Thread: Adding a line by porting a number from a different carrier?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / Play (Poland)
    Feedback Score

Adding a line by porting a number from a different carrier?

Hello

I know I can always add a line to a family plan, but would it be possible to port someone from an individual account owned by them (on Mint Mobile) to an established T-Mobile One plan with 4 lines on it? Are there any technical/legal difficulties in going from the line being owned by person X to that person joining a T-Mobile plan owned by person Y? If so, how can these be overcome?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Barciur View Post
    Are there any technical/legal difficulties in going from the line being owned by person X to that person joining a T-Mobile plan owned by person Y? If so, how can these be overcome?
    As long as you have the information to show that you are owner of the account that is being ported in (varies from carrier to carrier), there shouldn't be any difficulties when you call up T-Mobile and provide them the information.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    as long as you have all the info from the primary and secondary lines.. I do it all the time between my employees and the company line. Also between my family and my own personal line.
    Take note that all calls and text are diverted immediately. (all tmobile mvno are moved instantly)