Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Comcast merger?

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    Because you've found that everyone has similar excellent coverage and mobile data network speeds, and that you can easily beat that grandfathered plan with something new from someone else?
    Cheaper options do exist today as it is.

A change of corporate ownership alone isn’t enough to make me port out. That’s my point.

But after reading the comments on Reddit over this story I can see how strongly people feel towards Comcast.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Cheaper options do exist today as it is.

A change of corporate ownership alone isn’t enough to make me port out. That’s my point.
    But a change of corporate ownership to Comcast, on top of watching prices go down and service go up over the years, is plenty enough.

There are SO many choices nowdays. I'm paying $75 for T-Mobile's 55+ with the add-on that gives me lots of international thingies and airline stuff that I don't care at all about, plus unlimited high speed data that includes tethering--that I do care about.

But now there's Visible. If it's true that Visible isn't throttling tethering speeds, and if they don't do it down the road, their $40 is cheaper than $75--for my purposes. Although, I do like being able to tether more than one device.

My point is, there are SO many choices nowadays. It's one thing to stick with a grandfathered plan; it's another to do so blindly. Eventually there comes a straw that breaks that camel's back, and makes one look around; this Comcast thing is a fine example.

So, nobody's saying "all else being equal, I would dump T-Mo because of Comcast". All else has never been less equal than today.

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I brought up this subject in 2017 if some of ya’ll recall as did Terry and a few others.

My opinion: Comcast doesn’t rule my life neither does Deutsche Telekom or SoftBank.

I know Comcast (NBC Universal) has a bad reputation for their cable TV/home internet customer service in the past but there is also some good that could come from a company with the balance sheet, owned media empire and fiber to compete head to head on all fronts (if not best) with ATT/Verizon.

If T-Mobile US continues to provide me with excellent coverage, a faster than average mobile data network and the ability to keep my grandfathered plan why would I leave?

I’d like to think at this point of my life my fickleness has mellowed a bit.

Besides we don’t know if the interest is to merge or be bought out completely assuming the article still has validity.
    I totally agree. Why bail before you see what they are going to actually do? I'm not a fan of Comcast either, but I'm not a fan of any of the other companies that have ripped me off in the past like Verizon and AT&t. I guess in the end of the brings competition to spectrum and AT&t for broadband, then I'm kind of for it.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X505F using HoFo mobile app
    Speeds from my HTC Sensation The last one is Roadrunner-Way to impress, Time Warner

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Could be worse!!!! Frontier could merge with T-Mobile. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Hartford, CT Area

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah at first I was thinking now way do I want anything Comcast, but no reason to bail prematurely. TMobile hasn't been perfect but they have treated me better than any other carrier by far. Tforce fixed a bill issue without question. If that had been att it would have been "that's a valid charge so no we can't remove it"

TMobile still seems to offer good value.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonDoctorJT View Post
    I totally agree. Why bail before you see what they are going to actually do? I'm not a fan of Comcast either, but I'm not a fan of any of the other companies that have ripped me off in the past like Verizon and AT&t. I guess in the end of the brings competition to spectrum and AT&t for broadband, then I'm kind of for it.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X505F using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I totally agree. Why bail before you see what they are going to actually do?
    Because you know what they've done in the past, and you have zero expectation that a leopard can ever change its spots.

It's all about me. I'm not going to wait to see IF they're going to screw around with me; given their track record, there's no question they will. And I won't be around to be screwed with in the first place, not in a world with many, many, MANY more options--most of them good.

The first thing to come back in such a world: below the line fees. Repeat after me: "regulatory cost recovery".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Yeah at first I was thinking now way do I want anything Comcast, but no reason to bail prematurely. TMobile hasn't been perfect but they have treated me better than any other carrier by far. Tforce fixed a bill issue without question. If that had been att it would have been "that's a valid charge so no we can't remove it"

TMobile still seems to offer good value.
    Have you ever been involved in a good company that sold out/was taken over by venture capitalists?

Grow up. Be aware of the world around you. Don't assume all will forever be good. When you see warning signs, prepare yourself.

Feedback Score
    I totally agree. Why bail before you see what they are going to actually do? I'm not a fan of Comcast either, but I'm not a fan of any of the other companies that have ripped me off in the past like Verizon and AT&t.
    There's ZERO requirement that you do business directly with either of those entities.

The world has changed drastically. Let the MVNO do business with the corporations directly; you can do business with the MVNOs. And there are so many of them with so many permutations of product, you're bound to find several that fit your needs perfectly.

It is no longer a world of AT&T, Verizon, T-Mo, and Sprint exclusively with the MVNOs serving the criminals and no credit/off the grid crowds.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Have you ever been involved in a good company that sold out/was taken over by venture capitalists?

Grow up. Be aware of the world around you. Don't assume all will forever be good. When you see warning signs, prepare yourself.
    It could get bad but I wouldn’t bail just yet over a maybe. I could see people bailing if negotiations actually start but I wouldn’t bail yet on a possibility

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

Grow up? What for?

I'd gladly be a kid again that's for sure

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

Comcast merger?

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Grow up? What for?

I'd gladly be a kid again that's for sure
    Me too. Getting old sucks

If things get bad I’ll leave no doubt about it but hopefully it doesn’t
    Last edited by themanhimself; 12-25-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I agree, I'd definitely leave as well.
    Sent from my F1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    The memos were from 2015 projecting possible events in 2018+.

Things have changed so much since then. There's no evidence that a Comcast merger would still be of possible interest to TMUS, nor is there any data from back then saying Comcast was interested.

Aside from that, given how tough this merger has been to get approved, I can't see TMUS wanting to head back for another merger anytime soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    The memos were from 2015 projecting possible events in 2018+.

Things have changed so much since then. There's no evidence that a Comcast merger would still be of possible interest to TMUS, nor is there any data from back then saying Comcast was interested.

Aside from that, given how tough this merger has been to get approved, I can't see TMUS wanting to head back for another merger anytime soon.
    Companies preparing a roadmap years in advance isn't a new concept, also, has their been any part of the documents that tmobilr hasn't followed?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    Could be worse!!!! Frontier could merge with T-Mobile. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    LMAO please no! 🤪

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast