Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: reddit visiblepartypay site very sensitive?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    174
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    reddit visiblepartypay site very sensitive?

    OK. I posted to this reddit site about visible saying my phone not being compatible with their service, even though it says right on their site that it is. It's a Moto G 7 Power.

    I also mentioned that I had a hard time connecting with their chat support and asked if that was the only way to get help.

    Lo and behold the next poster insinuated I was a "tool" and asked if I had even ordered a sim card to try. I said why would I order a sim card if they tell me my phone is not compatible.

    The next poster gets on me for saying I had a hard time with their online support chat feature.

    And to top it off my post was removed by a moderator for some crazy reason. I'll paste it below:


    Sorry, this post has been removed by the moderators of r/VisiblePartyPay.
    Moderators remove posts from feeds for a variety of reasons, including keeping communities safe, civil, and true to their purpose.

    Apparently the reddit visiblepartypay site is very sensitive.......

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    511
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
    OK. I posted to this reddit site about visible saying my phone not being compatible with their service, even though it says right on their site that it is. It's a Moto G 7 Power.

    I also mentioned that I had a hard time connecting with their chat support and asked if that was the only way to get help.

    Lo and behold the next poster insinuated I was a "tool" and asked if I had even ordered a sim card to try. I said why would I order a sim card if they tell me my phone is not compatible.

    The next poster gets on me for saying I had a hard time with their online support chat feature.

    And to top it off my post was removed by a moderator for some crazy reason. I'll paste it below:


    Sorry, this post has been removed by the moderators of r/VisiblePartyPay.
    Moderators remove posts from feeds for a variety of reasons, including keeping communities safe, civil, and true to their purpose.

    Apparently the reddit visiblepartypay site is very sensitive.......
    Was probably removed because you posted it in the wrong subforum. The party pay forum is just for people who are looking to join a party, post it in r/visible and you will find more people to help.

    As far as your issue, can't help, don't use visible, nor are familiar with a lot of what they do, they do intrigue me though. I do though know how Reddit is, and how mods react to posts in the wrong sub. The last line of their response "true to their purpose" is likely why the post was removed. The r/visible sub had people bashing visible all over it, so I doubt it was a sensitivity issue at all.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    174
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Was probably removed because you posted it in the wrong subforum. The party pay forum is just for people who are looking to join a party, post it in r/visible and you will find more people to help.

    As far as your issue, can't help, don't use visible, nor are familiar with a lot of what they do, they do intrigue me though. I do though know how Reddit is, and how mods react to posts in the wrong sub. The last line of their response "true to their purpose" is likely why the post was removed. The r/visible sub had people bashing visible all over it, so I doubt it was a sensitivity issue at all.
    Thanks. I guess maybe it is me who is too sensitive.

    I've been posting for years to various forums under many user names, and to my knowledge have never once had a post removed. I try to always be respectful and courteous when I post.

    I think I'll pass on Visible......

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    511
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
    Thanks. I guess maybe it is me who is too sensitive.

    I've been posting for years to various forums under many user names, and to my knowledge have never once had a post removed. I try to always be respectful and courteous when I post.

    I think I'll pass on Visible......
    Understandable. Even being respectful though if a post is in a wrong sub, it will be removed. A classic example is in the r/nocontract sub. It's basically a prepaid subforum to talk about various prepaid providers, but, some people confuse it with no contact which is a sub about avoiding your ex and not having contact with them. So every once in a while you will see a very respectful, heartfelt post from people looking for help on how to best handle not seeing their ex's. The mods always remove these posts, because they are in the wrong sub forum. I wouldn't take it personally, you just had some overzealous clown respond to your post, on Reddit this is common, but I would 100% bet the reason for removal was it was just in the wrong sub.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    174
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Understandable. Even being respectful though if a post is in a wrong sub, it will be removed. A classic example is in the r/nocontract sub. It's basically a prepaid subforum to talk about various prepaid providers, but, some people confuse it with no contact which is a sub about avoiding your ex and not having contact with them. So every once in a while you will see a very respectful, heartfelt post from people looking for help on how to best handle not seeing their ex's. The mods always remove these posts, because they are in the wrong sub forum. I wouldn't take it personally, you just had some overzealous clown respond to your post, on Reddit this is common, but I would 100% bet the reason for removal was it was just in the wrong sub.
    Thank you. Just not understanding why they wouldn't just move it to the correct forum? Isn't that what forum moderators usually do when someone posts to the wrong forum? Sometimes, and with reddit in particular, it's hard to determine which forum is the correct one. That's why I assumed a moderator would move it to the correct forum if needed.

    Again, probably just me being too sensitive. Thanks for your opinion.....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    511
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
    Thank you. Just not understanding why they wouldn't just move it to the correct forum? Isn't that what forum moderators usually do when someone posts to the wrong forum? Sometimes, and with reddit in particular, it's hard to determine which forum is the correct one. That's why I assumed a moderator would move it to the correct forum if needed.

    Again, probably just me being too sensitive. Thanks for your opinion.....
    Reddit really isn't like a forum like this, where mods have access to all the subforums. On Reddit they don't. A mod from one sub, can't just repost something in a different sub. They only have control of the posts in their specific sub, each sub is a different entity.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    174
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Reddit really isn't like a forum like this, where mods have access to all the subforums. On Reddit they don't. A mod from one sub, can't just repost something in a different sub. They only have control of the posts in their specific sub, each sub is a different entity.
    Gotcha....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    807
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
    Gotcha....
    Yeah, I'd say it's a no-harm-no-foul situation on your part...you may want to search/ask on r/visible as that's where most service-related questions have been and there's a lot of information (I've been hanging out there as I'm trying out Visible on a second number).

    Despite much overlap from those, like hofonewb9 said, it may be different moderators for each. I think r/cricketrefferals was similar in that way...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,059
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
    OK. I posted to this reddit site about visible saying my phone not being compatible with their service, even though it says right on their site that it is. It's a Moto G 7 Power.

    I also mentioned that I had a hard time connecting with their chat support and asked if that was the only way to get help.

    Lo and behold the next poster insinuated I was a "tool" and asked if I had even ordered a sim card to try. I said why would I order a sim card if they tell me my phone is not compatible.

    The next poster gets on me for saying I had a hard time with their online support chat feature.

    And to top it off my post was removed by a moderator for some crazy reason. I'll paste it below:


    Sorry, this post has been removed by the moderators of r/VisiblePartyPay.
    Moderators remove posts from feeds for a variety of reasons, including keeping communities safe, civil, and true to their purpose.

    Apparently the reddit visiblepartypay site is very sensitive.......
    Lotta snowflakes and foil hats in the world.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,059
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
    Thanks. I guess maybe it is me who is too sensitive.

    I've been posting for years to various forums under many user names, and to my knowledge have never once had a post removed. I try to always be respectful and courteous when I post.

    I think I'll pass on Visible......
    I've had it for a couple of days now, to test side by side against T-Mo.

    You're not missing anything. I'll keep going for this month, but it won't take me long to know where I stand. Visible service is horrible where I travel.

    It took me 3-4 months to make a decision on AT&T. And THAT decision was, it's no better or worse overall than T-Mobile--so why pay ten bucks a month more for it AND have a cap on high speed tethering?

    That my Visible decision will come so quickly, especially in light of the price difference, speaks volumes about the lack of value in Visible.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,275
    Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    0

    reddit visiblepartypay site very sensitive?

    OP, if you have any questions, feel free to let me know. I have been a customer with Visible since the beginning of June. Experience with Visible and basically all carriers is all based on location. In my apartment, all 4 carriers struggle with signal but Verizon gets the most stable connection. Visible has been great for me. T-Mobile performs well but not as great as Verizon/Visible. AT&T, unusable most of the day. Sprint, not bad. Better than AT&T.

    Visible is a cloud-based carrier running on Verizon towers. There are 3 data points that all data traffic runs through.

    - New York
    - Colorado
    - California

    My service used to go all over the place but for the past few weeks it has been consistently sticking to the New York data point. Because of that my ping times have significantly decreased and speeds are better. Because of the lower latency, the data feels fast.

    The one thing that will help with performance is this VPN. It’s technically not a VPN but it acts as one on the iPhone. Here’s the app:

    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/1-1-1-...t/id1423538627

    This not only helps with speeds but also removes the 480p video throttle.

    My data has never been unusable. Highest speeds I’ve seen is close to 300 Mbps. I have not experienced speeds below 2 Mbps, as far as I know. I don’t do a lot of tests since I never have issues.

    Hotspot data is also unlimited, at high speed. The site says 5 Mbps but my hotspot data has never been throttled. Months ago they said they would initiate it but never did and I honestly don’t know if they ever will, at least for the time being.

    Hopefully this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

    Edit: I live in Southeast Michigan.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    70
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
    OK. I posted to this reddit site about visible saying my phone not being compatible with their service, even though it says right on their site that it is. It's a Moto G 7 Power.

    I also mentioned that I had a hard time connecting with their chat support and asked if that was the only way to get help.

    Lo and behold the next poster insinuated I was a "tool" and asked if I had even ordered a sim card to try. I said why would I order a sim card if they tell me my phone is not compatible.

    The next poster gets on me for saying I had a hard time with their online support chat feature.

    And to top it off my post was removed by a moderator for some crazy reason. I'll paste it below:


    Sorry, this post has been removed by the moderators of r/VisiblePartyPay.
    Moderators remove posts from feeds for a variety of reasons, including keeping communities safe, civil, and true to their purpose.

    Apparently the reddit visiblepartypay site is very sensitive.......
    I watched the Visible experiment from launch - finally brought two lines over due to $25 Party Pay and various other financial incentives. Their ESN checking function seems to cause as much harm as good. I'm running the service in phones that show "incompatible" on the website tool. I'm willing to start posting on their behalf given the extraordinary financial incentives I've been getting for two months now. If you have access to an assortment of phones you should be able to activate on one and move the SIM card to many others. There was a period where this supposedly "iPhone-centric" service needed to be activated on Android before running more smoothly in a compatible iPhone. Hardware-wise - seemingly any iPhone SE, iPhone 8 or newer model will run the carrier mod needed to keep your signals LTE only. Android manufacturers use so many equipment variations it is not as simple to set up the modifications Visible needs - but many determined users have found a way to use the SIM once activation is over and done with.

    Dan

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CMA003 (Chicagoland)
    Posts
    2,701
    Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
    Thank you. Just not understanding why they wouldn't just move it to the correct forum? Isn't that what forum moderators usually do when someone posts to the wrong forum? Sometimes, and with reddit in particular, it's hard to determine which forum is the correct one. That's why I assumed a moderator would move it to the correct forum if needed.

    Again, probably just me being too sensitive. Thanks for your opinion.....
    Reddit is cancer.

    A bunch of basement dwellers reigning over their tiny little fiefdoms with an iron fist.

    It’s a hive mind taken to the next level. You either have to lurk in a subreddit for weeks to figure out the correct thoughts or be banned. It’s the digital equivalent of traveling to North Korea or Iran, only do it if you have some business need then get the hell out.

    Just come to HoFo for real open discussion where the mods are generally reasonable and you can have an opinion that everyone else disagrees with to boot.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    511
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Reddit is cancer.

    A bunch of basement dwellers reigning over their tiny little fiefdoms with an iron fist.

    It’s a hive mind taken to the next level. You either have to lurk in a subreddit for weeks to figure out the correct thoughts or be banned. It’s the digital equivalent of traveling to North Korea or Iran, only do it if you have some business need then get the hell out.

    Just come to HoFo for real open discussion where the mods are generally reasonable and you can have an opinion that everyone else disagrees with to boot.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    While I agree reddit has some issues, it's generally a better place to get information due to just its larger base. Forum boards such as these are generally only popular with a certain age bracket (generally an older crowd, ones that grew up with forum boards) and the number of people who use them is declining. I don't overly like reddit's karma system, and have issues with some of the things they do, but, to have a conversation with a large group, and to find relevant information asap, reddit is hard to beat.

Similar Threads

  1. JASJAR metal cover very sensitive
    By hberbout123 in forum Windows Mobile (Before 7)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-10-2005, 08:42 PM
  2. D500 is very sensitive
    By Smoking-Red in forum Samsung
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 09:46 AM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 07:07 PM
  4. Site very slow lately
    By Frank2865 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2004, 02:47 PM
  5. Site down or site very slow
    By cmc0 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-01-2003, 05:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks