Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to replace old flip with iPhone 6+

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

How to replace old flip with iPhone 6+

I havve an iPhone 6+ that I had previously used on my Verizon account. I replaced it with an iPhone X about a year ago. My mom has an old flip phone on PP that I would like to upgrade to the 6+.
    How is the best way to go about this?
    I assume I will need a new SIM card for the 6+. Can I just buy a Tracfone SIM at the store, or should I order a PP SIM online?
    The chat rep at PP said I could transfer the balance on my flip Paygo account over to buy monthly plans. Mom never used many minutes, so there is about $200 on that number. Would that just pay for however many months of the monthly plan I pick?

Thanks for any help. I have been with PP for my mom and husband for years, but I haven't had to change anything in a long time, so I am out of the loop and can really use some help.

Feedback Score
    Assuming the iPhone is unlocked. Yes you can use a TF/Vzw BYOP sim.
    If the PayGo has been fine for what she uses, PP has the same PayGo on 4G as 3G. But of course since she'll now have that new phone she may be using data where a monthly plan will benefit. Don't know how the $200 is charged off....someone on here will know.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Page plus will use the cash balance first after you change to a monthly plan.

With any luck your balance might even multiply after converting to lte.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Is there a way to make sure I get a Verizon TF SIM, at like Target?

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Good to know. I will have to look at the minutes and see what seems best. I don’t think much data will be used, but more texting.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rgg View Post
    Make sure you ask the store rep and double check that you get the correct SIM.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Usually what they sell is a Kit with sims for all 3 networks (Vzw, ATT, TM). Just use the vzw one in the kit. It'll be labeled.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think you could use a BYOP SIM from Total Wireless kit which would be a Verizon SIM for sure. Most of the Tracfone brands use the same SIM cards for each of the tower systems. Hopefully you will understand that.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Usually what they sell is a Kit with sims for all 3 networks (Vzw, ATT, TM). Just use the vzw one in the kit. It'll be labeled.
    Yeah, I got a TF triple kit thing at Target. It has a number for each of the networks. I wasn’t sure if you had up scan that bar code or not, neither was the clerk, but it would not scan so I figured out that that is just the code I need to use at activation and all they needed to scan was the purchase bar code.
    I will try to do the activation after Xmas. I don’t think today would be a good idea. Lol

Thanks for all the help.

Feedback Score
    I will have to look at the minutes and see what seems best. I don’t think much data will be used, but more texting.
    Texting and data are extra charged items on PayGo plans. Data is especially expensive. You might try the existing plan for a month, then decided if a monthly plan is needed. The iPhone has the potential of more data use like browsing and MMS. Not sure what is in an iPhone to check usage like you can with an Android phone. The $12 ($10 with Auto Refill) monthly plan might be a good choice for not that much more cost than a $25 PayGo plan.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I got a TF triple kit thing at Target. It has a number for each of the networks. I wasn’t sure if you had up scan that bar code or not, neither was the clerk, but it would not scan so I figured out that that is just the code I need to use at activation and all they needed to scan was the purchase bar code.
    I will try to do the activation after Xmas. I don’t think today would be a good idea. Lol

Thanks for all the help.
    I think the number for each network you're referring to on the flap are the SIM numbers you'll find inside the pack on the cards.
    Verizon is clearly marked and the SIM number will begin with 891480 and be 20 digits total.
    Good luck and check back if you run into issues. Everyone here is glad to help.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Texting and data are extra charged items on PayGo plans. Data is especially expensive. You might try the existing plan for a month, then decided if a monthly plan is needed. The iPhone has the potential of more data use like browsing and MMS. Not sure what is in an iPhone to check usage like you can with an Android phone. The $12 ($10 with Auto Refill) monthly plan might be a good choice for not that much more cost than a $25 PayGo plan.
    I was thinking the same, about the $12 plan. I think we will start with that and see how it goes. I can always switch later.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I think the number for each network you're referring to on the flap are the SIM numbers you'll find inside the pack on the cards.
    Verizon is clearly marked and the SIM number will begin with 891480 and be 20 digits total.
    Good luck and check back if you run into issues. Everyone here is glad to help.
    Yep, that’s what I figured must be the case.
    I appreciate all the help. Hopefully it goes well with the transfer.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Update. I was able to activate the iPhone 6+ today. PP seemed to have trouble finding the old phone, but I suspect the agent was inputting the number wrong. He finally found it and everything was transferred over.
    I stayed with paygo for now, just to make the transfer simpler. I can switch to a plan later, if needed.
    The end date for my balance was shifted out to 4/25 from 2/11, probs because of the transfer, but who knows.
    The TF SIM I bought at Target worked just fine, BTW.
    Thanks again for the help.

Feedback Score
    Update. I was able to activate the iPhone 6+ today. PP seemed to have trouble finding the old phone, but I suspect the agent was inputting the number wrong. He finally found it and everything was transferred over.
    I stayed with paygo for now, just to make the transfer simpler. I can switch to a plan later, if needed.
    The end date for my balance was shifted out to 4/25 from 2/11, probs because of the transfer, but who knows.
    The TF SIM I bought at Target worked just fine, BTW.
    Thanks again for the help.

Glad all went well. Did you confirm VoLTE and data working ok?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast