over and then repackage the stuff with new accessories as quickly as possible. One of my recent refurbs came slathered in gooey labels telling me to charge the battery. It was a crummy phone anyway, so I just sold it rather than ask for a new one.

The new phones come from somewhere else, Indiana I think. More practical than Florida. All they have to do is fill orders.

I would be polite but firm that a new phone is the right thing to do. I'm sure that someone in Corporate will have to make the arrangements, but it isn't impossible. If they absolutely refuse on pain of punishment, I would sell the refurb and buy something else.

The BBB is a good way to get attention.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I agreed that contacting the BBB is not a bad idea.

Feedback Score
    I agree about that.

Feedback Score
    There is nothing wrong with recommending the BBB. Tracfone is a willing member and has people who respond.

Feedback Score
    Maybe I missed it. Is Bluetooth working on the new (refurbed) phone ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    One of my recent refurbs came slathered in gooey labels telling me to charge the battery.
    Sending out crappy refurbs is not as it was. They used to be pristine. My recollection may faulty, but think you used to get a 1 year warranty with a refurb. I have only bought one about 4-5 years ago.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    This is only my opinion, but I think too many fraudulent claims occurred in the past and as a result, the era when a new phone was almost guaranteed when filing a claim is dead and buried. I am not trying to make a justification. I think that it is a matter of abusers taking advantage of a situation that has led to the current practice. Just saying.........

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    My recollection may faulty, but think you used to get a 1 year warranty with a refurb. I have only bought one about 4-5 years ago.
    All the TF smartphone refurbs that I bought came with 90-day warranty. I've bought 3 or 4 in the last few years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I kinda ran into this with my Logitech G930 headset which had a three year warranty. They broke about two years after getting them. I got them replaced via the warranty. They sent me a brand new set. Then the replacement only lasted about two years too, and I tried to get them replaced since I thought the warranty got reset since they sent a new pair. Here was the issue. They went with the date of the original G930, and not the replacement G930. So I had to buy a new headset.

So the warranty is really up to the company on how they do things.

I don't have a problem with the way the company handled your situation. When you bought that first headset, part of that cost was the 3 year warranty that came with it. And when you needed to use it 2 years later, you got a brand new set as a replacement. Nice.
    But, I wouldn't expect the company to start the warranty over again with the replacement.
    That's part of the problem I have with the OP's situation. He bought a new phone a month ago & again, part of the cost of that included a 1 year warranty which was built into the price. One month later he sends the phone back under warranty & not only gets a refurb, but loses the majority of the warranty he paid for a month ago. That in itself is wrong IMO.
    Buying a refurb with a 90 day warranty is one thing. You know what you're getting. Getting a refurb as a replacement 1 month later on a newly purchased phone & losing the majority of the warranty (what a nice surprise for anyone) is totally different.
    A 12 month warranty is just that. It should last 12 months, regardless of how many times it's used. Again, that's part of the cost when you purchase that new phone or anything else.
    I'm not buying what someone said here that once the original warranty is used, it's no longer valid.
    If I were in the OPs shoes & TracFone insisted on sending me a refurb after 1 month, I'd certainly fight them on losing the 8 months warranty they took away. Where in their warranty statement does it say you lose that after using the warranty 1 time?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Sadly standard across most industries.

You will not get an new device to replace a used on whether it's 2 days old or 11 months old. A used device is replaced by another used device.

In some cases you get the remainder of the original warranty, but in many others it's a one shot deal. Once you use the original warranty it's done and only get the warranty of the replacement.
    You seem to know a lot about this. Where else is the original warranty a one & done deal, since you state it's widespread.
    Except for a warranty issue here & there on vehicles over the years & a tv that wouldn't turn on after a week, fortunately I haven't had to use a warranty in quite awhile.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
    You seem to know a lot about this. Where else is the original warranty a one & done deal, since you state it's widespread.
    Personally seen it on some small appliances and CFL bulbs.
    Heard about other electronics companies doing it.

BTW, wasn't saying I like or agree, just that's they way it goes today.
    Last edited by ST Dog; 01-14-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Maybe I missed it. Is Bluetooth working on the new (refurbed) phone ?
    Hi;

Yes, bluetooth is working on the new (refurb) phone.

However, after taking care to backup my original phone to my Google Drive, I could not restore my backed up settings to the replacement phone.

This is because my new (original) G6 had Android 9.0, and the used phone they sent as a replacement has 8.0.

I found out you cannot restore a newer Android backup to an older Android phone.

I have spent most of the day (attempting to) get this used phone setup.

Midway through the transfer, when I had had enough, I called TF to try to get a refund so I could buy a new phone again.
    I was denied because my original November 2019 purchase date was over 30 days ago.

I will never know why the last owner of the refurb phone returned it, but starting with a full charge today the battery was drained after approximately a half day of setup and fiddling.
    The original phone never went dead that fast.

I guess I will chalk this whole exercise up to experience.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Do you have WiFi to check for a system update? I know lots of phones only does system updates with WiFi connections. If yours has Android 8.0 and your old one had Android 9.0, I am sure there is some type of update.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast