Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: TF Moto G6 Bluetooth quit working

Feedback Score
    Ribby1, I see plenty wrong with that.
    You bought a new phone, not a cheaper (with less warranty) refurbished one they sent you.
    I'd be fighting that one for sure.

Feedback Score
    I would go straight to the Better Business Bureau. It takes about the same degree of effort to fill out the form as it does to contact Corporate, which you can't do today anyway. But tomorrow, contact Corporate also.

I'm pretty sure that something will happen. I've had good BBB results and also Corporate if the issue is obvious.

Feedback Score
    ^^^^^ This.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribby1 View Post
    Does anyone (besides myself) see anything wrong with this?
    I would have expected a new phone, with at least 11 months of warranty.
    Sadly standard across most industries.

You will not get an new device to replace a used on whether it's 2 days old or 11 months old. A used device is replaced by another used device.

In some cases you get the remainder of the original warranty, but in many others it's a one shot deal. Once you use the original warranty it's done and only get the warranty of the replacement.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Sadly standard across most industries.

You will not get an new device to replace a used on whether it's 2 days old or 11 months old. A used device is replaced by another used device.

In some cases you get the remainder of the original warranty, but in many others it's a one shot deal. Once you use the original warranty it's done and only get the warranty of the replacement.
    I kinda ran into this with my Logitech G930 headset which had a three year warranty. They broke about two years after getting them. I got them replaced via the warranty. They sent me a brand new set. Then the replacement only lasted about two years too, and I tried to get them replaced since I thought the warranty got reset since they sent a new pair. Here was the issue. They went with the date of the original G930, and not the replacement G930. So I had to buy a new headset.

So the warranty is really up to the company on how they do things.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    You can't expect a brand new phone since you are returning a used phone. Do you understand the logic of that ? That is not unusual with any cellular phone manufacturer or cellular provider warranty process. It would also be the same with most defective televisions under warranty. Do yourself a favor and keep a log of what/when/who you spoke with as a followup should there be any new issues after 90 days.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    The only reason they send a reconditioned is because there is a pile of them that they want to get rid of. I doubt that a new phone would cost significantly more, but it sure would make customers happy instead of pissed off. Tracfone doesn't seem to care about that aspect of customer service or its reputation. Customers are easy come, easy go.

Why are there so many smartphone refurbs in the first place? If the smartphone defect rate is so high, why is that tolerated? You can find lots of refurbs for sale. I got one free (with a plan) from Tracfone, and it was so bad that I was actually offended that they sent that thing to me. The stock comes from some outfit in Texas (?) that is like a phone rehab place. I wish Tracfone could see what they send to people.

I know some refurbs are good, but some aren't. I guess it depends if it's a factory second (clean, good) or a phone that got returned (not too appetizing).

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    They went with the date of the original G930, and not the replacement G930.
    I've seen that a few times too though the other is becoming more and more common.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    .......They went with the date of the original G930, and not the replacement G930. So I had to buy a new headset.
    The reason is simple. Potential scammers could then conveniently file a new warranty issue every two years to perpetually get a new set of headphones with another 3 year warranty in your example. The manufacturer only provides warranty from the date of the original purchase and the warranty is not renewed when a warranty replacement is sent. It would be too costly for them otherwise.
    Last edited by veriztd; 01-12-2020 at 08:28 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Yep, you'll get a used device to replace a used device. TF can't be expected to have a supply of phones that were used exactly the same number of months as the one sent in. If you send in one that was used for 11 months, you might get one back that was used only a week before the owner changed his/her mind and returned it. It's the luck of the draw.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    The reason is simple. Potential scammers could then conveniently file a new warranty issue every two years to perpetually get a new set of headphones with another 3 year warranty in your example. The manufacturer only provides warranty from the date of the original purchase and the warranty is not renewed when a warranty replacement is sent. It would be too costly for them otherwise.
    I know what you are talking about, but if you look up the Logitech G930, they are known to break too easily. I have had three different sets of G930 that broke. The latest one that I bought was a refurb set because it sounded like the refurb ones was fixed so they would not break. Come to find out that after a year and half of using them, they broke too. So I have two broken G930. Luckily, the refurb set was able to glue them back together, but they broke somewhere else a few months later.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I have used countless refurb phones from tracfone and only had to return one for replacement and they actually sent me a new in clamshell to replace it. Of course most fefurbs were in the nickel and dime phones way back when, but I often buy a refurb smart phone as back-up to LG Rebel 3 or 4. Always cheaper and I have always had good luck with them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribby1 View Post
    Hi;

So I sent back my (bought new from TF) 1-month old Moto G6 that still had approximately 11 months of warranty remaining.
    This is the phone on which the BlueTooth stopped working.

TF replaced it with a refurbished G6 that has a 90-day warranty sticker on the outside of the box.

Does anyone (besides myself) see anything wrong with this?
    I would have expected a new phone, with at least 11 months of warranty.

Thank you.
    While some members here think a refurb is all you're entitled to, I'd still file a complaint with the BBB if I were in your shoes.
    I wouldn't settle for a refurb on a new phone I bought a month ago. That's just me.
    You have nothing to lose by filing a complaint & can be done easily online.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
    While some members here think a refurb is all you're entitled to, I'd still file a complaint with the BBB if I were in your shoes.
    I wouldn't settle for a refurb on a new phone I bought a month ago. That's just me.
    You have nothing to lose by filing a complaint & can be done easily online.
    No argument with that. I am less optimistic that it will make a difference, but it won't hurt anything to try.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
    I wouldn't settle for a refurb on a new phone I bought a month ago.
    Where would the decide a new phone is no longer new?

After a month of use? Two? Six?

If you were buying a new phone how much use would you accept as a returned phone being sold to you as new?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast