Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Good bye cricket

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    The main thing that contributes to slower speeds is the cloud. Different setup
    Makes sense, thanks!!

Feedback Score
    I switched down from the Cricket 5GB plan to the Cricket Core to save 10 bucks a month on my 4 lines. I haven't noticed any difference in feel or speeds.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Visible sucks. I'm glad I tried only one number with them as I discovered that Verizon still has lots of 3G areas that Visible cannot access here in N. California, Nevada, Oregon. Data speeds were S L O W, zero customer service and one would think a cellular communications company could at least spend some money on a phone number..apparently not. Emails go unanswered for days or no reply at all. I was double billed and c/s was unable to change it on their website or app and told me to just let the charge go through and they will refund. Laughable. Another negative is that there is no way to delete a credit card, only replace it with another. Their churn rate is horrible as people discover their faults. People I work with have been there and switched out as I have.
    I don’t think Visible will really care much what you or me saying things about them, they operate like computerized system, nothing much you can do about it. YMMV, i and many others have different experiences from yours, but to each own, i think Visible is the best prepaid mobile service so far. I don’t have negative things to say about them, i like the way it works as everything works and the service is absolutely better than Cricket or T mobile fir sure. Porting to free gift card to free hotspot, service works everywhere, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    I switched down from the Cricket 5GB plan to the Cricket Core to save 10 bucks a month on my 4 lines. I haven't noticed any difference in feel or speeds.
    If you like Cricket, that is great . But i think there are quite a few options that offer better bang for your bucks as of 2020. I will never go back to T mobile or Cricket after using Visible $25 unlimited everything into 2nd month, Cricket is playing catchup game from my feelings, Visible hotspot all the time you want versus 15 gb from Cricket, and 3 or 8 mbps cap versus unlimited, etc. Cricket or Metro stores, versus online only DIY. Totally done with Cricket snd Metro or T mobile, feel like physically go to the malls or stores versus shopping on Amazon... etc goodbye Cricket or Metro or Boost. My 2 cents

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    Cricket is playing catchup game from my feelings, Visible hotspot all the time you want versus 15 gb from Cricket, and 3 or 8 mbps cap versus unlimited, etc. Cricket or Metro stores, versus online only DIY. Totally done with Cricket snd Metro or T mobile, feel like physically go to the malls or stores versus shopping on Amazon... etc goodbye Cricket or Metro or Boost. My 2 cents
    Hotspot with no data caps or speed caps on Cricket More. So, your information is wrong.

Not sure what your point is with "Cricket or Metro stores, versus online only DIY". Visible is online only DIY, best case chat support--no voice support, no one to call. Are you saying that's better than having a brick and mortar store and a voice line available??

Visible doesn't work "everywhere". It doesn't work in the large metro area where I live, for example. Oh, you can make phone calls. But if you want data better than 1/1, look elsewhere.

3 lines on Visible would be cheaper--but it's not all about price. The service has to function in order for it to have value, and Visible doesn't function here in a very large metro area. Go figure.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    Hotspot with no data caps or speed caps on Cricket More. So, your information is wrong...
    Fact check, Cricket More has a 15 GB soft cap on hotspot data. Throttled to 128 kbps after 15 GB.
    Last edited by Yeswap; 02-06-2020 at 04:09 PM.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    that's not a soft cap, it's a stated hard cap.

Which they're ignoring, in my experience.

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by natronx View Post
    Contact Metro and tell them you want the phone unlocked.
    Each brand may be different, but when the 10 or so phones I've had, needed to go to the unlock app and request the unlock.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14