Thread: Canadian operators and the pricing

Feedback Score

Canadian operators and the pricing

Hello,

You know that the prices in the US are mutch better then yours. You also know that we have fi. Would you switch to Fi in the future and ditch your canadian operator?

Some peple really did this

https://canadiankilometers.boardinga...canada-review/

I can understand it. If I would be a canadian person I also would do it. I would only use fi and nothing else.

The Simcards are easy to get

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...nkw=Google+fi+

The prices are totally crazy.

https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/prepaid/plans

Imagine every Canadian person would switch to Fi what would they do?
    Last edited by thurr; 12-25-2019 at 06:04 AM.

Feedback Score
    It's a great idea, we all know Canada is a ripoff. Everything in Canada is the maximum price you can get for it versus other economies where they want the maximum number of clients.

Take Air Canada for example. A flight from Toronto to Montreal, two of our biggest and closest cities... How much do you think that would cost round trip... $249? $399? ... try $689 (off peak). The plane wasn't even half full in either direction. This is the economy of Canada. Rather than fill the seats and the spin off of actually moving people between your two supposed 'economic power houses' quickly you'd rater them empty at maximum price.

Flights in EU? $60. Flights in America? $99. Look how much better they're doing.

Back to the topic of Google Fi. I might try that one day.

Feedback Score
    Do it and say bb Roger's telus etc..

Device(s)
    i576, i355, i700+
    Carrier(s)
    MiKE
    Feedback Score
    The only problem with Google Fi is a non-local number. In the US this has become normal, but in Canada it is not.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Local calling is still a thing?

I haven't had to pay attention to that in Canada for I don't even know how long. Even the last 4-5 years I haven't had to pay attention to that even calling the US...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jcalder View Post

I haven't had to pay attention to that in Canada for I don't even know how long. Even the last 4-5 years I haven't had to pay attention to that even calling the US...

I'll still need to pay attention when calling a US number (our so called biggest trading partner) otherwise on a half hour call I'll end up with another $50 on my bill. Yay Canaduh.

You could always *try* and go data only with a VoIP app, you'd just have to make sure the jitter buffer is sufficient to deal with the jitter in packet delivery.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Yes, it's "still a thing".

I have a young child in school and in case of an emergency school officials must be able to reach me by a local number without incurring long distance charges.

I have a serious health issue and my doctor and hospital nurses must be able to reach me by a local number without incurring long distance charges.

I have elderly parents who must be able to reach me by a local number without incurring long distance charges.

There are hundreds of other reasons.

There are many people like me.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TadMorose; 01-27-2020 at 12:23 PM.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Yes, it's "still a thing".

I have a young child in school and in case of an emergency school officials must be able to reach me by a local number without incurring long distance charges.

I have a serious health issue and my doctor and hospital nurses must be able to reach me by a local number without incurring long distance charges.

I have elderly parents who must be able to reach me by a local number without incurring long distance charges.

There are hundreds of other reasons.

There are many people like me.

It took you an entire month to get this triggered over my question?

In any event my post was put up with tongue firmly planted in cheek, but I'd never expect you to catch onto that as you're a pretty crusty fellow. I know local calling still exists. Thanks for clearing up the reasons why though.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @Class View Post
    I'll still need to pay attention when calling a US number (our so called biggest trading partner) otherwise on a half hour call I'll end up with another $50 on my bill. Yay Canaduh.

You could always *try* and go data only with a VoIP app, you'd just have to make sure the jitter buffer is sufficient to deal with the jitter in packet delivery.
    That's why I jumped on the Canada-US plans. Most of our customers are from the US and I was racking up rather large long distance bills calling them. The roaming is just an added bonus.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It took you an entire month to get this triggered over my question?

In any event my post was put up with tongue firmly planted in cheek, but I'd never expect you to catch onto that as you're a pretty crusty fellow. I know local calling still exists. Thanks for clearing up the reasons why though.
    I usually don't read Bell forum, so I didn't see your post until yesterday.

Feedback Score
    please be nice in here guys... no taunting or threats.

everyones' needs are different. Some need local calling.
    Others are fine with long distance. Most plans are long distance anyhow.
    But I can see carriers charging extra for long distance... as they did with data.
    Data is still super expensive in Canada, compared to the rest of the world.