Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Moto G6 a good upgrade over the Moto E4? (AT&T/T-Mobile mvno's)

Feedback Score
    I don't think the US versions of the Moto E5 or Moto E6 have fingerprint sensors.

The front fingerprint sensor / One Button Navigation pad is one of the greatest features of the Moto E4. It's a big loss on the E5 and E6.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    Seems like the G line of Motorola phones is suffering from their own success. Later models seem to have been rushed out there.

Is there a successor to the E line? Maybe the E5 or beyond is a better line in terms of price to performance?...
    There is an E6. I recently got an E5. The E5 has Android 8. My G6 has Android 9.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I don't think the US versions of the Moto E5 or Moto E6 have fingerprint sensors.
    My E5 (XT1920DL) has a rear fingerprint sensor. I'm pretty sure it is a US version, Tracfone bought from HSN. I don't think it does the button navigation.

The front fingerprint sensor / One Button Navigation pad is one of the greatest features of the Moto E4. It's a big loss on the E5 and E6.
    I have that on my G6. I don't like the button navigation. That thing is tiny and I have ten thumbs.

Feedback Score
    Is there a reception difference between the E4 and the G6 and G7 versions?
    I only have the G6. It may not have the best reception of any phone, but it is no slouch. It works better than any of my previous phones. I live in a fringe signal area. It is the only cellphone I have had that I could use inside the house while walking around.

Side by side with my E5 they both say -111 dBm of Verizon LTE. That is not a great signal.

There may be better phones for reception. Maybe Moto shipped some duds. Maybe some people bought non-US versions that don't have all the same LTE bands as US versions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    My E5 (XT1920DL) has a rear fingerprint sensor. I'm pretty sure it is a US version, Tracfone bought from HSN. I don't think it does the button navigation.
    Oh, okay. Thanks for the info. I guess it's a bit of a confusing issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-E5...d/td-p/4234653 indicates:
    I apologize for the confusion. The Fingerprint Reader is available on certain models, including models from Verizon and Comcast. It is not available on certain models, including models from Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, Cricket, and the GSM-Unlocked model sold on Motorola.com.

Feedback Score
    Oh, okay. Thanks for the info. I guess it's a bit of a confusing issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-E5...d/td-p/4234653 indicates:
    I apologize for the confusion. The Fingerprint Reader is available on certain models, including models from Verizon and Comcast. It is not available on certain models, including models from Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, Cricket, and the GSM-Unlocked model sold on Motorola.com.
    Interesting. I had no idea some did not have it. A fingerprint sensor is not on my list of important features.

Feedback Score
    For a non-power user I think the Moto G6 is the best value going. It is still selling for ~$100 or less as open box or "manufacturer refurbished" (overstock) on ebay. That it works with all four major US carriers is priceless. My wife always buys used phones in good condition and won't pay more than around $100. Her G6 replaced an LG Optimus G Pro that was never updated beyond kit kat. Not only is the G6 a better phone for her in every way (no reliability problems in NYC) but she bought the Red Pocket $30 annual plan, which is only available on Sprint. Although it is modest in size (200 minutes/1000 texts/200MBs) she is getting $92 worth of service at her former H2O rate for $2.50!

I don't need another phone myself but I keep looking at the remaining mint G6's longingly.

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    thx.
    but it's from Tracphone.
    is it unlocked? (i use Mint and freedompop)

can i sell the Tracfone sim with 1500 Minutes, Texts and Data?

Feedback Score
    That’s going to be locked to Tracphone for a year. Another option for unlocked phones lately was the Moto Z3 Play for $150. Alas, I think the days of $50 unlocked phones are likely gone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by malet View Post
    That’s going to be locked to Tracphone for a year. Another option for unlocked phones lately was the Moto Z3 Play for $150. Alas, I think the days of $50 unlocked phones are likely gone.
    Except for possible future YMMV Walmart clearance deals.

A lot of us got the unlocked for all US networks Moto E4 XT1768 phones for $30 on clearance from Walmart earlier this year. It's a really great versatile phone for non-demanding use.

But to get deals like that, you have to be paying close attention and/or get lucky!

Feedback Score
    Yeah, the Z3 replaced a $50 unlocked G4 Walmart clearance phone, so I know about those deals (and visit SlickDeals daily.) It just seems like sub-$100 unlocked phones have gotten much rarer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2