Thread: Best plans for testing out service

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Best plans for testing out service

I currently don't have AT&T or T-Mobile but would like to test their data speeds... what would be the best way to test out the full speeds of these providers? T-Mobile test drive will not work here because my address is already listed as a customer? I've never had T-mobile directly.. suggestions on what to use to try out AT&T and T-Mobile at full tower speeds?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus (this month anyway)
    Feedback Score
    Buy a preloaded H2O SIM card on eBay for $9. That will give you a month of the $30 plan with unlimited data throttled after 2GB.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    What is the reason that it matters that there is already a T-Mo customer at your address? Just wondering.

To test T-Mo data speeds, you could get a T-Mobile Prepaid plan, such as 2GB for $10 or 6GB for $25 from https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid-internet.

Another option would be to try Mint Mobile. The trial plans were much cheaper last month (see: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...n-(fka-eBates)), but you could still try 3 months with 8GB/mo for $28.99 (+applicable sales tax?) (or less with offer) total for all 3 months from https://www.ebay.com/p/11031744200.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Buy a preloaded H2O SIM card on eBay for $9. That will give you a month of the $30 plan with unlimited data throttled after 2GB.
    And do the same with A T-Mobile preloaded that should be $15-20 with 6gb or 10gb. Plan for a month.

If you’re thinking about an MVNO, I might see if there’s a preloaded SIM option for that MVNO since they are sometimes operated at a lower priority during peak times.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    What is the reason that it matters that there is already a T-Mo customer at your address? Just wondering.

To test T-Mo data speeds, you could get a T-Mobile Prepaid plan, such as 2GB for $10 or 6GB for $25 from https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid-internet.

Another option would be to try Mint Mobile. The trial plans were much cheaper last month (see: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...n-(fka-eBates)), but you could still try 3 months with 8GB/mo for $28.99 (+applicable sales tax?) (or less with offer) total for all 3 months from https://www.ebay.com/p/11031744200.
    It matters because they will not send out the free 30 days 30gb service to test T-Mobile because they detect that someone has or had an account with them now or in the past...

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    H2O is not a good choice for AT&T because they throttle their LTE to 8 Mbps max.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Cricket might be a better option for the OP since they are owned and use the At&t network.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Lumia 635, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    H2O is not a good choice for AT&T because they throttle their LTE to 8 Mbps max.
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Cricket might be a better option for the OP since they are owned and use the At&t network.
    Or, buy an AT&T Prepaid preloaded SIM card on eBay.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Isn't Cricket throttled to 3 or 8 Mbps depending on the plan? The OP was looking for something to check the full speed of AT&T and T-Mo.

How about a Tracfone $15, 30 day service card and a $1 Tracfone SIM kit? The SIM kit would include AT&T and T-Mo. You can check one then transfer service to the other SIM to check both.

The carriers do not throttle data speed to Tracfone that we know of.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Just a suggestion.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Red Pocket is running a special on their 30 day plans. 500/500/500 on any of the big 4 networks for $5.00 (Sim & shipping included))