Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What happens to cash balance when switching from Paygo to monthly plan?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    Yes, will use cash balance first to renew plan.

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app
    I always thought that like on some other carriers you need to go into your account to do a transaction to use your cash balance to renew you monthly plan. Surprised that PP would automatically renew a monthly plan when it's due using available cash balance and no interruption. I'm on PayGo but at a point where the $12 monthly may be better. My hesitation on the monthly is not wanting to go in every month to renew it, and not wanting to be on auto-pay (I'm not a trusting person). Adding a $50 PayGo/Cash card every 120 days if it would automatically renew a monthly $12 every month would give me the $12 benefits and I'd still only have to add more $ every 120 days like I do now.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The auto renew has always been automatic.

One caveat is that while you have a balance that can pay for your monthly plan, you can't take advantage of their discount for auto renewing ($29 plan is $27).

Not a big concern but something to note.

By the way, when you converted from 3g to lte, did your balance multiply? Mines did, my balance went from about $150 to about $700. I was concerned they might correct it so I signed up for the monthly plan to deplete it.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I always thought that like on some other carriers you need to go into your account to do a transaction to use your cash balance to renew you monthly plan. Surprised that PP would automatically renew a monthly plan when it's due using available cash balance and no interruption. I'm on PayGo but at a point where the $12 monthly may be better. My hesitation on the monthly is not wanting to go in every month to renew it, and not wanting to be on auto-pay (I'm not a trusting person). Adding a $50 PayGo/Cash card every 120 days if it would automatically renew a monthly $12 every month would give me the $12 benefits and I'd still only have to add more $ every 120 days like I do now.
    Unless something has changed, historically on PPC, if there was enough of a cash balance, the current active plan renewed out of the available cash balance.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    The auto renew has always been automatic.

One caveat is that while you have a balance that can pay for your monthly plan, you can't take advantage of their discount for auto renewing ($29 plan is $27).

Not a big concern but something to note.

By the way, when you converted from 3g to lte, did your balance multiply? Mines did, my balance went from about $150 to about $700. I was concerned they might correct it so I signed up for the monthly plan to deplete it.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app
    My balance did not increase.
    I was just glad it was actually correct after the changes. Lol

Feedback Score
    Just to confirm and get clarity, vs what PP tells me. This assumes I change my PayGo/cash balance to the $12 plan, and always have adequate cash balance.

1. Initially it will take the funds from my cash balance; will it "automatically" renew using the cash balance ? Some PP reps say yes, some say no I need to contact them every month.

2. If I run out of the 500 minutes before the end of the plan month, it takes per minute from my cash balance at the overage rates till the end of the plan month?

3. If I stack pins, it "automatically" renews from the stacked pin? (I don't need to go online to apply it)

4. If I run out of 500 min before the end of the plan period, it won't automatically take the next pin; I'd need to contact them to early apply a stacked pin, or just allow #2 above ?

5. If I run out of the 500 min does the account still stay active till the end of the plan period and assuming I don't have a cash balance for overages?

6. If I stack pins, do I just buy the (online) all at the same time when I do an online plan purchase ?

Just trying to understand any possibilities or catches. I want to avoid autopay, but like not having to go into my account every month to apply something. With Paygo it's been nice only having to remember doing something every 120 days.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Since you haven't gotten any responses, here are mine:
    1. Based on the way it used to work, and hopefully still does, you can contact a CSR to start the desired PPC plan using a portion of your cash balance, and when that plan ends, if there is a sufficient cash balance, the existing plan will automatically renew out of that cash balance.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes, that's the way it worked the last I knew.
    4. Yes, that's the way it worked the last I knew.
    5. Yes, that's the way it worked the last I knew.
    6. Yes, that's the way it worked the last I knew.

Feedback Score
    Thanks @Boz ! Greatly appreciated.
    I was mainly concerned with #1 since I was told twice yes and once no by CSRs, but we know how that is. I'll reconfirm with them a couple more times; the one No was likely someone still not trained. I'm adverse to do autopay with anything and have my CC info on file. Just having a 3-4 month cash and have it auto renew without my having to do anything would work best; or just stacking a couple pins.
    It's for my mom who had a landline and rarely used the cell. $10 PayGo's even had built up a balance over the years. She's in a nursing home now so it will be her only phone. I'll just have to watch how much she may need now and what plan works best.
    Thanks again!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Since you haven't gotten any responses, here are mine:
    1. Based on the way it used to work, and hopefully still does, you can contact a CSR to start the desired PPC plan using a portion of your cash balance, and when that plan ends, if there is a sufficient cash balance, the existing plan will automatically renew out of that cash balance.
    Still determining my options and #1 was the way I wanted to go. Now all CSRs I chatted with say yes the monthly plans will automatically renew from your cash balance as long as there's enough there to cover it. BUT now they're also saying in order for that to work I need to sign up for AutoPay with a Credit or Debit card. Makes no sense. So is it that it first takes from your cash balance and if not enough there it takes from your CC, so it needs autopay setup to even just take from cash? Or can you pick from where, when you setup autopay?
    Could defeat my desire to avoid a CC on file with anyone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    You don't have to sign up for autopay. Just keep adding funds to the balance as desired to fund your current plan. But don't forget to add a pin/funds every 4 months before the expiration date. Even if you have funds, they will expire it.

I speak from experience as I was doing that for several years.

Feedback Score
    You don't have to sign up for autopay. Just keep adding funds to the balance as desired to fund your current plan. But don't forget to add a pin/funds every 4 months before the expiration date. Even if you have funds, they will expire it.

I speak from experience as I was doing that for several years.

Thanks for the reply. Nice to get real user experience here vs what CSRs say. So it will Automatically renew as long as the cash funds are maintained; and I don't need to go into my account every month to make it happen?
    As I mentioned, the last 3 CSRs I chatted with said I must sign up for AutoPay for that to work. Maybe a ploy to have your CC on file.
    Maybe the best alternative to be safe is just stack pins and keep up the cash for overages. Thanks again.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Unless things have changed, that's the way it worked for me.

You do have to put money in every 3-4 months if you are only refilling with a 10$ pin though. But if you put an 80$ pin in, it lasts for a year

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Update
    The number I switched from Paygo to the $12 plan did renew from the cash balance today. I did not have to do anything to get it to renew, except have enough money in my balance to pay for the plan.
    HTH

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rgg View Post
    Update
    The number I switched from Paygo to the $12 plan did renew from the cash balance today. I did not have to do anything to get it to renew, except have enough money in my balance to pay for the plan.
    HTH
    Thanks for the report. It's good to have confirmation that the old way still works with the TF-owned PPC!

Feedback Score
    @rgg,,,,Great! Can you confirm you didn't need to sign up for autopay for it to work?
    New week, new CSRs I guess. Unlike last week, now they are telling me that to auto renew from your cash balance YOU DO NOT need to be signed up for autopay. Also, I never asked before, but they say that even if you stack pins; it will first take from your cash balance if funds are there before using your next pin.

Also, and maybe this is known by you all but I'll throw it out there. You only need to contact them to go from the standard plan to a monthly if you want to use your cash to kick off the initial month. If you don't want to fund the initial month with your cash, you only need to add a monthly pin and it will start your first month immediately and leave your cash alone.

BUT one CSR said that by doing that, your cash balance will change from the 120 validity to 3 months, until you add more and make it 120 days again. I don't know if they meant 3 month even if your cash due date is a month away, kind of a bonus(?) Maybe someone here can clarify that.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I did not have to sign up for autopay to get the plan to renew.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2