Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: What will a plan b look like if no sprint?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

What will a plan b look like if no sprint?

Curious what tmobile will do if the sprint deal falls through? Will they still be able to compete on 5g?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Curious what tmobile will do if the sprint deal falls through? Will they still be able to compete on 5g?
    No need for Sprint... TMobile only wants it's customers and spectrum.
    Sprint is dead alone...

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    No need for Sprint... TMobile only wants it's customers and spectrum.
    Sprint is dead alone...

Lol, so they only want it for all it's assets, spectrum, 50+ million customers, and around 8b a quarter in revenue, but, they have no need for it. I guess "need" is an objective word. Do they need Sprint to survive? No, they would be fine on their own, just have to spend more and take longer to get where they want, do they need them to achieve their goals sooner? Of course. So I guess the "need" is totally dependant on who is asking and what they are exactly asking.

Feedback Score
    I don't care about 5G. I want T-Mobile to keep expanding coverage because it is still way behind Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    They will have to participate in the CBRS an C-BAND auctions and hope they actually win spectrum. I doubt they win any CBRS but might win about 80-100 MHz of C-BAND if their lucky. Also essentially delays midband 5G rollout by 12-18 months. They could in the meantime use unlicensed 5.9 GHz and unlicensed CBRS but so will everyone else. Dish might be willing to sell spectrum if the deal is killed. But being Dish who knows. T-Mobile could use their 600 MHz spectrum and their band 70 spectrum could also used for 5G. It's 25 MHz on DL and 15 MHz( most areas ) on UL. T-Mobile would be wise to also do deals to buy 600 MHz spectrum from Comcast and all the spectrum speculators. Except for USCC and C-Spire who are unlikely to sell. Also Sprint will slowly back away from being a nationwide carrier to just one in larger markets so as they leave those markets they could buy up Sprints assets. But so can anyone else.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Lol, so they only want it for all it's assets, spectrum, 50+ million customers, and around 8b a quarter in revenue, but, they have no need for it. I guess "need" is an objective word. Do they need Sprint to survive? No, they would be fine on their own, just have to spend more and take longer to get where they want, do they need them to achieve their goals sooner? Of course. So I guess the "need" is totally dependant on who is asking and what they are exactly asking.
    T-Mobile really hates to bring in Sprint customers, they have to change most their headsets for them for free to move to T-Mobile network.

Last edited by veriztd; 12-23-2019 at 04:11 PM. Reason: insult deleted as irrelevant

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Just a reminder, keep the carrier/customer bashing out of the discussion and keep the conversation to the topic of the thread. A few posts have been removed or edited for bashing customers from more than one post. If this persists, I guarantee a thread closure.
    Last edited by veriztd; 12-23-2019 at 04:33 PM.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile really hates to bring in Sprint customers, they have to change most their headsets for them for free to move to T-Mobile network.

Not sure. Dont know how many devices Sprint actually sells that won't support TMobile. The iPhones, galaxy s devices, note devices and pixels all will, some of the older devices may have some issues, but anything bought within the last few years should be good to go. I doubt they hate to bring in the customers, again, they are responsible for bringing in 8b a quarter in revenue. Hard to hate that. I'm sure they will offer those with incompatible handsets a nice incentive to stay with new TMobile.

Feedback Score
    From what I recall, Dish conveniently has a lot of 600Mhz in areas where Tmobile is sort of lacking. Coincidence, or a strategic move by Charlie?

Feedback Score

The combining of companies will actually take 2-3 years. And within that time most of these Sprint customers will have upgraded to new handsets anyway. No one will have to switch devices immediately

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    From what I recall, Dish conveniently has a lot of 600Mhz in areas where Tmobile is sort of lacking. Coincidence, or a strategic move by Charlie?
    Dish won by default where T-Mobile had less interest.

Feedback Score
    TMobile has 84.18 million customers to date. Do they really need Sprint to sustain themselves? I doubt it. Something tells me if they get Sprint those uncarrier deals are going to be curtailed. It will be around for awhile and then TMOBILE is going to cut the program because of cost. It is coming I guarantee it. With 135 million customers it will not work for their bottom line. The cost of keeping up that kind of network will cost billions to maintain. I am sure their Network is being strained with the subscribers they have now.

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    If the states win, they'll be forced to keep down the same path their own.

Is that sustainable, especially without John Legere... I don't know.

I'm just ready for it to be over. I have M&A fatigue.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

What will a plan b look like if no sprint?

Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    If the states win, they'll be forced to keep down the same path their own.

Is that sustainable, especially without John Legere... I don't know.

I'm just ready for it to be over. I have M&A fatigue.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Yeah I’m definitely burned out on it. And if the rumors are true we may have to deal with it all over again with Comcast, which doesn’t sound good. The time I had Comcast their customer service was awful enough to where I want nothing to do with them

Some are saying it would be Comcast basically buying T-Mobile so Comcast would run the show. Sounds bad but this was their plan back in 2015 so it’s possible their plans changed since then and Comcast may not be a part of it now

I am in favor of the T-Mobile sprint deal so hopefully T-Mobile wins in court. Get that out of the way would be nice
    Last edited by themanhimself; 12-24-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Yeah I’m definitely burned out on it. And if the rumors are true we may have to deal with it all over again with Comcast, which doesn’t sound good. The time I had Comcast their customer service was awful enough to where I want nothing to do with them

Some are saying it would be Comcast basically buying T-Mobile so Comcast would run the show. Sounds bad but this was their plan back in 2015 so it’s possible their plans changed since then and Comcast may not be a part of it now

I am in favor of the T-Mobile sprint deal so hopefully T-Mobile wins in court. Get that out of the way would be nice
    Even we are TMobile users , we wish the merger fail.
    The merger is never good for customers. Less competition means less options and high price

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast