Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Comcast merger?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Does anyone know expansive of a backhaul network Comcast could bring to the table compared to say: Verizon?
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Does anyone know expansive of a backhaul network Comcast could bring to the table compared to say: Verizon?
    Frontier could provide T-Mobile plenty of T1s for 5G if they merge!
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Companies preparing a roadmap years in advance isn't a new concept, also, has their been any part of the documents that tmobilr hasn't followed?
    True. Many companies have 5 year plans. As time, laws and markets change ... So do many plans

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    True. Many companies have 5 year plans. As time, laws and markets change ... So do many plans

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    True,they do, and it's impossible to say for sure what will happen as far as Comcast goes, but, so far TMobile seems to be following the 2015 roadmap step by step. Guess we will see what it leads to.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Companies preparing a roadmap years in advance isn't a new concept, also, has their been any part of the documents that tmobilr hasn't followed?
    shhhh, you'll upset his carefully crafted, fact-free world.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    shhhh, you'll upset his carefully crafted, fact-free world.
    Are you always rude to people?

Feedback Score
    how was I rude to hofonewb9?

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Because you know what they've done in the past, and you have zero expectation that a leopard can ever change its spots.

It's all about me. I'm not going to wait to see IF they're going to screw around with me; given their track record, there's no question they will. And I won't be around to be screwed with in the first place, not in a world with many, many, MANY more options--most of them good.

The first thing to come back in such a world: below the line fees. Repeat after me: "regulatory cost recovery".
    So much this

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256gig (me), iPhone 7 32gig (wife)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Let the MVNO do business with the corporations directly; you can do business with the MVNOs. And there are so many of them with so many permutations of product, you're bound to find several that fit your needs perfectly.
    My wife goes to Europe 2 or 3 times a year for a week or so each, sand is totally uncomfortable changing SIMs; I've yet to find a MVNO with international data and USA phone/data.

I left 2 MVNOs last year for TMo so my wife had seamless capability. We're (well) over 55, and she doesn't need high speed data, so only pay a piddling more than with our MVNOs. I only need monthly perhaps 300 minutes, 300 messages, and 300 meg; she is somewhat higher.

Who would you suggest I investigate for our needs?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gbynum View Post
    ....Who would you suggest I investigate for our needs?
    Google Project Fi
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Comcast contract OIP.pdf

Assuming the above file attached, you will see a Comcast contract that includes virtually all regular channels + internet DL of nearly 200Mbps + HBO + SHO all included --- $85/per condo unit. Each of about a dozen bldgs. surrounding a Miami waterway signed their own contract like our 200+ unit complex. Comcast installed fiber to each bldg. AND to each unit within bldg.
    Never heard Comcast doing anything like this anywhere. Project was completed last year.
    That said, we cut our cable cord w. Comcast at our other home 2+ years ago. We were paying Comcast $79/mo. for a LOW end pkg. (Have internet there from a Google subsidiary - $25/mo. for 150Mbps.

Just reporting - I basically have no love for Comcast.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler View Post
    Comcast contract OIP.pdf

Assuming the above file attached, you will see a Comcast contract that includes virtually all regular channels + internet DL of nearly 200Mbps + HBO + SHO all included --- $85/per condo unit. Each of about a dozen bldgs. surrounding a Miami waterway signed their own contract like our 200+ unit complex. Comcast installed fiber to each bldg. AND to each unit within bldg.
    Never heard Comcast doing anything like this anywhere. Project was completed last year.
    That said, we cut our cable cord w. Comcast at our other home 2+ years ago. We were paying Comcast $79/mo. for a LOW end pkg. (Have internet there from a Google subsidiary - $25/mo. for 150Mbps.

Just reporting - I basically have no love for Comcast.
    Doesnt seem to be able to download or view the contract. How long is the contract for? Generally with Comcast deals (and they carry this practice even into their regular consumer services) you sign a deal with them for a certain amount of time for a certain price point, then after that time frame is up, they month to month you at a higher price point. I personally have nothing against Comcast, I think they could be a very powerful force in wireless even, just saying this is generally how they do their deals.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    In all the years I've been on HoFo, never tried to attach a file. How do you do it? File is about 10 PDF pages 1.4Mb.
    Or can I post a link to my Google docs file?
    I forget whether it's 6 or 7 years.
    The $85 is incl. in HOA dues.

I forget, w.o. re-reading, all the terms. They can raise price 3.5%/yr.

Feedback Score
    In all the years I've been on HoFo, never tried to attach a file. How do you do it?
    I was able to download the file just fine. Came through as a 22 page PDF. Thank you for sharing.

Feedback Score
    In all the years I've been on HoFo, never tried to attach a file. How do you do it? File is about 10 PDF pages 1.4Mb.
    Or can I post a link to my Google docs file?
    I forget whether it's 6 or 7 years.
    The $85 is incl. in HOA dues.

I forget, w.o. re-reading, all the terms. They can raise price 3.5%/yr.
    As for the first part not sure, others appear to be able to download it so maybe its just the app thats stopping me.

That's not terrible actually, especially with them running fiber to each building. I've definitely seen worse Comcast deals.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast