Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Android 10, Not receiving missed google voice call notifications

Android 10
    google voice version: 2019.49.286273743
    Airplane mode? Doesn't matter, same behavior

Device configured for carrier calling (in the gv app). Call to gv is not answered.

Situation 1) airplane mode - expected behavior is to receive a missed call notification in the status bar and sound alert to be made.

Situation 2) airplane mode off - missed call alert from native phone app ONLY if the caller stays on the line long enough for the call to actually be forwarded to the cell phone. If the caller calls and hangs up immediately then no missed call alert.

On android 9, missed call alerts from gv app were present in both scenarios.

-----------
    GV set for data calling - missed call alerts properly show up.

I realize this is in part by design, but the wrench in the wheel is airplane mode. In android 9, app properly recognized this and provided notifications, not so in android 10.

Anyone else notice this and figure out a fix?

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Update. Apparently this is by design. My android 9 device is set to receive data calls, so gv takes over entirely.

The android 10 device is set up to receive carrier calls, so under normal operating conditions, the stock dialer would provide the missed call notification. Airplane mode with wifi on is a unique scenario.

I would expect gv to recognize the device is in airplane mode - after all, it still receives text messages. So why not provide an alert for missed call. I suppose on the flip side, the alert comes in indirectly. Email makes a noise if a call is missed (missed call/voicemail email alert), and the gv app will make a noise if a vm is left (even in airplane mode!).