Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: TF Moto G6 Bluetooth quit working

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone ATT GSM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribby1 View Post
    Hi;

Just an idea...

With my old LG L33L phone, I would sometime remove the battery to fix hardware issues.
    This is different from performing any type of software reset (soft, factory, etc.) because removing power actually restores (hardware latched) circuits that a software reset cannot.

So, as the Moto G6 does not have a removable battery, does anyone know of a method of physically removing power from the phone?
    I have thought about just leaving it running (without a charger connected) until the phone dies.

Thank you,
    That's a great phone. I bought several of them from HSN. No TF ATT GSM phones around anymore.

Feedback Score
    The Bluetooth on the Moto is probably toast. It might have burned out the last time it got the stress of powering up. You just got unlucky. It sucks. But in a very short time you will be back in business with a new phone.

By the way, I have discovered that Android 9 does not show the Bluetooth icon when it is on. Apparently, the nerds were offended by having to look at it when they leave it on all the time. The majority of people like me are not nerds and likely would prefer the heads-up. Just my humble opinion.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    By the way, I have discovered that Android 9 does not show the Bluetooth icon when it is on.
    My Moto G5+ (Oreo) does show the Bluetooth icon in the Status bar, but not the Location icon. That really sucks, as GPS can be a big battery drain.
    Last edited by loboheeler; 12-31-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    By the way, I have discovered that Android 9 does not show the Bluetooth icon when it is on.
    My LG G6 running Android 9 does show the Bluetooth icon when it's on.

Name:  LG-G6-Screenshot-2019-12-31.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  23.4 KB

Feedback Score
    That's good. It must be a Moto dumb thing then. I had Googled it when I was worried that something was wrong when the 9 update came through. But it was supposed to be that way missing. Then there was another update later, and I was hoping that they had at least put an option about it, but no go.

Feedback Score
    That's good. It must be a Moto dumb thing then. I had Googled it when I was worried that something was wrong when the 9 update came through. But it was supposed to be that way missing. Then there was another update later, and I was hoping that they had at least put an option about it, but no go.
    Did the G6 show the Bluetooth icon before the 9.0 upgrade? Usually things like that are in the original firmware, and not dependent on the the OS.

Feedback Score
    I think it showed before. The 9 icons were reconfigured into a supposedly notch-friendly arrangement. The time moved all the way to the left. And I'm pretty sure the Bluetooth icon was sacrificed because of the nerds and also to free up space. The middle seems to be a no-man's-land for a notch. I think that's what they did. I did some reading about it because it bothered me. I'm pretty sure I messed around with the Bluetooth for the months before 9 and noticed the difference. I was transferring wallpapers and ringtones from the Moto G5+ which is actually my main phone. This one is a Moto G6 Play. It was on 8 for a long time until Moto came through with the promised update. The famous update that caused screw-ups. I could be mistaken though.

Feedback Score
    On my Moto X4 that is running 9, the bluetooth icon only appears when BT is on AND something is actually connected. Otherwise, it could be on but no icon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    On my Moto X4 that is running 9, the bluetooth icon only appears when BT is on AND something is actually connected. Otherwise, it could be on but no icon.
    Aha, that is the same for my Location icon as well. Some app that uses it has to be on.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My Samsung phones does not show the bluetooth icon till something is connected to it. I have not checked to my G7 Optimo Maxx tho.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Since most people leave BT on all the time not much reason to show it if not connected. Just a useless icon.

Same with location. Only if something is actively using location services does it make sense to shoe the icon.

Pull down to see the status of functions like BT/location.

Personally I'd put WiFi in the same category. I don't need an icon telling me WiFi is on but not connected. Just indicate when it's connected.

The Pie ROM I'm using may do that. I don't recall for sure and I'm not turning off my router to test. I'll try to remember to check/update this when I leave.

Feedback Score
    The Bluetooth on the Moto is probably toast.
    I agree 100%.

Since the phone is going back, I am kind of enjoying playing with all the tools, etc. in an attempt to learn, and maybe get the BT working again, before the return shipping label arrives.

Just as a side note, I think my BT notification icon was illuminating (when the BT was working the first three weeks) whenever the BT transceiver was switched on. Didn't matter if it was actually paired with anything.

I have gone ahead an used a BYOP 3-in-1 cutout to put my G6 (BYOP) nano sim back into my old LG L33L (micro sim).
    Old LG is once again working fine, now I'm just waiting for the return shipping label.

Thanks again for all your help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Since most people leave BT on all the time not much reason to show it if not connected. Just a useless icon.

Same with location. Only if something is actively using location services does it make sense to shoe the icon.

Pull down to see the status of functions like BT/location.

Personally I'd put WiFi in the same category. I don't need an icon telling me WiFi is on but not connected. Just indicate when it's connected.

The Pie ROM I'm using may do that. I don't recall for sure and I'm not turning off my router to test. I'll try to remember to check/update this when I leave.
    If I have both of my phones in the car, the one that is not connected to BT has the icon dimmed. Otherwise, it's never shown when connected. At least not that I'm aware.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    If I have both of my phones in the car, the one that is not connected to BT has the icon dimmed. Otherwise, it's never shown when connected. At least not that I'm aware.
    Well I get an icon when I'm connected to most audio devices. Car, BT speakers, AV receiver, headphones.

But not my watch, though maybe I turned it off somehow, I don't think so though.

Which is fine as my watch is always connected.

I only need to know when the not constant devices are connected.
    Last edited by ST Dog; 01-02-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Feedback Score
    Hi;

So I sent back my (bought new from TF) 1-month old Moto G6 that still had approximately 11 months of warranty remaining.
    This is the phone on which the BlueTooth stopped working.

TF replaced it with a refurbished G6 that has a 90-day warranty sticker on the outside of the box.

Does anyone (besides myself) see anything wrong with this?
    I would have expected a new phone, with at least 11 months of warranty.

Thank you.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast